• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We are officially 168 hours (one week) from the draft! 🕡🕛=me

LETS GO HAWKS!!!!!!!! 

@NBASupes get ur guy to push more stuff favoring us out there!!! 😆 wherever we can get a edge let’s do it. 

Anyone? Anything? 

I feel like a rumor mill groupie! 😝 

I was surprised he called me twice and it wasn't the weekend. The others aren't responding to me no more so he is all I got for now.

• Moderators

If we didn't have Huerter, I'd be all over Culver and I'm not totally against him.  But it seems like we'd be undersized for at least two positions 1-3 if we ran a Trae, Culver, Huerter lineup.  1 and 3 would both be significantly undersized while the 2 would be fine.  That doesn't change whether you run Culver or Huerter at 2 - same dynamic.  Am I seeing that wrong?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

If we didn't have Huerter, I'd be all over Culver and I'm not totally against him.  But it seems like we'd be undersized for at least two positions 1-3 if we ran a Trae, Culver, Huerter lineup.  1 and 3 would both be significantly undersized while the 2 would be fine.  That doesn't change whether you run Culver or Huerter at 2 - same dynamic.  Am I seeing that wrong?

Culver doesn't have to start during his rookie season

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Culver doesn't have to start during his rookie season

Are we thinking Huerter or Culver will be a career backup or that he will grow?  I'm concerned about long-term fit.  If we trade up for him, I expect him to be a starter whether that is his rookie year or in the next year or two.  I already expect Trae and Huerter to be starters.

My concern is we are drafting ourselves into a situation where we won't be able to start all 3 long-term without having a significant challenge defensively with our size.  We already have Trae undersized at the 1 and so having two strong wing defenders is optimal.

I don't want a Bazemore type at SF where we now have a second exploitable weak link on our perimeter D.  Seems like we'd be putting Huert or Culver into a situation designed to fail by doing that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Are we thinking Huerter or Culver will be a career backup or that he will grow?  I'm concerned about long-term fit.  If we trade up for him, I expect him to be a starter whether that is his rookie year or in the next year or two.  I already expect Trae and Huerter to be starters.

My concern is we are drafting ourselves into a situation where we won't be able to start all 3 long-term without having a significant challenge defensively with our size.  We already have Trae undersized at the 1 and so having two strong wing defenders is optimal.

I don't want a Bazemore type at SF where we now have a second exploitable weak link on our perimeter D.  Seems like we'd be putting Huert or Culver into a situation designed to fail by doing that.

Houston is a very small team that defends well...If Culver is better than what's available then you draft him.  I'm not trading up for the guy but if it is a choice between Culver and Reddish...Give me Culver.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Houston is a very small team that defends well...If Culver is better than what's available then you draft him.  I'm not trading up for the guy but if it is a choice between Culver and Reddish...Give me Culver.

I live in Houston and go to Rockets games, CP3 has always been a two way player. Harden is big for a SG. Very big. Tucker is literally the only undersized starter. Capela length and athletic ability makes him of quite big. 

We can't get away with playing small with Trae, especially too small. Culver makes a ton of sense for the 2nd unit but at the current cost, I'll pull out

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I live in Houston and go to Rockets games, CP3 has always been a two way player. Harden is big for a SG. Very big. Tucker is literally the only undersized starter. Capela length and athletic ability makes him of quite big. 

We can't get away with playing small with Trae, especially too small. Culver makes a ton of sense for the 2nd unit but at the current cost, I'll pull out

Like i said..Y'all think drafted player=starting player...John Collins didn't even start during his rookie season.  There is time to sort out your talent when everyone is on their rookie contract.

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was surprised he called me twice and it wasn't the weekend. The others aren't responding to me no more so he is all I got for now.

You had onto that guy like grim death 💀 

Treat him right! But him a sandwich 🥪 !

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

What if Atlanta is willing to trade #10 for Wendell Carter Jr.?

I'm in.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Keep him close, real close.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Gotta make this quick, I have meetings coming up shortly. 

He texted me and asked if you got time, I got some shit for ya. Meeting ended early so I was like, go for it.

This shits cray! Blockbuster details!

Hawks are talking to everybody, that's not new but it seems Atlanta and Cleveland are working on a number of deals. 

He said CLE 1st 2020, #17 and a 2nd rounder (Not sure which one or what year) for #5, Delly is one that's been talked about by Cleveland. They want to move back if they miss on Culver and they want to pursue DeMar DeRozan for J.R. Smith and one of the 2nds we are sending them to eat Smith's 3. something million. Said they are talking multiple deals with Atlanta but it's clear they want to use the J.R. Smith asset but the teams are limited as MIN and CHA don't want to trade back and MIA wants to keep the pick unless CLE takes on both Waiters and Johnson. SA is targeting Bogdan from Indy and want to keep Rudy's cap hold. 

He got more insight on CHA. Said that not only are they hot on Culver. They are hot on Drummond who is openly available. He was told that Drummond could be had for a young player and a salary filler but around the league, he has negative value and you gotta eat a contract or just salary fillers at best. He told me Monk+Bismack is the package for him which is more than enough for Andre and Charlotte wants to be a legit playoff team around Kemba. 

Told me NO is shopping #4 and gathering up offers. Atlanta has bidded he said. 

Told me CHI-MIN deal is getting closer. 

Told me OKC badly wants to move down and move a contract but interest has been lukewarm when I asked what happened this deal. 

To add to the previous convo (post for you all) - Confirmed Cleveland wants to move back if Culver is not at #5.  No telling who they will draft at #5 if Culver goes #4. Garland is not on the radar. Bol and Porter Jr. are which has been confirmed again. 

Couldn't get more detail from LA on AD other than the #4 shopped. 

Mention both Cleveland and Charlotte want to make the playoffs next year and don't want to rebuild. 

So let me get this straight...

If Cavs miss put on Culver they are willing to trade #5 to Hawks for #17, there 2020 1st back and a 2nd or two?  So who are the Hawks taking at #5 if Culver is off the board since the rumor is they are looking to move up for Culver as well?

#5, #8, #10 - whats the next move? Do turn around and trade one of these picks to Charlotte for #12 and their unprotected 2020 1st?

Would OKC trade Roberson and #21 to Hawks for #35?

55 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So let me get this straight...

If Cavs miss put on Culver they are willing to trade #5 to Hawks for #17, there 2020 1st back and a 2nd or two?  So who are the Hawks taking at #5 if Culver is off the board since the rumor is they are looking to move up for Culver as well?

#5, #8, #10 - whats the next move? Do turn around and trade one of these picks to Charlotte for #12 and their unprotected 2020 1st?

Would OKC trade Roberson and #21 to Hawks for #35?

Yup same questions I had but apparently the trade up may or may not be Culver is what I got from supes . It’s only speculation that a trade up is for Culver though it’s been made a sure thing the hawks like culver.