• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

BSPN’s mock is just horrid. I bet that’s what they’d like us to do. 😂 I like Keldon but that’s at 17, not at 8 or 10.

So I was stuck in car yesterday for a few hours and happened to be listening to NBA radio and they talked about the draft for a few hours. The guests were Chris Beard and Tom Crean. Obviously you could expect Beard to talk up his own player and he did. There were a couple things that I have heard before and love about this kid.

1. He’s from Lubbock Texas. Born and raised. Guess who else is born in Lubbock? That’s right Trae! This is already a good story.

2. He lives in the gym. Fran Fraschilla was going on and on about it and Beard also mentioned that’s he’d be a guy that would play basketball for FREE because of the love of the game. They said he even goes to places like 24fit to get some shots up. I personally LOVE this. A dedicated dude.

Then they (Joel Meyers and Fran) mocked

#8- Goga Bitadze

#10- Rui Hachimura (whom Fran said had shoulders like the Empire State Building which made Joel giggle).

@kg01 Goga ur boy. They talked that kid uuuuppppp! I know Fran loves international prospects and that’s his thing and in usual fashion he loves Goga. Fran compared him to the likes of Jokic/Nurkic/Kanter etc. They said Goga was movin on up.

By the way, Joel Meyers said he yelled for a long time when the Pelicans won the first pick. Smug lil bastard. That woulda been me. 

I was at kg03's practice yesterday (soccer side session even though it's the offseason.  'cause if you're not getting better, you're getting worse)

.. so i listened on the app.  Fran's the one who said Goga is a lean, mean, fightin' machine or stte .. that's what got my attention weeks ago.  He's a 3pt shooting, rebounding, block'n version of Zaza.  The Culver-sac smokescreen is to make sure folks don't realize Goga should be a top 5 pick.  Book it.

And I usually don't listen to Fran when it comes to foreign guys but that changed last year when he raised some legit questions about L***.  IOW, didn't just buy into the hype.  Gave legit assessment on him and the other Euros.

I absolutely hate Joel Meyers.  Hate him.  He likes Trae and Heurter but he goes out of his way to criticize the city of Atlanta and fanbase.  He's a St. Louis guy who's still butthurt because the Hawks left that dead-arse market.  I mean, there's a reason that city's lost football teams and a basketball team.  He may as well get used to it since, once Aunt Davis is gone, the PeliCan'ts aren't long for the city of Old Orleans.

42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh sh!t I guess you heard it too. What are you a trucker? A trucker from the de sac? 😆 Dude that’s be a great tv reality show. Kg, the Hawks fan and trucker who lives in a white privileged neighborhood.

ps When did this Culver-sac thing start? I’m on the road for a day and u f*%#ckin the dude? 😐 

I could do our podcast, aka 'The Crap Session', then the reality tv show afterwards?

I’m starting to settle in on my favorite draft prospects at our picks. The theme of my selections is adding high potential defenders with two way potential. We need difference makers defensively.

8 - Nas Little - A guy I haven’t always been high on. Dude is pretty much a lock to be a high level defender with his tools and most importantly his desire to be a great defender. He’s got 1-4 switchability. He’s got some work as a perimeter shooter, but he’s definitely not a lost cause. Elite first step leads me to believe he can be a good slasher with experience.

Comparison: More Defensive minded Jaylen Brown or more athletic/dynamic Harrison Barnes depending on how his jumper develops.

10 - Brandon Clarke - Bonafide impact defender. Enough talent to potentially be a defensive anchor. Elite finisher around the basket and elite roll target. He could eventually give you everything John Collins  does offensively + elite defensive skills. He needs to work on his jumper, develop a face up game, and bulk about 15-20 lbs over the next few seasons. 

Comparison: (non-headache) Josh Smith or Andrei Kirilenko

17 - Nic Claxton - Another high potential defender. He’s probably got more potential than any big as a PnR defender with his agility and quickness. He was asked to be the primary playmaker on a talentless UGA team and could really excel with less playmaking responsibilities. Biggest question mark for him is his jumper.

