• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

32 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't want what I'm saying to be misinterpreted.  I believe Zion's going to be very good!  I just don't see generational talent.  My definition of generational talent are your Lebron's, MJ's, Kareem's, Wilt's players you only see once every 10 - 20 years.  I don't ever see Cam being that.  Giannis has the chance to be that if he gets a jump shot, just because he's so great at finishing.

Cam has more of a Kris Middleton ceiling than generational talent. Which is still a very good basketball player.

Euro 💶 delight draft:

#8- Sekou

#10- Goga

#17- L. Samanic

Aka the anti Travis euro look. Travis does love the USA I’ll say that. It’s weird though his mentor Don Nelson was one of the pioneer international lovers.

My ultimate dream:

our Luka kicks their Luka’s butt.

I agree with Cam having higher ceiling than Little, I think he should end as a better player. At the end this season, both as freshmans, Cam had a better year. I think operating in our system he will have more opportunities to be involved on offense not just as a shooter. Little I see a lot of Marvin in him, a tweener, average at all, not any particular strength, for some reason people think he can be great but..... I don't see it. At least Cam is a good 3pt shooter already.

Rotoworld is reporting Lakers are getting close on AD by a multiteam trade... Anyone know if wenare going to be involved?

If NO gets #4 I think they will take Culver or Hunter, then Cle hopefully take the other one and I hope White and Garland go to Pho and Chi.

UP DAMN DATE! 

Hawks front: Nothing new...

Trade picks front: Nothing new...

But AD Trade: JUICY!

Remember how I told you it's down to the Knicks and Lakers. 

Here's why, ya'll saw the Rich Paul comments with SI. Well well, I got the tea now. 

It seems like the trade value of the packages were this: 

1. Boston

2. Knicks

3. Lakers

Boston had a deal with the Wizards for J. Brown/Smart/13/20 for Beal

Memphis 1st 2020 (top 6) to Atlanta for #10

Beal, three youngin' from Boston (Guerschon Yabusele and Robert Williams and Semi Ojeleye), #22 and #10

When they got the teams together, all agreed to the deal. Boston wasn't going to okay the deal without assurance that AD wasn't going to opt-in for one year or that he was willing to resign with the Celtics and he would consider it. How he would consider it is they wanted him to reach out to Kyrie and let Kyrie know he's all in. When Rich got to AD and told him what was going down, AD got furious. He had no interest in even playing one season in Boston much less any of the assurances. 

So basically the deal got canned, so when my guy told me it was down to the Knicks and Lakers with the Knicks getting him, I was like damn and he mentioned #10 from Atlanta. 

Let's talk about #10 from Atlanta. This is a piece that's been offered to everyone with some solid assets and when I tell you everyone, I mean it! So when NO heard it, they just took it as gospel, they just approved of the other one till they couldn't reach an agreement with the assurances. 

WRONG! The Knicks f**king fibbed. Not that it wasn't true the Hawks didn't listen and wasn't interested. They never agreed to any deal and wasn't going to at this time for #10 with this offer. Since this was the star piece going to the Pels other than Beal, this really f***ed up NY's offer. NY told them, get me a similar offer with Knox and a high draft pick. The Knick who already called any team with a good pick already shopping everyone and got a no, got a no again. 

Basically, the Knicks deal is seen as bullshit to the Pelicans. Knicks even called Dallas to see if they can get 2020 instead of 2021 after the draft which got a no from Dallas. Knicks was even willing to take on cash from teams they called, small amount to get some assets and still got a no. Basically the Knicks are screwed. 

But the Lakers aren't fairing any better. They don't want BI and future late 1sts with Beal. They want a future star or high quality draft pick. Lakers been shopping Kuz and BI and no one with good picks has interest. BI blood thinners issue couldn't have came at a worse time it seems otherwise, this is a done deal. 

Pels are looking at all offers but it's looking likely, it will be a rental as NO just isn't sold on either deal. What's crazy is, I hear Boston still is open to doing the deal but with less in it which doesn't work for NO. NO wants a lot. Simple as that. 

I think I got everything. :Bob:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I agree with Cam having higher ceiling than Little, I think he should end as a better player. At the end this season, both as freshmans, Cam had a better year. I think operating in our system he will have more opportunities to be involved on offense not just as a shooter. Little I see a lot of Marvin in him, a tweener, average at all, not any particular strength, for some reason people think he can be great but..... I don't see it. At least Cam is a good 3pt shooter already.

Comparing Little to Cam isn’t an apples to apples comparison. Put Cam in UNC and we may be talking about him going back for another year.

Little isn’t a tweener. He’s a wing that needs more development. He’s definitely a wing though.

Also, Little is NOTHING like Marvin other than they were both freshman and came off the bench. Personality, skill set, athletic ability it’s all different..

The closest comparison to Marvin to me in this draft is Hachimura. Imagine a coordinated aggressive version of Marvin and that’s what I think Hachimura will be.

Just now, EazyRoc said:

Comparing Little to Cam isn’t an apples to apples comparison. Put Cam in UNC and we may be talking about him going back for another year.

