• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

3 million?  really?

Ok 8? 😆 I dunno new contracts. 3 million doesn’t seem like a lot but I’m not capologist. 😊 I’m old school. On the court, Ded balls out.

Just now, sturt said:

Not about the money.

It's about the years.

And that.

Bridge gap max 2 years for Ded. Maybe he wanted security of that 3rd year.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not about the money.

It's about the years.

2 years and an option year is a lot of years?  There is this concept of trade if you don't like the player next year.  And heck, It might even help fans with their never ending quest for additional draft capital.  The other thing that I find funny is that you just made a trade proposal for a guy with just as many years left on his contract in Adams who makes more money and is less useful to this team!!:confused:

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The other thing that I find funny is that you just made a trade proposal for a guy with just as many years left on his contract in Adams who makes more money and is less useful to this team!

Ummm.

How many more years does Adams have on his contract?

Maybe that would help muffle some of that laughter thing.

(Hint: It's less than 3.)

• Premium Member

I'm just telling you how you might alter your way of thinking to more align with Schlenk's. Whether you or I think it's wise or not, you at least ought to be able to comprehend how Schlenk is thinking about it. It's not a big mystery. Go re-read some of his quotes. He's told you/us these things.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

2019-06-30_1703.png

Answer this simple question...Can Dedmon be traded before 2021 for an expiring contract?

1 minute ago, sturt said:

I'm just telling you how you might alter your way of thinking to more align with Schlenk's. Whether you or I think it's wise or not, you at least ought to be able to comprehend how Schlenk is thinking about it. It's not a big mystery. Go re-read some of his quotes. He's told you/us these things.

let me ask you again...Can we trade Dedmon to make room in 2021?

• Premium Member

Answer: Crystal ball broken. Tarot cards torn. Palm reader has been proven a hack.

You don't know what you don't know, and neither do I.

And it's not nearly so automatic as the words you've chosen seem to make it out to be that you can snap your fingers and make a trade like that.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Answer: Crystal ball broken. Tarot cards torn. Palm reader has been proven a hack.

You don't know what you don't know, and neither do I.

And it's not nearly so automatic as the words you've chosen seem to make it out to be that you can snap your fingers and make a trade like that.

Yes or No?

40 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trash Spellman? A guy who has only played 1 year in the nba smh

this is the nonsense I don’t understand, fans want players to be great right away and it doesn’t work that way.

His game is as soft as his belly. You can't trust players that struggle to stay in shape.

Hopefully Bruno is ready play big minutes by midseason.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yes or No?

Cop out.

You're not Nostradamus. Challenging me as if I am? Nonsense. Irrational.

Schlenk obviously prefers the conservative approach... no skipping steps... no taking small chances in free agency that end up costing you big moves.

You and other GMs might not be so conservative. But he is. Get used to it. (I'd think you'd already be.)

• Premium Member
Just now, sturt said:

Cop out.

You're not Nostradamus. Challenging me as if I am? Nonsense. Irrational.

Schlenk obviously prefers the conservative approach... no skipping steps... no taking small chances in free agency that end up costing you big moves.

You and other GMs might not be so conservative. But he is. Get used to it. (I'd think you'd already be.)

What are Schlenk's spokes person?  I'm asking you.  You just don't want to answer because it would kill you argument because we all know how easy it is to get rid a play of Dedmon's skill level.  Even if you have to attach an asset to it which I doubt is necessary for someone to take on a partially guaranteed contract that is expiring