• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

TRADE!!! (Prince and Cap Space for Crabbe, 2 Firsts)

Spud2nique

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes it does, along with Baze and Plumlee.

That's $50.1 million in expiring contracts at the end of the 2020 season.

That schlenk is a baaaaaddddd man! That’s awesome!

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is a lot of the season left and to come. If he's bought put it would be after draft/Facy so he could find a new team.

Maybe we can rehab his 3pt stroke and move his expiring at the deadline, but so far Schlenk hasn't been successful with deadline expiring contracts.

No Crabbe’s three point shooting is gonna be just fine. We keep him. To me him and Prince are pretty even players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Love the 3 year window for that 1st round pick to convey.

Conveys next year. No way Nets aren’t a top 8 team in the east. I project the pick at 19! 😊 aka our good luck pick!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Not sure I said all is lost but I value Prince more than what we do. We just had a season with 3 rookies on the roster in the first round. I can't believe we're going to do another season with 3 more. I have to think we have a trade lined up. I just pray it isn't this crazy Blake Griffin nonsense.

We are not trading for Blake. I can see us with three new faces ( rookies ). I think at least one will be a big and have a solid impact even if playing behind Len. I expect Dedmon is gone. I think Trae, Collins, and Huerter will improve. Len was pretty good at the end of last season. Crabbe was injured most of last year but he has had seasons that were close to equal to Prince. Not better or with any upside; but good enough to get by with. That rookie wing and big is where the mystery lies.

34 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Not sure I said all is lost but I value Prince more than what we do. We just had a season with 3 rookies on the roster in the first round. I can't believe we're going to do another season with 3 more. I have to think we have a trade lined up. I just pray it isn't this crazy Blake Griffin nonsense.

Soth...this is a freaking A+ trade dude! Crabbe comes off the books next year. We weren’t big name hunting until 2020 anyways so that’s perfect. We give up a guy in Prince whom I loved as a rookie but he lost his edge. He had a friendly contracts for a few years but we get a 17th pick in this draft and a 2020 lotto protected 1st as well for a guy who we were most likely taking out of the starting lineup in favor of a rookie this year. It checks all boxes for present and future.

I guess I’m not understanding what you don’t like. Unless of course you think Prince will continue to grow and flourish at a pretty high level moving forward.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This was a fantastic trade for both teams. Hawks clearly won this deal for what we were trying to do and Nets for what they were trying to do. Win-Win. 

What were the Nets trying to do lol... Must not have watched Prince play, he isn't worth two draft picks that's for damn sure. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This was a fantastic trade for both teams. Hawks clearly won this deal for what we were trying to do and Nets for what they were trying to do. Win-Win. 

That remains to be seen for the Nets. I’m guessing they have intel on Kyrie but given his checkered past I’d be weary. Nets could get shut out of the free agency frenzy.

• Moderators
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

What were the Nets trying to do lol... Must not have watched Prince play, he isn't worth two draft picks that's for damn sure. 

This opens up a ton of cap space for them so that is part of what they were paying for.  Crabbe was $18.5M in cap space next year.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

This opens up a ton of cap space for them so that is part of what they were paying for.  Crabbe was $18.5M in cap space next year.

Aye, good point. Still think they got raped by putting in another first rounder though. Is loosing a pick 14-20 worth 18.5 million in capspace?

29 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Aye, good point. Still think they got raped by putting in another first rounder though. Is loosing a pick 14-20 worth 18.5 million in capspace?

The other 1st rounder was for Prince, not to get rid of Crabbe's contract. 

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The trade won't be official till July 6th. 

Ya but somebody downloaded the new updated roster already. I like ballin with Crabbe he’s got a sweet stroke. 😊 

It’s a competition between Crabbe and Huerter as to who is the best shooter on the Hawks next year. Well, depending on if we draft Cam.

18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Supes, do you think the Nets hiring Jeff Peterson had anything to do with this trade?

Yes. He knows how good Prince really is so that helps and you know it's easier to do this deal when you have a great relationship with the person.