Little isn’t a tweener. He’s a wing that needs more development. He’s definitely a wing though.

Also, Little is NOTHING like Marvin other than they were both freshman and came off the bench. Personality, skill set, athletic ability it’s all different..

The closest comparison to Marvin to me in this draft is Hachimura. Imagine a coordinated aggressive version of Marvin and that’s what I think Hachimura will be.

I actually think Cam has some Marvin in him. Weak core strength, excellent at defending with his standing reach, and both have great two foot gather dunks when given space. That's about it but he does have some similarities. Cam is better at movement his arms and he has superior hand quickness and feel for the offensive player. Both move their feet well. Offensively, two completely different players outside of the two things above I mentioned. 

42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m down for a reality show! You can be an adult at ur kid’s soccer practice and I can shake and jiggle my belly fat! 😊 It’s better than the Kardashian’s that’s for damn sure!

Joel Meyers is a moron I agree. He has a thick voice and a weenier body. Fran was walking on egg shells not to hurt Joel talking about AD getting shipped out. 

Joel went on to say how he would introduce Zion to all these great places to eat in Nawlins! I wanted to fight after that.

Joel was sooo hurt when it was clear AD wanted out.  If he introduces Zion to all them food places, you can guarantee he'll end up looking like that pic of Booger Mcfarland in a year or so.

39 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No ur Sexton is Goga this year. Although I like Goga 50 times more than I did Sexton.

I said 'reverse Sexton'.  Last year I was high on Sexton til the very end.  This year I was low on Code Redd(ish) until the very end.

Goga isn't my Sexton.  I'll never quit Goga.

• Haha 1

Just now, kg01 said:

@NBASupes you all over the place.  What was the Knicks deal after the initial BOS deal died?  I don't see how our 10 would've been involved in the Knicks deal.

Not doubting you, I just don't follow.

Beal, Knox, #10

My bad, Dallas picks 2021 and 2023 to Atlanta for #10

19 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Rotoworld is reporting Lakers are getting close on AD by a multi team trade... 

Hard to believe from what I got. They wanted more from the Lakers unless something else is being cooked up. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Beal, Knox, #10

Ah, gotcha.  That's actually not a bad deal for NOPe assuming we were going for it.  Too bad the Knicks are a clown car, as usual.

I've been telling folks I'm expecting us to absolutely kill in this draft.

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Joel was sooo hurt when it was clear AD wanted out.  If he introduces Zion to all them food places, you can guarantee he'll end up looking like that pic of Booger Mcfarland in a year or so.

I said 'reverse Sexton'.  Last year I was high on Sexton til the very end.  This year I was low on Code Redd(ish) until the very end.

Ya they mentioned the greasy crap food in Vegas which is why I booked a flight  ✈️ 

Reverse Sexton huh. You are out of control. You need help. QUIT GOGA! 😝 

CCCK (cam culver Clarke Kabengele)

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@NBASupes you all over the place.  What was the Knicks deal after the initial BOS deal died?  I don't see how our 10 would've been involved in the Knicks deal.

Not doubting you, I just don't follow.

Supes is all over isn’t the first time....won’t be the last. I kid Supes. I’m gonna get on a call with my source soon too and I’ll let y’all know what I got.

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Beal, Knox, #10

Dealing with Dallas picks.........again. Pass.

I don't think their pick in 2021 will be top 10.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya they mentioned the greasy crap food in Vegas which is why I booked a flight  ✈️ 

Reverse Sexton huh. You are out of control. You need help. QUIT GOGA! 😝 

CCCK (cam culver Clarke Kabengele)

Supes is all over isn’t the first time....won’t be the last. I kid Supes. I’m gonna get on a call with my source soon too and I’ll let y’all know what I got.

Yeah supes be crazy.  But he's our crazy.

I suspect similar has been said about me 'n you. 😎

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Shiiii, dealing with Dallas picks again?  Yes, please.

That pick will absolutely be in the top 10 in '21.

'Zingo will have opted for free agency by then after coming off yet another injury-shortened season.  The triple-Dirks will have rendered every non-Euro a trade asset and Carlisle would have continued to convince everybody the lack of success is still not his fault.  What's not to love about their future picks?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was with ya'll when you all said it. I was like why would Travis do that. Those picks are likely trash compared to 10. But it made sense now why it was said, NY was lying. It was never agreed to. I would imagine the cost to get them AD would kill the roster and their cap flexibility. 

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

'Zingo will have opted for free agency by then after coming off yet another injury-shortened season.  The triple-Dirks will have rendered every non-Euro a trade asset and Carlisle would have continued to convince everybody the lack of success is still not his fault.  What's not to love about their future picks?

I am with the others, that pick will likely be trash in 2021.

48 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kagey-Wan’s newfound Cam-dom is like that gf who picks a team based on jersey color. We over here in the Cam line, Kage walks up all like “thanks for holding my spot, Brahs” and we all like “Who deece?” 🤔

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ya I think I actually said it about Supes 😆 like a few months back.