• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

TRADE!!! (Prince and Cap Space for Crabbe, 2 Firsts)

Spud2nique

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya but somebody downloaded the new updated roster already. I like ballin with Crabbe he’s got a sweet stroke. 😊 

It’s a competition between Crabbe and Huerter as to who is the best shooter on the Hawks next year. Well, depending on if we draft Cam.

Career Averages

Their career shooting percentages are almost identical:  (1st figure = Crabbe vs 2nd figure =Prince)

Overall FG% = 43% vs 43%, 3pt FG% = 39% vs 38%, FT% = 83% vs. 82%.  Prince plays less than a minute per game more than Crabbe, yet scores almost two points per game more.

I know Crabbe was not the objective, but you guys who think he might be the best shooter on the team may be in for a disappointment.
Player GP GS W L Win% MIN FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% TRB AST STL BLK PF TOV PTS
A. Crabbe 344 112 174 170 51% 24.6 3.4 7.9 43% 1.7 4.3 39% 1.1 1.3 83% 2.9 1.2 0.6 0.3 2.1 0.8 9.5
T. Prince 196 139 71 125 36% 25.5 4.0 9.5 43% 1.7 4.5 38% 1.6 2.0 82% 3.8 2.0 0.9 0.4 2.1 1.8 11.4

27 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Career Averages

Their career shooting percentages are almost identical:  (1st figure = Crabbe vs 2nd figure =Prince)

Overall FG% = 43% vs 43%, 3pt FG% = 39% vs 38%, FT% = 83% vs. 82%.  Prince plays less than a minute per game more than Crabbe, yet scores almost two points per game more.

I know Crabbe was not the objective, but you guys who think he might be the best shooter on the team may be in for a disappointment.
Player GP GS W L Win% MIN FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% TRB AST STL BLK PF TOV PTS
A. Crabbe 344 112 174 170 51% 24.6 3.4 7.9 43% 1.7 4.3 39% 1.1 1.3 83% 2.9 1.2 0.6 0.3 2.1 0.8 9.5
T. Prince 196 139 71 125 36% 25.5 4.0 9.5 43% 1.7 4.5 38% 1.6 2.0 82% 3.8 2.0 0.9 0.4 2.1 1.8 11.4

I didn’t check the numbers but from all the games I’ve seen he was always one of the top shooters on the floor. Hopefully I wasn’t watching his 10 best games ever 😆 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Watchman said:

you guys who think he might be the best shooter on the team may be in for a disappointment.

When you have Trae and Huert on the roster, nobody should be thinking he will be the best shooter on the team.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I'll somewhat disagree on this.  The Nets before gave up basically 3 unprotected picks and the fact that their vets fell off a cliff and they couldn't get their lottery picks is what crippled them so completely. Here they have hedged their bets much more reasonably:  they are giving up a #17 pick in this draft and are guaranteed that if they strike out in FA and fall apart that they keep their first rounders in the future.  Their biggest outlay possible is #17 this year and #15 next year.  That isn't nearly as bad as what they gave Boston.

This is still a nice trade for us so I'm not crapping on what Schlenk has done.  We pulled off a strategic strike kind of deal that Brooklyn could end up regretting if they don't get their big name (or if he doesn't produce) and we hit on these picks ala JC and Huert.  It just isn't the "nuke them from orbit" deal that the Nets did with Brooklyn.

Yea, it's not really comparable. It's still a pointless trade for them IMO. Only reason they would do it is if they actually covet Prince as a potential starter level player they can keep for the long term. Jokes on them if that's the case.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, it's not really comparable. It's still a pointless trade for them IMO. Only reason they would do it is if they actually covet Prince as a potential starter level player they can keep for the long term. Jokes on them if that's the case.

I think they want Prince as a potential long-term starter and that they want to take their swing at a max FA.  Neither of those strike me as unreasonable.  Both could work out.  Both could fail.  More likely they will get mixed results from both.  Same is likely for our picks given the hit rate in the 15-22 range of the draft historically.  Seems fair to me.

39 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Career Averages

Man prior to the draft a trio of Young-Huerter-Crabbe can shoot the lights out. Id re-sign him at a significantly lesser deal if he shows he can contribute as a role player 

• Moderators
Just now, GrimeyKidd said:

Man prior to the draft a trio of Young-Huerter-Crabbe can shoot the lights out. Id re-sign him at a significantly lesser deal if he shows he can contribute as a role player 

We've got the luxury of being able to evaluate him as a role player and to resign him or move on depending on how he performs and where his FA price falls.  That is fine with me too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

We've got the luxury of being able to evaluate him as a role player and to resign him or move on depending on how he performs and where his FA price falls.  That is fine with me too.

Exactly, if he fits in and helps us, we can try and resign him. His salary but Bazemore's also gives us two very large short term contracts should a blockbuster at the deadline come our way and we need to move one.

I like this deal a lot. We get the picks and are not locked into any bad long term cap hit.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think the  Same is likely for our picks given the hit rate in the 15-22 range of the draft historically.

You mean that hit rate of 100% for the Hawks since Schlenk has been here?😎

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Prince is a pretty solid player. Brooklyn got the better player out of the deal. But really we wanted draft picks, and they wanted cap space, so that's really the crux of the deal.

I have never been a fan of Prince. He's a good role player, but our starting SF needs to be dominate, not solid.

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Was about to say the same. Schlenk won't continue to bat 1.000% but his success rate is far greater than the NBA average for middle 1st round.  That should be considered.  

32 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

19 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Was about to say the same. Schlenk won't continue to bat 1.000% but his success rate is far greater than the NBA average for middle 1st round.  That should be considered.  

Jurry Wess tried to tell'em about Schlank, glad Ressler listened...

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

No.  I mean the historical hit rate for mid round picks.  A sample size of 2 is not enough.  

Billy Knight's record will attest to that:

#23 Boris Diaw - Hit

#17 - Josh Smith - Hit

I'm thrilled with what Schlenk has done and I'll be rooting for anyone he picks but there is luck involved as well as skill in the draft.  Both for who is available to you with non-lottery picks and how these very young men develop.

Demanding that Schlenk turn every mid-round pick into a John Collins or Kevin Huerter is not fair to him or realistic.  His track record so far, however, gives me some real confidence that he will unearth some additional core talent with the number of opportunities we are accruing.

• Like 1

Baseball axiom applies here:  The more at bats you get, the more likely you are to get a hit.

The more draft picks we have, the more likely that the Hawks grab a star player who is much more than just a starter.  But, if we only land starting caliber players, we are still good.

:cool:

• Like 2