• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish

NBASupes

I think those who really didn't see Cam don't realize how actually good he is. He is a pretty consistent scorer and volume shooter. He became a more consistent defender in the 2nd half of the season last year. 

Anyway, here is a new article I saw on Twitter:

https://bballwriters.com/profiles/the-incredible-fit-and-potential-of-cam-reddish-in-atlanta/

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think those who really didn't see Cam don't realize how actually good he is. He is a pretty consistent scorer and volume shooter. He became a more consistent defender in the 2nd half of the season last year. 

Anyway, here is a new article I saw on Twitter:

https://bballwriters.com/profiles/the-incredible-fit-and-potential-of-cam-reddish-in-atlanta/

But he wasn't consistent in college! Or am I missing something?

The hope is that is what he becomes for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Someone might be eating it the early part of the season when Cam is struggling to find his way.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He was consistently ineffective as a scorer in college.  We are truly hoping for completely different results with his shooting in the league and between better floor spacing, better passing and not suffering from the same injuries as last year there is reason to be optimistic.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Didn't fit and inconsistent is different in my eyes. When you are shooting 41% from open C&S but 28% overall, there is a lot more to it for example. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Didn't fit and inconsistent is different in my eyes. When you are shooting 41% from open C&S but 28% overall, there is a lot more to it for example. 

There's a difference in saying his shooting struggles were due to fit and spacing and whatever else vs saying he was a CONSISTENT shooter. He wasn't.

Again, our hope is he becomes what you claim him to be based on his fit with our team and his skill (which unfortunately he didn't show in college for whatever the reasons/excuses etc.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's a difference in saying his shooting struggles were due to fit and spacing and whatever else vs saying he was a CONSISTENT shooter. He wasn't.

Again, our hope is he becomes what you claim him to be based on his fit with our team and his skill (which unfortunately he didn't show in college for whatever the reasons/excuses etc.)

I didn't say he was a consistent shooter although his mechanics gives you a lot of faith. His best skill without question is his high variance of 3 point shots. 2nd for me is his volume which is extremely difficult to do. His projected NBA three percentage gives you a lot to be happy about. I think his shooting value is special considering what's in his bag and he already has a movement prong. 

He showed a lot of good in college as I've stated in the Cam Reddish thread where I wrote a ton on. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't say he was a consistent shooter although his mechanics gives you a lot of faith. His best skill without question is his high variance of 3 point shots. 2nd for me is his volume which is extremely difficult to do. His projected NBA three percentage gives you a lot to be happy about. I think his shooting value is special considering what's in his bag and he already has a movement prong. 

He showed a lot of good in college as I've stated in the Cam Reddish thread where I wrote a ton on. 

Shooting a high volume is easy.  Even I can do that.  Making a high % on a high volume is hard.

It is the difference between:

Steph Curry (15.9 FGA.gm, 6.5 3pta/gm) and Brandon Jennings (15.0 FGA/gm, 5.4 3pta/gm)

or

Monte Ellis (18.2 FGA/gm) and Kevin Martin (14.1 FGA/gm)

Their respective TS%s were .602% / .498%  and .575% / .516%.

(Note:  Used Brandon Jenning's prime years to compare these players over that time since all these guys were considered stars during that window)

• Thanks 2

Despite his shooting being his best asset, I see Cam coming in and using his drives to get to the hoop. He would be wise to follow in Trae’s footsteps 🦶 in that you want to show that you can get to the hole when you want, which in turn opens up space for your outside shot. If you have no ability to get to the hoop then defenders are going to have read the scouting report and know you are a good shooter and be all up in on that.

Just come in and let the game come to you. That’s the natural and best way. You have to trust the basketball 🏀 gods and roll with the process on the court as well as off.

• Like 4

Mines is simple: 

I expect Hunter to have a good rookie year. One where he is a key player at both forward positions where he is adjusting to the 3 offensively. I believe he is a year away to fully adjusting to the 3 on offense. Defensively while he is not perfect, he adjust immediately to both forward positions. I am expecting him to achieve a similar status as a rookie as Mikal Bridges. I am expecting a 1st or 2nd team all rookie teamer. 

