• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish

NBASupes

• Moderators
17 hours ago, JTB said:

I just don’t understand the fit or Turner and Bembry. But then again while in Boston Turner did share the floor with non shooting Marcus Smart so it won’t be the first time turner has another wing out there along with him that can’t shoot 

It didn't work so great for Boston. He played there two years and in 2014-15 Boston was 5.4 points better with Turner on the bench and in 2015-16 they were 2.4 points better with Turner on the bench.  I really don't want to see Turner and Bembry together on the floor.  You are setting up the team to struggle in those situations and making it really hard on their teammates.

• Like 1

Bembry is defense first but does give us a handle especially with a quick and large first step. Not expecting him to ever become the three point guy which is the same with Turner but am hoping Bembry shows finishing better along the path of improvement like last year. Don't think we need both and Bembry's defense is so much better but alas we are here now so welcome Evan and hopefully you can help reign in our large number of turnovers.  

• Premium Member

I just watched the national championship game for the 1st time...I just have a couple of questions?

1)  Why did people still want Culver over Hunter? Hunter totally shut him down in that game

2)  Hunter was amazing on offense and defense in that game.  Why do people think he has no up side ?

3) So sight was also railing Hunter being flat footed with a slow release on his jumper.  Looked pretty quick to me.

What a clutch performer!

And even though he looks much bigger than 6'7", this dude can get to the basket and shoot lights out.

What do y'all think?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I just watched the national championship game for the 1st time...I just have a couple of questions?

1)  Why did people still want Culver over Hunter? Hunter totally shut him down in that game

2)  Hunter was amazing on offense and defense in that game.  Why do people think he has no up side ?

3) So sight was also railing Hunter being flat footed with a slow release on his jumper.  Looked pretty quick to me.

What a clutch performer!

And even though he looks much bigger than 6'7", this dude can get to the basket and shoot lights out.

What do y'all think?

I agree 100%, I know people are gun shy to make comparisons, but he looked exactly like Khawi looked in the Finals. He impacted the game on both ends, was methodical breaking down the defense and like you said, hit clutch shots when it mattered most. 

I think he is boring to some because he wasn’t a HS phenom and isn’t super flashy, but again, Khawi has made himself in to a superstar being quiet and meticulous and just finding ways to win. I hope Dre can develop into a version of that someday. He has way more skill and talent than he is being given credit for. You can’t scout drive, and ultimately it’s up to him how hard he works on his game as the sky truly is the limit.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What a clutch performer!

What do y'all think?

Yes except I do still think he has a slow(er) release than most but the great ones make it work regardless.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes except I do still think he has a slow(er) release than most but the great ones make it work regardless.

Its night and day looking at Hunter play vs Cam so why does Cam get all of the hype?

23 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Its night and day looking at Hunter play vs Cam so why does Cam get all of the hype?

Potential. Cam looks like a natural, smooth, and can do things with ease which points to a likelihood he can be much better than his college stats.  Hunter looks robotic, methodical, and less natural. Even with his better results there is less “potential” from the eyeball test. He got drafted more based on what he did do, Cam was drafted more based on what he didn’t do,  but could do. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Potential. Cam looks like a natural, smooth, and can do things with ease which points to a likelihood he can be much better than his college stats.  Hunter looks robotic, methodical, and less natural. Even with his better results there is less “potential” from the eyeball test. He got drafted more based on what he did do, Cam was drafted more based on what he didn’t do,  but could do. 

Didn't Tim Duncan look robotic?  What about Leonard?  By the way, Cam only looks good in those Highlights. In the real games he's a hot mess

NBA Scout Comparing Cam Reddish to Paul George

Reddish is almost certainly going to go in the back half of the lottery, but listen to what one Eastern Conference scout told CBS Sports about the man who took a backseat to Zion and Barrett at Duke:

"I think he's the most talented player in the draft. I really believe that."

The concern about Reddish is that he "disappears" too easily, that he's passive and can fade out of the action as more a matter of personality than basketball ability. You know who else scouts thought had that same problem in college? 

"That was the same question on Paul George when he was coming out," a different league scout told CBS Sports. "You hear stories of guys sending their boss to go see Paul play [at Fresno State] and he'd score like six points, when he was obviously the most talented player on the floor. Some guys it takes a while for them to really feel comfortable asserting themselves. [Then-Pacers president of basketball operations] Larry Bird took Paul on a leap of faith, because the ability and skill and that length was obviously elite. That's a lot like Reddish. The physical stuff is all there. The mindset will be what determines what kind of pro he'll be."

Suffice it to say, if Reddish turns out to be another Paul George, or even anything close, somebody is going to have gotten a steal. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't Tim Duncan look robotic?  What about Leonard?  By the way, Cam only looks good in those Highlights. In the real games he's a hot mess

I believe in Hunters potential, but a question was posed, hence an objective answer was given. Not saying it’s true, hell most experts opinions on prospects this time of year are just flat wrong in the long run. 