Comparison: (based on what I’ve read and on received feedback) Joakim Noah without the broken knuckle ball jumper.

Honorable mentions if we get another late 1st:

Keldon Johnson

Grant Williams

Ty Jerome

Romeo Langford

• Like 1

kg's bored (you think it's misspelled 'cause you don't get the joke)

8 - Code Redd(ish)

10 - Gogo Gadget Bitadze

17 - My name is L*** Samanic

Disclaimer: I think it's clear they're trying to trade the 10 but the above is simply what kg wants as things stand right now.

4 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I’m starting to settle in on my favorite draft prospects at our picks. The theme of my selections is adding high potential defenders with two way potential. We need difference makers defensively.

8 - Nas Little - A guy I haven’t always been high on. Dude is pretty much a lock to be a high level defender with his tools and most importantly his desire to be a great defender. He’s got 1-4 switchability. He’s got some work as a perimeter shooter, but he’s definitely not a lost cause. Elite first step leads me to believe he can be a good slasher with experience.

Comparison: More Defensive minded Jaylen Brown or more athletic/dynamic Harrison Barnes depending on how his jumper develops.

10 - Brandon Clarke - Bonafide impact defender. Enough talent to potentially be a defensive anchor. Elite finisher around the basket and elite roll target. He could eventually give you everything John Collins  does offensively + elite defensive skills. He needs to work on his jumper, develop a face up game, and bulk about 15-20 lbs over the next few seasons. 

Comparison: (non-headache) Josh Smith or Andrei Kirilenko

17 - Nic Claxton - Another high potential defender. He’s probably got more potential than any big as a PnR defender with his agility and quickness. He was asked to be the primary playmaker on a talentless UGA team and could really excel with less playmaking responsibilities. Biggest question mark for him is his jumper.

Comparison: (based on what I’ve read and on received feedback) Joakim Noah without the broken knuckle ball jumper.

Honorable mentions if we get another late 1st:

Keldon Johnson

Grant Williams

Ty Jerome

Romeo Langford

I'm assuming you're thinking Cam is off the board at 8?   There's no way in hell I'd take Nas Little with Cam Reddish still on the board. 

Also regarding Nas, where are you guys getting this great athlete from?  His in game athleticism wasn't that great and his combine stats were mediocre.  I think some of it has to do with the weight he put on, but if he slims down, he won't be guarding 1 - 4 because he's not that tall (6'6") with shoes and although he has great length 7'1.25".  I don't see  him guarding 4's.  He'll be good at the three.   

It's not that I'm not a fan,  I just wanted more out of the 8th pick.   Full disclosure, I haven't watched a lot of him in college,  I watched more high school stuff.  I didn't see the potential I saw with Cam even though both had mediocre at best seasons. 

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm assuming you're thinking Cam is off the board at 8?   There's no way in hell I'd take Nas Little with Cam Reddish still on the board. 

Also regarding Nas, where are you guys getting this great athlete from?  His in game athleticism wasn't that great and his combine stats were mediocre.  I think some of it has to do with the weight he put on, but if he slims down, he won't be guarding 1 - 4 because he's not that tall (6'6") with shoes and although he has great length 7'1.25".  I don't see  him guarding 4's.  He'll be good at the three.   

It's not that I'm not a fan,  I just wanted more out of the 8th pick.   Full disclosure, I haven't watched a lot of him in college,  I watched more high school stuff.  I didn't see the potential I saw with Cam even though both had mediocre at best seasons. 

He is clearly athletic on the tape. Especially with explosiveness and his first step. His 10 inch width on his hands gives him a tremendous advantage once his ball handling comes along. He has all of the tools to be a star, its on him if he gets there. The work ethic and motor is there.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is clearly athletic on the tape. Especially with explosiveness and his first step. His 10 inch width on his hands gives him a tremendous advantage once his ball handling comes along. He has all of the tools to be a star, its on him if he gets there. The work ethic and motor is there.

You just threw me when you said he has more potential than Cam. I just don't see that. 

I should say, if they both reach their highest potential, I see Cam being the better player.