Cam Reddish is the player I am expecting the most of in 2019 and 2020. Can play both the 2 and 3. Is in his optimal fit. A tremendous fit with Young and in this system. The best perimeter defender in this class on the wing. High end 3pt variance. Elite in space, he will have an elite rookie season. Will be in the ROY running or will simply win it all.

Bruno has the same rating I had for Kevin at this time. For Kevin, Erie. For Bruno, College Park. I hope his growth is like Kevin as well.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Mines is simple: 

I expect Hunter to have a good rookie year. One where he is a key player at both forward positions where he is adjusting to the 3 offensively. I believe he is a year away to fully adjusting to the 3 on offense. Defensively while he is not perfect, he adjust immediately to both forward positions. I am expecting him to achieve a similar status as a rookie as Mikal Bridges. I am expecting a 1st or 2nd team all rookie teamer. 

Cam Reddish is the player I am expecting the most of in 2019 and 2020. Can play both the 2 and 3. Is in his optimal fit. A tremendous fit with Young and in this system. The best perimeter defender in this class on the wing. High end 3pt variance. Elite in space, he will have an elite rookie season. Will be in the ROY running or will simply win it all.

Bruno has the same rating I had for Kevin at this time. For Kevin, Erie. For Bruno, College Park. I hope his growth is like Kevin as well.

Your friend on the panel:

Toby Adeyemi:  People are sleeping because of what they saw at Duke, but Reddish will be the Hawks’ best rookie this season. It might take him a month or so, but Reddish’s scoring ability will break out. He’ll be competing with Huerter for the tertiary scoring slot.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I got an update on a number of rookies including Zion, Cam and Hunter. 

Zion has been working on his shooting, his body and getting ready for the season. NO isn't putting out weight updates. Was told he played at 270 at Duke last year. 285 was accurate at that point but he lost a lot of weight before the season. 

Cam has been working on his body, shooting and skill training as well as health during his time at the Emory. I was told he played at 220ish at Duke, lost 12 pounds during the spring and has since gained some muscle in Atlanta. They are heavily monitoring him while he hasn't cleared. They did the same with Kev last year. They like it when these guys are in skill training and being watched as it's easier to develop players this way. He said Cam Reddish has showed a lot more to the staff than he did with Duke. There is a lot of talk around Reddish within the org. 

Hunter has been looking good. He played at 235 at uVa at his peak and lost 10 pounds during the fall. He said he is closer to 230 right now and is RIPPED! He is currently working with the squad learning the plays, sets and in training as well. Hawks have high hopes for both players. Hawks are extremely high on Hunter's ceiling. 

He didn't say nothing about Bruno. No saying it's a good or bad thing but around this time last year, he did mention to me that the Hawks, Jazz and Wolves are sky high on Okogie, Hureter and Allen. Sadly Allen got traded to MEM. He is a center, it takes time for most guys. 

Guys he has heard glowing reviews on: Garland, Herro, R.J. Zion, Hawks guys, Culver, Ty Jerome, Grant Williams, Claxton and Carsen Edwards. Just because guys weren't mention doesn't mean they haven't had great reviews. 

Note: for Hunter, it's spring, not the fall. 

I have reached out to others but I didn't get much on the Hawks. The little I got was confirmation the Hawks are strongly feeling that they won the draft and that both 1st rounders were hits. My west coast guy said around the Bay Area, the feeling is Travis got the extension and promotion after seeing how good both Hunter and Reddish is and their potential this summer. He also said the Kings really love the move of Dedmon and thinks its a game changer for them.

Another east coast guy I have said that the players teams are feeling can be a star that wasn't a top 5 pick is Rui. He said a number of teams he talked to of late said he really surprised them. He is getting a lot of talk. This is my same guy who said last year that some of those in the Knicks org in the summer felt Mitchell Robinson was better than Kevin Knox even if he floor is lower which was a shock as in SL, Robinson was a lock for Westchester. 

He also confirmed that he has heard a lot of positives about Edwards, Williams and Claxton. Said Boston is extremely happy with this 1st round. This class was so deep in terms of quality role players, everyone felt they did well if they had a pick. 

I got nothing good from the others about rookies. I did hear that Dallas has high expectations. Coaches are extremely excited. Everyone feels they have a chance this year.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3