• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

TRADE!!! (Prince and Cap Space for Crabbe, 2 Firsts)

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

Capspace after the trade.

Dedmon has UFA caphold of $9 mil.

Justin Anderson has RFA caphold of $7 mil ( we aren't paying him $7 mil).

$26 million of capspace which includes the salary for 3 1st round picks ($12 mil).

So if Dedmon resigns at  $10-$12. That leaves $14 million to take on another salary dump and fill in the rest of the roster with vet mins. and exceptions.

We also have the expirings of Baze and Crabbe (useful but overpaid players), then there's the useless expiring Plumlee.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Capspace after the trade.

Dedmon has UFA caphold of $9 mil.

Justin Anderson has RFA caphold of $7 mil ( we aren't paying him $7 mil).

$26 million of capspace which includes the salary for 3 1st round picks ($12 mil).

So if Dedmon resigns at  $10-$12. That leaves $14 million to take on another salary dump and fill in the rest of the roster with vet mins. and exceptions.

We also have the expirings of Baze and Crabbe (useful but overpaid players), then there's the useless expiring Plumlee.

Renouncing all 3 free agents (mainly because you don't know what Dedmon would resign for and if Carter will resign here), you have 9 players on guaranteed salaries + Jaylen Adams who is on the roster right now unless we get 2 backup PG's. We also have 3 first round draft picks.  Add that up and its 13 roster spaces taken up without Dedmon (who by the way prior to the trade I said would be resigned with Carter but now I'm not sure). Now waive Humpries and Davis. You are at $40, 538, 598 (see below, all changes made column 2 is 2019-2020) in cap space. Now the difference in salaries between Prince and Crabbe ($15,973,160) + the cap hold at 17 ($2,933,880) is $18,907,040. That leaves 2 free roster spots and $21,631,558.  That's your cap space.  I have no idea where he got his numbers.

See here: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator  - renounce all 3 free agents, waive the 2 non-guarantees except Adams and you get the numbers below. Add in the difference with Crabbe + the cap hold for #17 to get at $21.6 mil in cap space.

Totals Cap:
$ 101,869,000
Tax:
$ 123,733,000
Cap:
$ 108,000,000
Tax:
$ 131,000,000
Cap:
$ 113,400,000
Tax:
$ 137,550,000
Cap:
$ 119,070,000
Tax:
$ 144,428,000
Total Salary: $ 103,572,575 $ 67,461,402 $ 96,315,834 $ 123,869,300
Cap Room: $-1,703,575 $ 40,538,598 $ 17,084,166 $-4,799,300
Luxury Tax Room: $ 20,160,425 $ 74,073,878 $ 122,090,698 $ 128,259,327
Payment: $ 0 $ 0 $ 0 $ 0
Apron Room:

Okay so he counted Deyonta Davis' salary even though he's not guaranteed.  But I see how he accounted for it.

He has the wrong cap hold for the draft picks. * First round picks can sign for as much as 120% and as little as 80% of the rookie scale.  Because of this the cap hold is 120% of the median salary for the slot.  The only way they get that much cap space is if the rookie signs for less than is traditional for lottery picks (who usually get the full 120% except on cap hell teams.

18 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'm going over his sheet now...its wrong...give me some time to figure out the difference.

I don't think he is that far off. We were suppose to have about 34.5 in cap max if we renounce everyone before the trade. Add Crabbe 18.5 mill and the pick 1.8 mill then subtract Prince 2.5. By my math it is more like 16 or 17 million in cap space that is free.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/atlanta-hawks/cap/2019/

• Moderators
On 6/7/2019 at 6:07 PM, Watchman said:

Huerter seems to be about equal to Crabbe, Trae was much less effective.  

How was Trae much less effective last year than Crabbe?  Crabbe had the lowest ts%, fg% and ft%.  Only place he shot better than Trae was behind the arc.

For my money, I’d bet heavily on Trae’s numbers improving next year.  His post-AS break numbers translated to a ts% way better than Crabbe’s last season or career average and did so on much higher volumes.

So I’ll take Trae for sure.  That said, with the attention Trae will draw and his passing ability I think Crabbe should be much improved year over year.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

How was Trae much less effective last year than Crabbe?  Crabbe had the lowest ts%, fg% and ft%.  Only place he shot better than Trae was behind the arc.

For my money, I’d bet heavily on Trae’s numbers improving next year.  His post-AS break numbers translated to a ts% way better than Crabbe’s last season or career average and did so on much higher volumes.

So I’ll take Trae for sure.  That said, with the attention Trae will draw and his passing ability I think Crabbe should be much improved year over year.

Trae shot 32.4% from three.  Crabbe shot 39% from three.  Last time I checked 39% is greater than 32%.

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Well said ....thoroughly thought out with facts displaying true numbers and explanation of actual growth and development with numbers to support the theory  that the said rookie whom be Trae Young grew as the season went along

4 hours ago, Watchman said:

Trae shot 32.4% from three.  Crabbe shot 39% from three.  Last time I checked 39% is greater than 32%.

And this was the response.....smh what a come back 

some of you hate Trae but give weak reasonings as to why. Newsflash rookies have to develop when they enter the nba. CP3 shot 27% from 3 his rookie season worse than Trae. I just want to inform all Trae haters who may be reading this that the sky isn’t falling just because Trae got off to slow start.

