• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Because he can't shoot.  What's not clear, Peo?

Seriously though, he's one of the dudes that will make shots in workouts but not in games.  Then folks say, "Bwah, well that's just because TX didn't want him to shoot.", which is just excuse making.

So you think he is what he is?  Wasn't that the same knock on John Collins?

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why would it be necessary to trade with trade with say an LA and then trade with Cleveland.  Couldn't Cleveland just offer LA the same deal being offered to the hawks?

It was with NY, not LA. R.J. Barrett is highly coveted and Atlanta owns Cleveland 2020 1st

I'd be fine with moving 8 and 17 to go to 5 and get Culver.  I just think Culver is on another level than Reddish or Hunter.  He measured 6.675 in shoes which means he grew last year (and could a little more) and is bigger than people thought who had him at 6'5.  As a secondary ball handler and defensive stalwart he looks terrific.  He can play 2 or 3, which is great.  I'm not 100% sold on Huerter long term as a lock to be our SG.  I'd like another flexible option at least.

Then, for me, Bruno at 10 is reach value wise but I believe in that kid.  Those are two supremely great character guys who are also perfect fits with Trae/Huerter/Collins.  They both have upside and are going to work hard to improve.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, txsting said:

I don't see why anyone would still want Hayes when Bruno Fernando proved he was a better athlete at the combine.  That along with a tremendous character, aggressive/elite rebounding, and he shot 77% from the stripe which shows he has shooting upside.  Bruno would be an excellent rim runner lob target for Trae.  And a strong presence inside allows Collins to roam more and play to his strengths as a rangy 4, without sacrificing the offensive board.

Cause Bruno Mars is older than Trae while Hayes is 2 years younger with similar production

13 minutes ago, txsting said:

I'd be fine with moving 8 and 17 to go to 5 and get Culver.  I just think Culver is on another level than Reddish or Hunter.  He measured 6.675 in shoes which means he grew last year (and could a little more) and is bigger than people thought who had him at 6'5.  As a secondary ball handler and defensive stalwart he looks terrific.  He can play 2 or 3, which is great.  I'm not 100% sold on Huerter long term as a lock to be our SG.  I'd like another flexible option at least.

Then, for me, Bruno at 10 is reach value wise but I believe in that kid.  Those are two supremely great character guys who are also perfect fits with Trae/Huerter/Collins.  They both have upside and are going to work hard to improve.

Other than it being stupid as hell, Atlanta isn't shopping #8 outside of for R.J. Barrett (3)

23 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you think he is what he is?  Wasn't that the same knock on John Collins?

No, but I don't think he's even good enough at what his strengths supposedly are for me to be ok with drafting him in the lottery ... based off whatever level of shooting ability he's allegedly going to develop.

59 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Because he can't shoot.  What's not clear, Peo?

Seriously though, he's one of the dudes that will make shots in workouts but not in games.  Then folks say, "Bwah, well that's just because TX didn't want him to shoot.", which is just excuse making.

This. 

SB nation :

He only attempted ☝🏾 jumper? Yeaaa that’s gonna be tough. He is a poor man’s Joakim Noah and that’s not gonna fly in today’s game, specially not with our offense. 

Weaknesses

Even though he has tremendous ability to finish around the rim, the rest of Hayes’ offensive game remains a mystery. He managed to somehow go an entire season without making a jump shot. As a matter of fact, he only attempted one jump shot.

40 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Cause Bruno Mars is older than Trae while Hayes is 2 years younger with similar production

Jaxson Hayes will still be trash at age 21.  Bruno Mars ready now.  Hayes will be slip sliding on draft night, my prediction.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, txsting said:

Jaxson Hayes will still be trash at age 21.  Bruno Mars ready now.  Hayes will be slip sliding on draft night, my prediction.

The advanced metric look very similar...Hayes' offensive rating is off the chart though

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Other than it being stupid as hell, Atlanta isn't shopping #8 outside of for R.J. Barrett (3)

Since we've already offered (reportedly) 10 and 17 for 5, i wouldn't be surprised to see Cavs counter for the 8 pick.  I would also be asking about their 26 pick would be a nice spot to grab someone like Thybulle.

As I've said, I don't mind kicking the Cavs a little extra value because we really need them to improve.  Next year's draft is the last chance to get their top10 protected first rounder before it corn flakes into trash (two second rounders).  Netting them an extra first rounder, plus whatever haul they can get for the attractive JR Smith contract, and they could be on the bounce.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He was the one that told me if Atlanta gets #3 for 8/10, they would flip it with Cleveland for an unprotected 2020 1st and #5. So don't doubt we are beyond making a trade to make the trade we really want. 

If we turn 8/10 into #5 and unprotected 2020 from Cleveland! well that would be a friggin genius move.

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This. 

SB nation :

He only attempted ☝🏾 jumper? Yeaaa that’s gonna be tough. He is a poor man’s Joakim Noah and that’s not gonna fly in today’s game, specially not with our offense. 

Wow.  You'd think even in desperation at the end of the clock, he would've got more than one jumpshot up.

I guess the TX coaching staff saw all the step-bak 3's he was hitting in practice and thought, "Nah, we'll save all that for next season."

5 minutes ago, txsting said:

I can see WAS picking him at 9.  Actually, I hope they do.  Shiii, they don't even have a GM right now.  Who knows what they're gonna do.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

The advanced metric look very similar...Hayes' offensive rating is off the chart though

What?  If your metric comment is accurate, why would you not pick a man over a boy?  If you love metrics so much, then you should take Clarke over both of them.  Literally all Hayes did was dunk and lay the ball up.  His metric is fools gold.  He doesn't rebound, and he doesn't pass.  I've got Clarke over Hayes all day, and I could even see Clarke being better than Bruno.

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If we turn 8/10 into #5 and unprotected 2020 from Cleveland! well that would be a friggin genius move.

You mean they would take the protections off the pick that we already have dibs on?  Would be fantastic!  Or is this the Hornets 2020 pick we're talking bout?

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don’t understand the love fest with RJ . Culver is a better player that’s not as athletic but surely a better prospect.

i think Schlenk will find a way to trade 10 & 17 to get Culver then move back into the first and take okcs pick at 21 by trading off some of our 2nd rounders .

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Absolutely! This would be incredibly smart! But I’m not giving my hopes up lol

Just now, JTB said:

I don’t understand the love fest with RJ . Culver is a better player that’s not as athletic but surely a better prospect.

i think Schlenk will find a way to trade 10 & 17 to get Culver then move back into the first and take okcs pick at 21 by trading off some of our 2nd rounders .

Word.  I'm glad to hear we are targeting Culver.  I have full confidence we will get it done at the best possible price.  

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, txsting said:

What?  If your metric comment is accurate, why would you not pick a man over a boy?  If you love metrics so much, then you should take Clarke over both of them.  Literally all Hayes did was dunk and lay the ball up.  His metric is fools gold.  He doesn't rebound, and he doesn't pass.  I've got Clarke over Hayes all day, and I could even see Clarke being better than Bruno.

Clark is older than John Collins.  Age matter you know.