• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1. For us, Cam has much higher potential than Culver. I actually think Culver somewhat limited here even if he might have a chance at success more here than elsewhere just due to his position and role but Cam and it's not even close. 

2. Cam, but Hayes is the center who I rate with the highest ceiling but the lowest floor. 6/9. In general, he would be someone with more potential than Cam. 

3. See #2 but for PF's instead. 

4. Cam. Pretty wide gap. 

5. I actually love Clarke for us long term but Cam has the clear edge.

There is no one in this draft I would take potential wise over Cam for us other than Zion. Truth is, there is no one I would take short term either. 

Since we have 3 1st rounders, I will be ok to take a chance on a player that has performed so poorly in college.

17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Since we have 3 1st rounders, I will be ok to take a chance on a player that has performed so poorly in college.

He is a system player. He will be fine with us even in year 1. He is a much more advanced prospect than anyone we drafted last year including Trae. I actually have him with more upside than Trae and readiness then Trae in our system year 1. Partly because I didn't know what our system was so Trae got from me 6.5/9 which really is, high end back up from the jump who will struggle to adjust who has legit all star potential and a chance to be elite on offense. Now, I think he is a stud player who has a chance to be one if not the greatest PG to ever played in the NBA. For me, Cam is 7.5/9.5 for us. In general, 6.5/8 and for bad teams with bad offenses and depth, 6.5/6.5. 

For college, I though he was an average college basketball player which is not good for a Duke starter as they usually start above average and better. His defense was pretty good, his offense was pretty bad. He showed great flashes on offense as well as defense. He showed a lot of talent and ability, but no really consistency other than some bad consistency. He showed some excellent qualities and some severe flaws, I thought would limited his ceiling at the next level for many teams. 

He clearly is a 3/D prospect with PDS abilities and not a two way prospect like PG13 became. PG13 at Fresno was no where near this talented with this ability or readiness. He could play with Zion and R.J. everyday at the level and never even stiff them for any practices and would be limited to be Jordan Goldwire type of role at that stage of his career. Cam on the other hand sometimes is the best player in practice. Just another talent level Cam is at, at this stage but that doesn't mean much. Josh Jackson was at a high level as a freshman at Kansas. Two years into his career, he looks like ass in the NBA. Seems to have regressed. Fit is so critical as these players on average are going to BAD situations and more is expected than should be. 

13 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Brooklyn deserves the headcase it's getting ready to marry itself to.  The second this fool revealed his flat-earth beliefs, I knew he was not all there and it's been reflected in his relationship to the teams he's played for.

In fairness, the flat earth thing was a goof on the media that they ran with which was apparently his point in saying it.

That said, I agree he's a headcase and I'm glad another eastern conference foe will be dealing with him.  I see him as a team cancer who, outside of the LeBron years, has accomplished no team successes.

I heard some eggspert ponder what's really the difference between him and a guy like kemba.  Not much different,  if you think about it.  Yet one is highly thought of and the other is only a borderline all star, at best.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In fairness, the flat earth thing was a goof on the media that they ran with which was apparently his point in saying it.

That said, I agree he's a headcase and I'm glad another eastern conference foe will be dealing with him.  I see him as a team cancer who, outside of the LeBron years, has accomplished no team successes.

I heard some eggspert ponder what's really the difference between him and a guy like kemba.  Not much different,  if you think about it.  Yet one is highly thought of and the other is only a borderline all star, at best.

I don't know man. I thought he doubled down on it like he truly believed it and wasn't just trolling the media. Either way, I agree with everything else you said about him. I'm SO glad the Hawks are not at a point in the rebuild where they'd be going after him and that's the flat-out truth😉

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Brooklyn deserves the headcase it's getting ready to marry itself to.  The second this fool revealed his flat-earth beliefs, I knew he was not all there and it's been reflected in his relationship to the teams he's played for.

He's not a head case so much as one of those guys who thinks they are really smart but isn't. But basketball wise he is suited as a number 2, you cant win with him as a number 1. Too much dribbling, too much one-on-one, very entertaining, but it cant be the main dish.

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

🤣

Hell ya!

It would give us 4/8/17 and just one 2nd rounder and 14 players, 13 guaranteed. With practical of 14,066,980 million. Obviously, we could sign our 2nd rounder which is 15 or cut Adams, 13th. Cutting Adams would give us 15,483,832 and 2 spots available. 

Dedmon's caphold is 9,360,000 and VC's is 1,618,486. We can bring both back. We still got some options. 

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Pels are going young, I don't think they are desperate to shed salary. 

They want to win. Since DeRozan is free right now. SA willing to give him away. This would give them the chance to do it regardless if Randle opts in or out. 

Gives them

Ball/Jackson

Jrue/DeRozan

BI/DeRozan

Zion

#10 pick and potentially 15-17 million is cap space to sign a center which they don't have outside of Okafor who can opt out. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It would give us 4/8/17 and just one 2nd rounder and 14 players, 13 guaranteed. With practical of 14,066,980 million. Obviously, we could sign our 2nd rounder which is 15 or cut Adams, 13th. Cutting Adams would give us 15,483,832 and 2 spots available. 

Dedmon's caphold is 9,360,000 and VC's is 1,618,486. We can bring both back. We still got some options. 

Yes Schlenk has made us cap flexible and versatile to go a number of ways with our assets.YE YE!!! 😊 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

All reports say Pels want an all star or borderline all star with that #4 pick. They do not want the deal you suggested.

Just now, bleachkit said:

All reports say Pels want an all star or borderline all star with that #4 pick. They do not want the deal you suggested.

DeRozan would be free. No one is trading a star for #4 in this draft. It's wishful thinking.