• Like 2

I am more and more convinced Crabbe can be a fantastic fit for Atlanta. When he was coming of the bench at Portland behind Lillard and CJ he was averaging 11ppg, 3rpg,1apg, 1spg on west playoff team shooting ,500% from 2pt and ,440% from 3pt, less than 1TO....

On Hawks system I think he can replicate those numbers scoring around 13ppg as our system has more pace. I think he can be the scorer of the bench we need if injuries stay away of him, I like the fit.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JTB said:

Well said ....thoroughly thought out with facts displaying true numbers and explanation of actual growth and development with numbers to support the theory  that the said rookie whom be Trae Young grew as the season went along

And this was the response.....smh what a come back 

some of you hate Trae but give weak reasonings as to why. Newsflash rookies have to develop when they enter the nba. CP3 shot 27% from 3 his rookie season worse than Trae. I just want to inform all Trae haters who may be reading this that the sky isn’t falling just because Trae got off to slow start.

Bizarre reactions to a comment.  I pointed out the similarity between Prince and Crabbe's shooting percentage, and that those who were calling him a great shooter might be in for a disappointment.  AHF said something about not having to worry about Crabbe being the best shooter on a team with Huerter and Trae.  I noted that Huerter and Crabbe had similar shooting percentages also, but Trae did not shoot all that well.  Somehow that got turned into me being a hater of Trae.  As I said, bizarre reactions.

50 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Bizarre reactions to a comment.  I pointed out the similarity between Prince and Crabbe's shooting percentage, and that those who were calling him a great shooter might be in for a disappointment.  AHF said something about not having to worry about Crabbe being the best shooter on a team with Huerter and Trae.  I noted that Huerter and Crabbe had similar shooting percentages also, but Trae did not shoot all that well.  Somehow that got turned into me being a hater of Trae.  As I said, bizarre reactions.

My bad all I saw was this comment and you calling Trae much less effective and went in defense mode of our rookie of the year candidate.....

16 hours ago, Watchman said:

I went back and read through ...I see now 

I'm fairly confident that Huerter will take a huge step forward in shooting consistency this year.

Monthly Results for Huerter

Month   Games    3FG%

Oct         7       44.4%

Nov       15     38.3

Dec       13     40.0

Jan       11      33.3

Feb       10      44.4

Mar      15      34.1

Apr         4      56.3

So looking at Jan, March....he's a 33.7% shooter (a 26 game sample).  The other 49 games  he shot 42.5%.  He shot 31.6% from 3 as a SF but over 42% as a SG.

My best guess here is he's going to play the 2 exclusively, get stronger in the off-season and more consistent. He'll shoot 40% + and be a little harder to push around (barring our moving up to take RJ Barrett).

So improved Huerter, Collins, Trae. Crabbe doesn't have to ball handle or drive. That leads to much better scoring opportunities. Crabbe is going to be a 4th or 5th option and receive very little defensive attention.  If he doesn't go back to old Crabbe at the very least, something is very, very wrong.

56 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'm fairly confident that Huerter will take a huge step forward in shooting consistency this year.

Monthly Results for Huerter

Month   Games    3FG%

Oct         7       44.4%

Nov       15     38.3

Dec       13     40.0

Jan       11      33.3

Feb       10      44.4

Mar      15      34.1

Apr         4      56.3

So looking at Jan, March....he's a 33.7% shooter (a 26 game sample).  The other 49 games  he shot 42.5%.  He shot 31.6% from 3 as a SF but over 42% as a SG.

My best guess here is he's going to play the 2 exclusively, get stronger in the off-season and more consistent. He'll shoot 40% + and be a little harder to push around (barring our moving up to take RJ Barrett).

So improved Huerter, Collins, Trae. Crabbe doesn't have to ball handle or drive. That leads to much better scoring opportunities. Crabbe is going to be a 4th or 5th option and receive very little defensive attention.  If he doesn't go back to old Crabbe at the very least, something is very, very wrong.

Even if we did get RJ I see RJ as 3 here more so than a 2, so I think it’ll work.

"Nets Daily: From @BobbyMarks42 re: @taureanprince on @ryenarussillo podcast: “They like Taurean Prince a lot. They really do. I think he’ll fit probably at the 4 for Kenny Atkinson. He can replace DeMarre Carroll there.” Note days before deal, Nets hired Jeff Peterson, Hawks assistant GM.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.🤣

The comic value of the trade has bumped it from an 8 to a 10 in my book now.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:
"Nets Daily: From @BobbyMarks42 re: @taureanprince on @ryenarussillo podcast: “They like Taurean Prince a lot. They really do. I think he’ll fit probably at the 4 for Kenny Atkinson. He can replace DeMarre Carroll there.” Note days before deal, Nets hired Jeff Peterson, Hawks assistant GM.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.🤣

The comic value of the trade has bumped it from an 8 to a 10 in my book now.

So TP was playing out of position all this time? Is that it?  😂

TP at the 4....I'm imagining......

TP guarding Blake Griffin....TP guarding John Collins...TP guarding Lebron in the post. TP keeping Kevin Love off the boards.  TP guarding Boogie when he plays the 4.  Any big 4 would look when high school players hold junior high summer camps.

• Haha 1