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You just threw me when you said he has more potential than Cam. I just don't see that. 

I should say, if they both reach their highest potential, I see Cam being the better player.

For us, no. In general, yes. Cam has the highest ceiling in the draft for us other than Zion

41 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I like Nas long term over Cam. Intangibles aside..I think Cam is going to require more for his game to work as a pro. He’s not a good finisher at all and doesn’t have enough burst to create separation on his own. He, like Culver, will be dependent on PnR to create space. Not a deal breaker, as there are a number of players in the pros who score a ton bc of the PnR creating space. After the end of the season, hearing about multiple injuries combined with his questionable intangibles scared me away from him.

I actually think if both players reach their ceilings that Nas Little would be clearly the better player. 

Nas being 225 @ 19 leads me to believe he will realistically play at around 230-235 which is more than enough size to defend the 4. His 7’+ wingspan combined with his elite athleticism should allow him to hold up well defensively anywhere.

I can’t ignore Cams lack of impact and his lack of production with Zion out kind of eliminates the 3rd fiddle excuse he’s been given for his disappearing act. If he had more in the intangibles department, I’d be more on board but the mental aspect of the game matters.

I don't see it being possible for Cam to reach his potential with most teams. I think his ceiling is a Danny Green type at SF with more passing and and skills but less decision making and intangibles and depending how good or bad the team is, will hamper or help his value moving forward.

For us, Cam can be a superstar. Why? We are one of the three teams that can hide his critical flaws due to our offensive gravity and system we run. Defensively, I see Danny Green, excellent potential overall but not Rodman, Tony Allen or Leonard type. Doesn't have that type of athleticism or frame and strength needed as well as the hands. Still, an All defensive team type of defensive talent. 

1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

I like Nas long term over Cam. Intangibles aside..I think Cam is going to require more for his game to work as a pro. He’s not a good finisher at all and doesn’t have enough burst to create separation on his own. He, like Culver, will be dependent on PnR to create space. Not a deal breaker, as there are a number of players in the pros who score a ton bc of the PnR creating space. After the end of the season, hearing about multiple injuries combined with his questionable intangibles scared me away from him.

I actually think if both players reach their ceilings that Nas Little would be clearly the better player. 

Nas being 225 @ 19 leads me to believe he will realistically play at around 230-235 which is more than enough size to defend the 4. His 7’+ wingspan combined with his elite athleticism should allow him to hold up well defensively anywhere.

I can’t ignore Cams lack of impact and his lack of production with Zion out kind of eliminates the 3rd fiddle excuse he’s been given for his disappearing act. If he had more in the intangibles department, I’d be more on board but the mental aspect of the game matters.

I can respect your analysis.  

I like Cam over Nas for our system just because I think he'll end up being a better shooter and ball handler.   Regarding the finishing.  He broke his ribs in December and something went wrong with his core, hence the surgery.  I posted two articles disclosing this information a few pages back.  

I also posted an article regarding his mental approach.  Cam is a hard worker too.    I see you have legitimate reasons for liking Nas over Cam so no argument from me.   I'll root for whoever Travis picks, but I def prefer Cam over everyone in this draft and I'm even crazy to prefer him over Zion.  I don't think Zion is Lebron.  He'll have a Blake Griffin type career, without the injuries, if you ask me. 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I like Cam over Nas for our system just because I think he'll end up being a better shooter and ball handler.   Regarding the finishing.  He broke his ribs in December and something went wrong with his core, hence the surgery.  I posted two articles disclosing this information a few pages back.  

I also posted an article regarding his mental approach.  Cam is a hard worker too.    I see you have legitimate reasons for liking Nas over Cam so no argument from me.   I'll root for whoever Travis picks, but I def prefer Cam over everyone in this draft and I'm even crazy to prefer him over Zion.  I don't think Zion is Lebron.  He'll have a Blake Griffin type career, without the injuries, if you ask me. 

