• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Weaknesses

Even though he has tremendous ability to finish around the rim, the rest of Hayes’ offensive game remains a mystery. He managed to somehow go an entire season without making a jump shot. As a matter of fact, he only attempted one jump shot.

:shocked:  Did I really just read that?  Wow.  Didn't realize it was that extreme.

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This. 

SB nation :

He only attempted ☝🏾 jumper? Yeaaa that’s gonna be tough. He is a poor man’s Joakim Noah and that’s not gonna fly in today’s game, specially not with our offense. 

Weaknesses

Even though he has tremendous ability to finish around the rim, the rest of Hayes’ offensive game remains a mystery. He managed to somehow go an entire season without making a jump shot. As a matter of fact, he only attempted one jump shot.

Better to leave them wondering rather than removing all doubt like Barrett has.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

:shocked:  Did I really just read that?  Wow.  Didn't realize it was that extreme.

Ya I was shocked too. Statistically that’s almost impossible to do whether you intend to or not. I mean at some point didn’t the defense adjust to force Hayes to shoot? I guess once 😆 

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Better to leave them wondering rather than removing all doubt like Barrett has.

Leave them wondering to hurt your own draft stock and cost yourself money 💰? 🤔 

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Eggsactly.  But he's gonna come into a better league where coaches actually take advantage of your weaknesses and become Kyle Korver all of a sudden.

sarcasmus.gif

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gotta make this quick, I have meetings coming up shortly. 

He texted me and asked if you got time, I got some shit for ya. Meeting ended early so I was like, go for it.

This shits cray! Blockbuster details!....

Note: The Cleveland deal is from Cleveland's end. No telling if the Hawks are interested. We know they have had 10/17 interest if Culver is available and my guy says the interest is there if he isn't as well at least assumed. 

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gotta make this quick, I have meetings coming up shortly. 

He texted me and asked if you got time, I got some shit for ya. Meeting ended early so I was like, go for it.

This shits cray! Blockbuster details!

Hawks are talking to everybody, that's not new but it seems Atlanta and Cleveland are working on a number of deals. 

He said CLE 1st 2020, #17 and a 2nd rounder (Not sure which one or what year) for #5, Delly is one that's been talked about by Cleveland. They want to move back if they miss on Culver and they want to pursue DeMar DeRozan for J.R. Smith and one of the 2nds we are sending them to eat Smith's 3. something million. Said they are talking multiple deals with Atlanta but it's clear they want to use the J.R. Smith asset but the teams are limited as MIN and CHA don't want to trade back and MIA wants to keep the pick unless CLE takes on both Waiters and Johnson. SA is targeting Bogdan from Indy and want to keep Rudy's cap hold. 

He got more insight on CHA. Said that not only are they hot on Culver. They are hot on Drummond who is openly available. He was told that Drummond could be had for a young player and a salary filler but around the league, he has negative value and you gotta eat a contract or just salary fillers at best. He told me Monk+Bismack is the package for him which is more than enough for Andre and Charlotte wants to be a legit playoff team around Kemba. 

Told me NO is shopping #4 and gathering up offers. Atlanta has bidded he said. 

Told me CHI-MIN deal is getting closer. 

Told me OKC badly wants to move down and move a contract but interest has been lukewarm when I asked what happened this deal. 

To add to the previous convo (post for you all) - Confirmed Cleveland wants to move back if Culver is not at #5.  No telling who they will draft at #5 if Culver goes #4. Garland is not on the radar. Bol and Porter Jr. are which has been confirmed again. 

Couldn't get more detail from LA on AD other than the #4 shopped. 

Mention both Cleveland and Charlotte want to make the playoffs next year and don't want to rebuild. 

Why do the hawks want #5 if the Cavs think culver isn’t going to be there and they want culver too ?

maybe schlenk has already confirmed with lakers who they are taking I’m assuming , especially if we bite on this deal.

Just now, JTB said:

Why do the hawks want #5 if the Cavs think culver isn’t going to be there and they want culver too ?

maybe schlenk has already confirmed with lakers who they are taking I’m assuming , especially if we bite on this deal.

Not lakers but New Orleans in this case 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Unless we are are cutting the baby in half, biblical style.

I like the concept of having 5, 8, 10 this year but I guess I don't see the need.  If we assume Culver is off the board, then there's really no one, imo, to trade up for that wouldn't likely be available at 8.  Only other option I can come up with is then trading 5 and 10 for 3 to take Barrett.  

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I like the concept of having 5, 8, 10 this year but I guess I don't see the need.  If we assume Culver is off the board, then there's really no one, imo, to trade up for that wouldn't likely be available at 8.  Only other option I can come up with is then trading 5 and 10 for 3 to take Barrett.  

It depends, the Hawks are selling #10 like it's a hotcake. They always have options. 

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why don't they want pick 10?

For all I know, they might want it but it doesn't feel that way from him. Even the media feels the same way. It's like everyone knows that pick is getting shopped. 

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Draft the two best small forwards on the board, and let them fight for Taureans minutes.

Yup I say get Culver, the best SF left, and then your center and we’re good to go 

I just saw that philly is among the teams talking to Atlanta for #10. Not sure what philly could really offer us for that pick.