• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish

NBASupes

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, hazer said:

Scottie Pippen was 6’1 when he graduated high school. He grew to an NBA height of 6’8...

Dennis Rodman graduated high school at 5’6. When he turned 19 he grew 14” to 6’8...

Tim Duncan was only 6’3 at age 17. He would then grow to an NBA height of 6’11. 

Lamar Odom was only 6’2 when he graduated high school. He grew until his junior year of college, to 6’9.

Certainly a 19 year old Cam Reddish can grow an inch from mid May to late August. Or naw?

Love all the people acting like I said people don't grow past the age of 12.  

I said it was unlikely he grew 2.5'' in 2 months.  Height in shoes has always been a much less reliable or meaningful number with teams frequently reporting whatever they want for that number versus the much more reliable measured height without shoes.  Can't tell you how many 5 foot something guards have been listed as 6 foot something over the years but it is probably measured in the thousands.

If we are talking about 1'' over the summer for a 19 year old, I'm not out here telling anyone its not possible or that more radical (i.e., unusual, i.e., less likely) growth spurts aren't possible.  Legit if he is growing at a rate of 1.25'' per month he could be a 7 footer soon.  Not many people spurt like that but some do.

FWIW, some of those numbers may be seriously off.  Lamar Odom is described as being 6'9'' in high school by the New York Times for example:

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/03/27/sports/odom-is-player-of-year.html

Rodman I see listed as 5 inches taller in HS than you've listed, etc.  

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Dennis Rodman graduated high school at 5’6. When he turned 19 he grew 14” to 6’8..

As a janitor 🧹 up people’s 🗑 

To the best rebounder in NBA history.

Ill admit I hated the Pistons in the late 80’s.. it was that ☝🏾 fan’s fault at the palace who used to beat the Nique road jersey with a stick! 😆 Ok it was Rodman’s 20+ rebounds every night. I can hate all I want but Rodman went from nothing to something and I’ll never hate on that.

ps He grew like a weed! 😂 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

A person can’t grow? Ohhhkay.

At his age, from when he was measured in May, it's highly unlikely. Usually someone still growing has that skinny not-filled- out look. Cam's chiseled physique and age (almost 20) suggests he is no longer growing. I'd gladly make another bet on it if we could measure him.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

He is 6'6.5". People always add couple inches to their actually height. CLP claims Trae Young is 6'3", which is laughable.

When did players start playing barefoot. He was measured at 6'8. Grew an inch. He is 6'9 right now

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Love all the people acting like I said people don't grow past the age of 12.  

I said it was unlikely he grew 2.5'' in 2 months.  Height in shoes has always been a much less reliable or meaningful number with teams frequently reporting whatever they want for that number versus the much more reliable measured height without shoes.  Can't tell you how many 5 foot something guards have been listed as 6 foot something over the years but it is probably measured in the thousands.

If we are talking about 1'' over the summer for a 19 year old, I'm not out here telling anyone its not possible or that more radical (i.e., unusual, i.e., less likely) growth spurts aren't possible.  Legit if he is growing at a rate of 1.25'' per month he could be a 7 footer soon.  Not many people spurt like that but some do.

FWIW, some of those numbers may be seriously off.  Lamar Odom is described as being 6'9'' in high school by the New York Times for example:

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/03/27/sports/odom-is-player-of-year.html

Rodman I see listed as 5 inches taller in HS than you've listed, etc.  

I would bet $1000 right now Cam is the exact same height as he was in May. Guys that are still growing have that skinny adolescent look, they do not look like an Adonis like Cam Reddish. I'm not hating, this is just the science of human growth.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

When did players start playing barefoot. He was measured at 6'8. Grew an inch. He is 6'9 right now

I do not consider the shoe part of someone's height. Should I start wearing platform heels when my height is measured? He is 6'6.5. that is his height man. He was measured by NBA staff.

16 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I do not consider the shoe part of someone's height. Should I start wearing platform heels when my height is measured? He is 6'6.5. that is his height man. He was measured by NBA staff.

I do. 6'8 then, 6'9 now. They play Basketball in shoes

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He is 6'6.5". People always add couple inches to their actually height. CLP claims Trae Young is 6'3", which is laughable.

He was 6’6.5” barefoot, in mid May. That’s 6’8 in shoes, his playing height on the court. He appears to have grown about an inch, which would put him around 6’9 in shoes. We’ve also been clear we’re talking about “in shoes”, as basketball is played. BTW, Ice TrATL is only 6’2 in shoes, no matter what El-P says 😉

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, hazer said:

He was 6’6.5” barefoot, in mid May. That’s 6’8 in shoes, his playing height on the court. He appears to have grown about an inch, which would put him around 6’9 in shoes. We’ve also been clear we’re talking about “in shoes”, as basketball is played. BTW, Ice TrATL is only 6’2 in shoes, no matter what El-P says 😉

He hasn't grown since then, he's the same height he was in May. 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Let’s all play a game of 5 on 5 y’all, barefoot 🦶... 😐 

Taking the definition of “skins” to a whole ‘nother level 🦶 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

He hasn't grown since then, he's the same height he was in May. 

Do you even look, Bruh? Notice their feet, they’re both the exact same distance from the camera lens. Does anyone dispute Zion is 6’7 in shoes? Cam has grown an inch, 6’9 all day long 📏

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hazer said:

Do you even look, Bruh? Notice their feet, they’re both the exact same distance from the camera lens. Does anyone dispute Zion is 6’7 in shoes? Cam has grown an inch, 6’9 all day long 📏

Dude, pictures are all how someone is standing, what shoes they are wearing, angle of the photo, etc. Another thing, Zions height has been exaggerated, he's not really all that tall. It's highly unlikely that someone as physically mature as Cam Reddish, nearly 20 years old,  grew another inch. Also he was the same height at the Nike Hoops summit a year ago as he was at the NBA combine. He probably stopped growing at age 17 or 18. 

Edited by bleachkit