In today's NBA you need to shoot, I don't ever seeing Zion being a great shooter.  He'll def be a great finisher though.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I don't think it's close. Cam is the perfect fit for our system. He plays our style already. He has an elite stride. That doesn't mean but for our pace of play with Trae, that can open up even more of our offense. Also, we must remember, at Duke, he played with elite athletes like Tre, R.J. and Zion where they can run at an elite pace but don't away play at an elite pace. 

We hide so many of his weaknesses as we play in space a lot more than most teams. We open up the court with our shooting 1-5. We shoot with elite range, both Trae and Kevin. We want everyone to get boards as Collins gets doubled on rebounds. It just fits for him. It just fits perfectly 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Giannis dominates with out really being able to shoot, so it can be done.

It's all about your athleticism and tools. When you as athletic as prime Westbrook and Zion, you don't need a jumper to be honest. You will always get to the hole at ease

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think it's close. Cam is the perfect fit for our system. He plays our style already. He has an elite stride. That doesn't mean but for our pace of play with Trae, that can open up even more of our offense. Also, we must remember, at Duke, he played with elite athletes like Tre, R.J. and Zion where they can run at an elite pace but don't away play at an elite pace. 

We hide so many of his weaknesses as we play in space a lot more than most teams. We open up the court with our shooting 1-5. We shoot with elite range, both Trae and Kevin. We want everyone to get boards as Collins gets doubled on rebounds. It just fits for him. It just fits perfectly 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d012a165355307345

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Giannis dominates with out really being able to shoot, so it can be done.

He didn't dominate the Raptors... If he could have consistently shot the ball in that series, they'd be playing the warriors.

I don't want what I'm saying to be misinterpreted.  I believe Zion's going to be very good!  I just don't see generational talent.  My definition of generational talent are your Lebron's, MJ's, Kareem's, Wilt's players you only see once every 10 - 20 years.  I don't ever see Cam being that.  Giannis has the chance to be that if he gets a jump shot, just because he's so great at finishing.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

kg's bored (you think it's misspelled 'cause you don't get the joke)

8 - Code Redd(ish)

10 - Gogo Gadget Bitadze

17 - My name is L*** Samanic

Disclaimer: I think it's clear they're trying to trade the 10 but the above is simply what kg wants as things stand right now.

OH NO U DONT! U hated Cam??? What the!

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I was at kg03's practice yesterday (soccer side session even though it's the offseason.  'cause if you're not getting better, you're getting worse)

.. so i listened on the app.  Fran's the one who said Goga is a lean, mean, fightin' machine or stte .. that's what got my attention weeks ago.  He's a 3pt shooting, rebounding, block'n version of Zaza.  The Culver-sac smokescreen is to make sure folks don't realize Goga should be a top 5 pick.  Book it.

And I usually don't listen to Fran when it comes to foreign guys but that changed last year when he raised some legit questions about L***.  IOW, didn't just buy into the hype.  Gave legit assessment on him and the other Euros.

I absolutely hate Joel Meyers.  Hate him.  He likes Trae and Heurter but he goes out of his way to criticize the city of Atlanta and fanbase.  He's a St. Louis guy who's still butthurt because the Hawks left that dead-arse market.  I mean, there's a reason that city's lost football teams and a basketball team.  He may as well get used to it since, once Aunt Davis is gone, the PeliCan'ts aren't long for the city of Old Orleans.

I could do our podcast, aka 'The Crap Session', then the reality tv show afterwards?

I’m down for a reality show! You can be an adult at ur kid’s soccer practice and I can shake and jiggle my belly fat! 😊 It’s better than the Kardashian’s that’s for damn sure!

Joel Meyers is a moron I agree. He has a thick voice and a weenier body. Fran was walking on egg shells not to hurt Joel talking about AD getting shipped out. 

Joel went on to say how he would introduce Zion to all these great places to eat in Nawlins! I wanted to fight after that.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Call him the reverse Sexton this year.  I wanna see Cam in the volt 'n (code)redd.

😊

Studnik list (since 2 months ago and I haven’t changed or wavered so F U haters)!!

CCCK (Cam/Culver/Clarke/Kabengele)