• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That leaves Bruno for @hazer..

😐... 😐 

FerNANdoooo (pronounced like Buddy the Elf’s “FranSIScoooo”) ain’t invited to the prom yet, finishing summer school. He’ll catch up quick though 💫

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, hazer said:

FerNANdoooo (pronounced like Buddy the Elf’s “FranSIScoooo”) ain’t invited to the prom yet, finishing summer school. He’ll catch up quick though 💫

Fine you got Huerter then. Lol. I just went with the guy that first came to mind. Maybe a Maryland thang. 😉 😝 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Cam is the perfect fit for Trae like Draymond for Steph 

More like Durant for Steph no? Like a dude that can get his and doesn’t really necessarily need Trae like others will (Len, Damian, Collins etc). 

I agree with Hunter as Drayday for sure. That body will only bully wings around the league for years to come. If I’m Hunter I decide I want to be Ron Artest and just get the defense down first. The rest will come. 

How many more days till the preseason. Man, I can’t wait. I wasn’t this eager about any rookies since Childress and Smoove in 2004. Marv and Salim the following year as well but it’s been a while. Wait a sec, maybe Horford and Law too lol.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

More like Durant for Steph no? Like a dude that can get his and doesn’t really necessarily need Trae like others will (Len, Damian, Collins etc). 

I agree with Hunter as Drayday for sure. That body will only bully wings around the league for years to come. If I’m Hunter I decide I want to be Ron Artest and just get the defense down first. The rest will come. 

How many more days till the preseason. Man, I can’t wait. I wasn’t this eager about any rookies since Childress and Smoove in 2004. Marv and Salim the following year as well but it’s been a while. Wait a sec, maybe Horford and Law too lol.

We haven't seen anything yet suggesting Cam can just go "get his" efficiently without help like Durant.  His poor college play was partly a result of the system not helping him and him having to go on his own against college opponents.  I'm expecting Trae, Huerter, JC and Hunter to help open the floor and run action to make Reddish's life easier in the NBA than it was at Duke as opposed to asking him to go it alone.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

We haven't seen anything yet suggesting Cam can just go "get his" efficiently without help like Durant.  His poor college play was partly a result of the system not helping him and him having to go on his own against college opponents.  I'm expecting Trae, Huerter, JC and Hunter to help open the floor and run action to make Reddish's life easier in the NBA than it was at Duke as opposed to asking him to go it alone.

Oh no by no means I’m suggesting that we leave Cam on a stranded island 🌴 and ask him to do it alone. I was just saying that I do see him as a type of player that is capable of getting his own based on his skill set. He can put the ball on the floor well for his size, get to the hoop or pull up. Regardless of what he did at Duke doesn’t take away from what he is still capable of doing on a the floor.

Much like a McGrady could, Cam will be able to get his even early on in his Hawk career even if only in spurts.

• Like 4

Not sure 🤔 if we discussed this or not on any of these threads but if Cam is indeed a superstar like some of us believe, how many games will it take for us to see if he’s a franchise guy? 

Granted some players develop late and I have seen and understand that. Guys like Clyde Drexler come Dale Ellis come to mind who took a few years. But some quicker. If Cam is quicker, how many games? 25? 50? In April? 

He’s the first Hawk rookie that I remember ever having the potential in my mind to just flat out come in and show that he’s the man and can do it all since Nique to be honest. Horford was a big who needed someone to set him up so that gave him an automatic ceiling. Marvin was given the chance but showed right off the bat that he wasn’t a star, Smoove didn’t have the entire repertoire in his game. Augmon was defensive mainly.

Cam has the tools 🧰. Let’s see what we get. 

Btw I haven’t gotten any Hawks rookie jersey since I ordered 2 Marvin’s in 2006. I got Cam’s already. Let’s hope I go 1/2. 😊 

He’s a star ⭐️I see what @NBASupes see’s in him. 🤞🏽 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I hope you guys are right.  I have high hopes for him but think he is going to take some time to get his feet under him and adjust to the NBA game.  He hasn't been healthy for a while and that kind of rust combined with the increased speed and complexity of the NBA presents challenges against him doing more than filling a niche role with limited responsibilities that he can knock out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I wasn't comparing Cam to Dray, just comparing his perfect fit with Steph to Cam's perfect fit with Trae. Hunter will be a monster. His instincts is his best part of his game. It's like Klay but with actual athleticism and length. Hunter will be underrated because he's not a scorer but he will shine on film as usual. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Cam is an elite space scorer who on offense gets it like Jamal Crawford did. Even runs the PnR like J. Crossover. The difference is Cam is 6'8-'6'9ish who also has movement skills and one prong I should add (agility) as well as has a high end three point variance which you really want to see out of the new class of prospects who shoot threes. One thing we cannot understate is Cam is 210ish with the frame to gain 15-20 more good pounds to his frame. Cam is not 6'6 172 like Jamal was out of Michigan. Cam has a great body. 

All of our guys this year have great bods. Unlike the previous two drafts. Sorry, Trae, Kevin, Omari and John. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Cam is clearly 6'9, he grew an inch. Tamar Slay is 6'7.75 with shoes. Cam has grown an inch

https://mobile.twitter.com/slay9/status/1162039613239758848

Pictures are not evidence to prove someone has grown especially since he was just measured a few months ago. They aren’t standing shoulder to shoulder, Cam and Zion are standing in front, which will make them look even taller

52 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Pictures are not evidence to prove someone has grown especially since he was just measured a few months ago. They aren’t standing shoulder to shoulder, Cam and Zion are standing in front, which will make them look even taller

From every picture I've seen in the last two weeks, Cam looks an inch taller than norm. I even went back to all of the old pictures and I can clearly see him at 6'7 without shoes and 6'8 with it which was his measurements. He looks 6'9. Even next to Bruno, he was an inch shorter. During summer league, Bruno had two inches on him, maybe 2.25. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Cam is clearly 6'9, he grew an inch. Tamar Slay is 6'7.75 with shoes. Cam has grown an inch

https://mobile.twitter.com/slay9/status/1162039613239758848

3 hours ago, Cwell said:

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

From every picture I've seen in the last two weeks, Cam looks an inch taller than norm. I even went back to all of the old pictures and I can clearly see him at 6'7 without shoes and 6'8 with it which was his measurements. He looks 6'9. Even next to Bruno, he was an inch shorter. During summer league, Bruno had two inches on him, maybe 2.25. 

As a lifelong photographer (high school and college newspapers, local college rags, photography minor, etc) let me start by saying Cam is in the foreground and Slay is in the background. As such, Cam “appears” to be about 2 inches taller than him. Put them side-by-side, that perspective illusion would be corrected to what would probably be only 1 inch taller. Slay being 6’8 in shoes would put Cam around 6’9. Zion and Cam are standing essentially the same distance from the camera and Cam looks 2 inches taller than him. Zion being 6’7 in shoes would put Cam around 6’9.

If Cam is 6’9 210lbs with a 7’1 wingspan right out of college at 19 years old, damn son. With the versatility to play the 3, some 2, and a little 1, PSSSH!

Here’s my theory: the core muscle and groin surgery to correct his nagging injuries improved his posture and height by an entire inch. Not unheard of. My 19 year old son has 1 vertebrae slightly twisted from a dirt back accident. He goes to a special chiropractor who adjusts it back into alignment once every few months and he gains back about an inch every time just from posture correction.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1