• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

TRADE!!! (Prince and Cap Space for Crabbe, 2 Firsts)

Spud2nique

Nets win because:

They get immediate cap relief, the cap hold for a first round draft pick and the $18.5 million for Crabbe and only adding the salary of Prince.  They get immediate play from Prince and have hopes of signing two great free agents.  They are in the "win now" mode of their team.

Hawks win because:

They have Crabbe, who, if they keep him, should play well with the current Hawk team.  He will expire at the end of this season and will be much in demand, either now or at the trade deadline.  At the end of the season, if he is still a Hawk, he can either sign for a lesser contract or walk.

Then, there are all the draft picks.  First round this season AND a first round pick next season.  Hawks now have three first round picks and three second round picks this summer.  Two pockets full on potential great NBA players.  Hawks now have their work cut out for them.  Who to draft?  Trade up or down?  Swap a first and some seconds?  What to do?  What to do?

:cheer:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Nets win because:

They get immediate cap relief, the cap hold for a first round draft pick and the $18.5 million for Crabbe and only adding the salary of Prince.  They get immediate play from Prince and have hopes of signing two great free agents.  They are in the "win now" mode of their team.

Hawks win because:

They have Crabbe, who, if they keep him, should play well with the current Hawk team.  He will expire at the end of this season and will be much in demand, either now or at the trade deadline.  At the end of the season, if he is still a Hawk, he can either sign for a lesser contract or walk.

Then, there are all the draft picks.  First round this season AND a first round pick next season.  Hawks now have three first round picks and three second round picks this summer.  Two pockets full on potential great NBA players.  Hawks now have their work cut out for them.  Who to draft?  Trade up or down?  Swap a first and some seconds?  What to do?  What to do?

:cheer:

Yes sir! Bird on the bottom is cute too! 😊 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Nets win because:

That's only if they get any relevant free agents to sign there like Durant or Leonard.  Kyrie isn't a relevant free agent for them especially because he is only marginally better than Russel.  And at a max deal, he would be death to their team's chances of competing for a title.  Just ask Boston. So I'm not sure what is the definition of a win.

7 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Get it Grimey! I thought ur a$$ was gonna break the trade news yesterday. You were the news breaker from 2015-17 and a half daily! Love the Crabbe highlights. X Bear great baby!

• Like 1

Just want to say for anyone including ESPN who thinks the Nets overwhelmingly won this trade that there is a feeling of deja vu about this to me. Nets went this route before and were crippled for years as a complete and utter losing franchise. Boston got them last time and feel we have gotten them this time. If its not that tilted for us  then we still got what we wanted, another first rounder this year and then another moving forward. We already know what Travis can do with draft picks no matter where in the first round.

• Like 2

Feel that we come out with a much higher projected SF for our roster makeup out of this draft among other positions though the results probably won't be consistent off the bat. At the least think we end up with a true two way player in Cam and he is a true SF. Who knows what Travis has left for us to witness in the next thirteen days.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

My least favorite player on the Hawks traded for not one but two firsts and a dude with a higher efg and advanced metrics?  Sign me up yesterday with one of them big ass colonial feather pens with the ink jar.

That's the thing.  Other than the salary hit, which we can take, it's a huge win.   I like Prince ok but he wasn't moving the needle in this scheme because he's not really a good ball handler and his D was spotty the last couple years.   I wish him well and think he'll be a good player but this is good acquisition of assets.   

• Like 1

Just now, Thomas said:

Feel that we come out with a higher quality SF for our roster makeup out of this draft though the results probably won't be consistent off the bat. At the least think we end up with a true two way player in Cam and he is a true SF. Who knows what Travis has left for us to witness in the next thirteen days.

I believe there’s another pick coming in the first from okc! And once that’s done the big trade deal will happen draft night in a 3 team deal.

With the 4 picks I believe the 10th pick and 17th pick will get traded to the Knicks for #3. Knicks will trade 10 & 17 (maybe a player in addition) to the pelicans to get Davis . Pelicans will then have picks #1 (Zion), #10, #17.

hawks will have picks #3 (RJ Barrett), #8, #21. (Also I believe the Bruno Fernando hype is real. I believe schlenk loves that kid)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I believe there’s another pick coming in the first from okc! And once that’s done the big trade deal will happen draft night in a 3 team deal.

With the 4 picks I believe the 10th pick and 17th pick will get traded to the Knicks for #3. Knicks will trade 10 & 17 (maybe a player in addition) to the pelicans to get Davis . Pelicans will then have picks #1 (Zion), #10, #17.

hawks will have picks #3 (RJ Barrett), #8, #21. (Also I believe the Bruno Fernando hype is real. I believe schlenk loves that kid)

I’m addition or in this scenario I say hawks go #3 RJ Barrett, #8 Cam Reddish or Sekou #21 Bruno Fernando 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Your making me dizzy guy. With you about Bruno and hope we end up with him somewhere in the mid numbers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This was a fantastic trade for both teams. Hawks clearly won this deal for what we were trying to do and Nets for what they were trying to do. Win-Win. 

