Welcome to Atlanta De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish

NBASupes

4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Original topic:  Welcome to Hunter and Reddish.

Statement and question for all:

#10 pick by the Hawks, Cam Reddish, has been cheered by most as a great pick.  However, many have said that the Hawks gave up too much to move up to #4 for Hunter.  Yet, these same people think he will probably start this season and will be an excellent defensive addition and a great offensive weapon.

Seems to me you just can't have it both ways.  We get a great starting player in the draft and we paid too much for him.

I think the Hawks got the player that they wanted and the things they gave up for him were things they didn't want as much as they wanted Hunter.  That makes it a no brainer in way of thinking. 

What do you think?  Did Hunter cost too much?  Yes or no?  Why?

:smug:

We had to get Cam Reddish. He was critical. Not just a nice to have for me. But once we got him as well as Hunter. It was worth it. 100%

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@NBASupes Hunter has a high BBIQ as shown in these highlights. Does he have a higher BBIQ than Cam? Both seem super high but on a rating system of 1-100, what score on BBIQ would you give Hunter, and what score for Cam?

Compared to current NBA players: 

Offensive IQ

Cam 66

Hunter 71

Defensive IQ

Cam 76

Hunter 82

Potential:

Offensive IQ

Cam 90

Hunter 88

Defensive IQ

Cam 93

Hunter 97

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We could just sign Matt Barnes.  Basically the same guy.

The real question is why is everybody so gaga over the popeyes chicken sandwich all of a sudden.  They've been around for months.

He's going to be better than Matt Barnes. You wouldn't be saying that if we drafted him, you would be saying how smart Schlenk is to take Clarke at #17.

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's going to be better than Matt Barnes. You wouldn't be saying that if we drafted him, you would be saying how smart Schlenk is to take Clarke at #17.

Wrong (as usual).  I'm not that guy.  I'd just say nothing.  You ever notice I don't say anything about Hunter.  Here's a tip, take a look at what I said about him before we drafted him.

Like I said, I ain't that guy.

Clarke will end up better than Barnes but not by much and not because he's some great prospect.  It'll be because that's a low a** bar to step over.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't read the whole thread before responding but I like what the guy said at 2:12 "he is not going to be a star in the NBA, but you put him with 2 stars and he is an unbelievable role player.." - this is why I thought before we got out Andre Iguodala / Draymond Green type. I think he is a little of both.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Think at some point we got one of each with Hunter and Bruno. Timelines will be different no doubt.

Bruno strikes me as a potential Ben Wallace type if he puts in the work Big Ben did

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

The real question is why is everybody so gaga over the popeyes chicken sandwich all of a sudden.  They've been around for months.

Dude, you’re scaring me. We were talking about this in our house this morning. 

Where did you hide the mic 🎙? 😆 

Are they good? Oh man, I heard it’s their response to chic fil a. I personally love them both. One time, I bang banged Popeyes and Chic fil a . Basically eat as much as I could at one place then go to the next and do the same. Bang bang!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Dude, you’re scaring me. We were talking about this in our house this morning. 

Where did you hide the mic 🎙? 😆 

Are they good? Oh man, I heard it’s their response to chic fil a. I personally love them both. One time, I bang banged Popeyes and Chic fil a . Basically eat as much as I could at one place then go to the next and do the same. Bang bang!

They're ok, not great.  I expected better.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Wrong (as usual).  I'm not that guy.  I'd just say nothing.  You ever notice I don't say anything about Hunter.  Here's a tip, take a look at what I said about him before we drafted him.

Like I said, I ain't that guy.

Clarke will end up better than Barnes but not by much and not because he's some great prospect.  It'll be because that's a low a** bar to step over.

So you're a Hunter skeptic? Fair enough.

I find it interesting that the coaching staff had Deandre watching film of Kahwi Leonard and Cam watching film of Kevin Heurter.

Its almost like since Hunter comes from a very structured college halfcourt system we arent as concerned about acclimating him in to ours, we want to focus more on unlocking his Iso game. But with Reddish, we want to put more of an emphasis on establishing him in to our offensive system to see if he can flourish within the flow of our offense.

https://www.nba.com/2019-20-rookie-survey-film-study

• Like 4