• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hunter or Cam or Bruno

Spud2nique

7 hours ago, hawkman said:

Cam all the way. There's no way he doesn't succeed in the NBA. I still can't believe he made it to 10. He literally has everything you want in a prospect. 

My only concerns have been mindset and tenacity. I don't say that because I believe he lacks in these areas, but there were signs in his only college season that raised enough concerns that he slid. I am truly hoping all his physical skills will be mated to a strong work ethic and tenacious mindset...if that happens Cam will be the STEAL of this draft!!!

Cam's core injury must have been extremely serious. He had it at the end of May and he will be out for another 4-6 weeks. That's nearly a three month surgery. 

Oh shit, he did look like Tracy McGrady in HS

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Cam's core injury must have been extremely serious. He had it at the end of May and he will be out for another 4-6 weeks. That's nearly a three month surgery. 

Oh shit, he did look like Tracy McGrady in HS

Yes sir! Smooth dribble straight to a crafty move into the lane like Tmac. This kid is so freakin smooth. Love it. I’m glad we got Cam over Culver now. 😉 

I think it should be Cam but he has to recover that movement, he lost too much the ball on that spins and really went soft to the rim leading to a lot of misses and TO. Hopefully everything is due to injuries and not mindset. If he bulks up a little, goes to the rim strong and recover that fluidity avoiding TO, waatch out, the shooting, defense and passing is there

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Right now, Cam looks like a 2 guard

Ya he does. Natural position seems to be a 2, but with added strength he slides smoothly to a 2/3 3/2. But right this second, shooting guard.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya he does. Natural position seems to be a 2, but with added strength he slides smoothly to a 2/3 3/2. But right this second, shooting guard.

He would get beat up by lebron or Kawhi

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Hunter stands a better chance against those 2

Ya Hunter is super strong already. From the eye test, Hunter looks to have the 2nd most NBA ready body of the lottery picks after Zion. Okeke, Clarke and Little have ready made frames as well to round out the first round of the draft imo. 

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

He would get beat up by lebron or Kawhi

I will say one thing about Cam though. He has a natural basketball 🏀 body. Ray Allen had it, Rashard Lewis had it and Tracy McGrady as well. With these frames it’s all about strength and not bulking them up. He needs to keep the body composition he has right now. Just get stronger.

Damn the kid is pretty to watch. Of all the natural basketball players ⛹️ he’s up there with anyone coming out of any draft.

To me,

Zion and Cam are natural players but RJ was bred from the beginning but not necessarily a natural born player. 

Now he’s gotta just rep it to death. Take his talent and groom him and add to it every year.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I will say one thing about Cam though. He has a natural basketball 🏀 body. Ray Allen had it, Rashard Lewis had it and Tracy McGrady as well. With these frames it’s all about strength and not bulking them up. He needs to keep the body composition he has right now. Just get stronger.

Damn the kid is pretty to watch. Of all the natural basketball players ⛹️ he’s up there with anyone coming out of any draft.

To me,

Zion and Cam are natural players but RJ was bred from the beginning but not necessarily a natural born player. 

Now he’s gotta just rep it to death. Take his talent and groom him and add to it every year.

Every time I watch RJ, he looks so awkward to me. But you're right about Reddish.  Zion looks a little heavy to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Every time I watch RJ, he looks so awkward to me. But you're right about Reddish.  Zion looks a little heavy to me.

Ya RJ has learned a ton through reps, which is always good but weird funky at times unnecessary motions without fluidity, which is ok for bigs but not great for ball handlers.

Zion needs to watch his diet. No New Orleans butter. Drop 15-20 pounds probably.

30 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Would the core injury explain why he seemed to always lose footing in College?

Yes, that affects a lot.  It explains why he slipped so much (weak core), didn't finish well. The broken ribs explain why he shied away from contact, his shooting percentage were semi horrendous  and his finishing was so horrible.  If you watch his high school tape and compare to his duke highlights  you can clearly see his athleticism was sapped and he finished much better in high school too. 

That's not to say it explains everything, but I'm hoping that's the case.  He's a hard worker by all accounts, even Duke's coaching staff said how he's always  in the gym. If that continues with the Hawks coaching staff, Cam will beast.  I hate to say it, but his ceiling is probably higher than Trae's due to his potential ability to affect both sides of the floor. 

Also everyone, Cam's press conference is at 11 am tomorrow on Foxsport Southeast.   He'll then probably do the rounds on all the local radio stations.

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes sir! Smooth dribble straight to a crafty move into the lane like Tmac. This kid is so freakin smooth. Love it. I’m glad we got Cam over Culver now. 😉 

I know people keep saying he will be a great catch and shoot option , 3 and D alongside Trae, but I think his potential is so much more.

I think the best way to unlock his talent is to let him be the 6th man and have the offense go thru him whenever Trae is off the floor. I think if you ask him to run off screens and wait for the pass you will see much of the same from Duke.

His advance stats show that he was most efficient scoring out of pick and roll and shooting off the dribble. That won’t happen much with Trae so we need to give Cam the keys to the second unit and let him go to work.

55 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I know people keep saying he will be a great catch and shoot option , 3 and D alongside Trae, but I think his potential is so much more.

I think the best way to unlock his talent is to let him be the 6th man and have the offense go thru him whenever Trae is off the floor. I think if you ask him to run off screens and wait for the pass you will see much of the same from Duke.

His advance stats show that he was most efficient scoring out of pick and roll and shooting off the dribble. That won’t happen much with Trae so we need to give Cam the keys to the second unit and let him go to work.

Interesting but could also be overthinking it. But ur idea 💡 might work down the line. For the first couple of years we should plug 🔌 him in with Trae and the starters to build his confidence and get his feet wet imo.