I agree. I don't see the down side for either team. While I think TP will continue to improve for another few seasons, I trust Schlenk's judgment here. The extra flexibility for us on draft night makes another move highly likely now. I also don't think Crabbe is crap. He just is NOT worth 18.5 a year:) For us, we aren't looking to sign max contracts this year, so it isn't a big deal...we will let him expire or resign as a cheaper roll player if he can perform. For the Nets, they can now pursue their "win now" dream 2.0

I am highly impressed with Schlenk once again!

Go Hawks!!!!

• Like 2

HOT-domighty! Kernel Schlank done got us 3 picks in the top 17 and shipped out the weak link while he’s at it. Can’t wait to see what he pulls outta the hat next, combing 2 of those picks for some more Magic. This is gonna be one helluva draft night 💫

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The other 1st rounder was for Prince, not to get rid of Crabbe's contract. 

One or the other,  what's the difference? They are both picks in the same range. Point is any first round draft pick south of 20 is worth so much more than freeing up 18.5 million one year in advance. Basically, if they whiff on Durant, which they will, they gave up a pick for nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

One or the other,  what's the difference? They are both picks in the same range. Point is any first round draft pick south of 20 is worth so much more than freeing up 18.5 million one year in advance. Basically, if they whiff on Durant, which they will, they gave up a pick for nothing.

That's the Nets' m.o. at this point, isn't it?

Swang for the fences, 1st round picks be danged.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

That's the Nets' m.o. at this point, isn't it?

Swang for the fences, 1st round picks be danged.

Those 18.5 million are off the books next year and will be worth gold during next years' deadline. Why the heck would you give up a first rounder for the privilege of being rejected by KD, lol.  If their plan is to get Kyrie that's even dumber since he plays the exact same position and style as their best player, who happens to be younger than Kyrie. 

On a side note, Kawhi's Raptors winning the championship would be the absolute worst case scenario for all these teams licking their chops at the 2019 free agency. It would give Kawhi 0 reason to leave Toronto and give Durant and Klay all of the motivation in the world to resign and try to win another championship... leaving Kyrie aka the man that supposed contending team Boston is EAGER to get rid off, as the only viable top-flight free agent. 

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Those 18.5 million are off the books next year and will be worth gold during next years' deadline. Why the heck would you give up a first rounder for the privilege of being rejected by KD, lol.  If their plan is to get Kyrie that's even dumber since he plays the exact same position and style as their best player, who happens to be younger than Kyrie. 

On a side note, Kawhi's Raptors winning the championship would be the absolute worst case scenario for all these teams licking their chops at the 2019 free agency. It would give Kawhi 0 reason to leave Toronto and give Durant and Klay all of the motivation in the world to resign and try to win another championship... leaving Kyrie aka the man that supposed contending team Boston is EAGER to get rid off, as the only viable top-flight free agent. 

Eggsactly.

Folks are saying this trade is a sign the Nets have a commitment from one of their targets (Kyrie).  I call bull on that.  There's no reason for anyone to "commit" to signing anywhere.  I think this is the Nets blindly swangin' for the fences and showing just how much they disregard 1st round picks.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Just want to say for anyone including ESPN who thinks the Nets overwhelmingly won this trade that there is a feeling of deja vu about this to me. Nets went this route before and were crippled for years as a complete and utter losing franchise. Boston got them last time and feel we have gotten them this time. If its not that tilted for us  then we still got what we wanted, another first rounder this year and then another moving forward. We already know what Travis can do with draft picks no matter where in the first round.

I'll somewhat disagree on this.  The Nets before gave up basically 3 unprotected picks and the fact that their vets fell off a cliff and they couldn't get their lottery picks is what crippled them so completely. Here they have hedged their bets much more reasonably:  they are giving up a #17 pick in this draft and are guaranteed that if they strike out in FA and fall apart that they keep their first rounders in the future.  Their biggest outlay possible is #17 this year and #15 next year.  That isn't nearly as bad as what they gave Boston.

This is still a nice trade for us so I'm not crapping on what Schlenk has done.  We pulled off a strategic strike kind of deal that Brooklyn could end up regretting if they don't get their big name (or if he doesn't produce) and we hit on these picks ala JC and Huert.  It just isn't the "nuke them from orbit" deal that the Nets did with Brooklyn.

• Like 2