Truth is I’m willing to bank on Hunter developing in to much more than an elite 3 and D guy. I see a clutch, iso playmaker in his potential. Someone that can get tough buckets when the game slows down  in the half court. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I believe in Hunters potential, but a question was posed, hence an objective answer was given. Not saying it’s true, hell most experts opinions on prospects this time of year are just flat wrong in the long run. 

Truth is I’m willing to bank on Hunter developing in to much more than an elite 3 and D guy. I see a clutch, iso playmaker in his potential. Someone that can get tough buckets when the game slows down  in the half court. 

Yeah cause that dude was shooting on the move, pull ups, short jumpers, contested threes... every thing!  And it looked smooth!  Not like RJ Barrett.  I think the other GMs got it wrong once again

2 hours ago, GameTime said:

NBA Scout Comparing Cam Reddish to Paul George

Mcgrady used to always be called "sleepy". It looked like he wasnt trying hard but it came to him so effortless. I see the same demeanor in cam. Not comparing their games, but they do have that in common.

• Like 2

If you can be that way, I think Hunter looks both methodical and smooth. It’s highlights so perhaps it’s bringing in biases, but he looks more in place driving than say, Millsap for example (but not like a guy that’d be great at putting the ball on the ground as well) and has a nice overall offensive game. Can post up smaller players, drive against big men, has made some off-ball cuts to the basket, and has a good jumper.

The thing you don’t see is transition offense but there’s a reason why (Virginia’s offense is very slow paced). There might be more offensive upside than people are thinking due to said offense, but a Kawhi-like outcome from 15/16 to today would be the 5% outcome.

Now I’m not mistaking it. He’s a combo forward right now and probably forever. But I doubt we see the Hawks do Collins at C too much. I’d say his percentages between SF/PF end up leaning towards SF by a decent margin.

I think the things that I see on him are little things, really. Stuff like he’ll need to get used to a offense that actually fastbreaks and being able to figure out how good he can be, because while he made a leap on offense, I saw that some people were still talking about how he was a little hesitant still there.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If you can be that way, I think Hunter looks both methodical and smooth. It’s highlights so perhaps it’s bringing in biases, but he looks more in place driving than say, Millsap for example (but not like a guy that’d be great at putting the ball on the ground as well) and has a nice overall offensive game. Can post up smaller players, drive against big men, has made some off-ball cuts to the basket, and has a good jumper.

The thing you don’t see is transition offense but there’s a reason why (Virginia’s offense is very slow paced). There might be more offensive upside than people are thinking due to said offense, but a Kawhi-like outcome from 15/16 to today would be the 5% outcome.

Now I’m not mistaking it. He’s a combo forward right now and probably forever. But I doubt we see the Hawks do Collins at C too much. I’d say his percentages between SF/PF end up leaning towards SF by a decent margin.

I think the things that I see on him are little things, really. Stuff like he’ll need to get used to a offense that actually fastbreaks and being able to figure out how good he can be, because while he made a leap on offense, I saw that some people were still talking about how he was a little hesitant still there.

They mush not have seen the 2nd half of the national championship game where he just dominated the game and made all of the right plays!

9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Tim Duncan looked physically dominant and was a NBA star from the jump. Hunter is more like Horford in that regard. Worth a top 5 pick nonetheless 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

They mush not have seen the 2nd half of the national championship game where he just dominated the game and made all of the right plays!

Did you see the Florida State, Louisville, Kentucky, North Carolina games for Cam? 

You shouldn't make one game samples to project players. I believe both Cam and Hunter will be great here in different ways, roles, and slightly different timelines.

You are already biased against Cam and said you wouldn't root for him because rooting for him was like rooting for Kent Bazemore.

Keep that same energy @Peoriabird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You are already biased against Cam and said you wouldn't root for him because rooting for him was like rooting for Kent Bazemore.

When did I say this??? And plus I did root for Bazemore!

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Did you see the Florida State, Louisville, Kentucky, North Carolina games for Cam? 

You shouldn't make one game samples to project players. I believe both Cam and Hunter will be great here in different ways, roles, and slightly different timelines.

Not basing the evaluation on one game although that was the biggest game of the season...Hunter was the lead guy and was consistent every game throughout the season... not just in a hand full like Reddish

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

When did I say this??? And plus I did root for Bazemore!

When you were grand standing about you hoping the Hawks don't draft Cam. It is the draft thread. If you want me to pull the receipts. I will.

You basically said you were not rooting for Cam to succeed. I just wanted you to admitt you would root for him if he were a hawk.

Now here we are...