• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I guess this is why Milwaukee gave up Brogdon.  You know Bud loves the vets.

I think it is more the Luxury Tax issue for the Bucks ownership.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The admission is that we're not trying to win anything of consequence this year. 

Weren't you in another thread talking about how it's basically impossible to win with so much youth? Now you're upset that Schlenk isn't trying to contend this season? 

• Like 2

Can we take a second to laugh at the Nets. I think 🤔 the Knicks actually dodged a bullet. The Nets aren’t thinking. No Durant year 1. Kyrie and an aging Jordan. I dunno. This feels like Brooklyn 2013 trade that brought in KG and Pierce.

Mark my words, they brought in two mentally weak a$$ “superstars”. It ain’t gonna work.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We are 2 hours into FAcy  - we have no idea what our opening night roster will be. 

At least wait for FAcy to play out. I've already pointed out we signed Dedmon (2 weeks), Len (3 weeks) after free agency started, the Lin trade was July 11th, 2018.

We actually knew about Dedmon and Len early in the free agent process.  Some of us were even talking about targeting both. There are no such prospect like that this year.

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Can we take a second to laugh at the Nets. I think 🤔 the Knicks actually dodged a bullet. The Nets aren’t thinking. No Durant year 1. Kyrie and an aging Jordan. I dunno. This feels like Brooklyn 2013 trade that brought in KG and Pierce.

Mark my words, they brought in two mentally weak a$$ “superstars”. It ain’t gonna work.

Kyrie is a head case and very overrated imo. But you are lying to yourself if you actually think KD is weak. When healthy he may be the best player in the world. If not he's top 3 for sure. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We'll be on Nets pick watch this year, so I won't laugh too hard. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I'm too busy loln'g at the Knicks.

Their fans promised the #1 pick, AD, Kyrie, Durant.  So far, they got Randle.  Ha

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We actually knew about Dedmon and Len early in the free agent process.  Some of us were even talking about targeting both. There are no such prospect like that this year.

That's not true: I only looked up Dedmon 

THOMAS DUFFY

JULY 11, 2017

Ten days after the start of free agency, a deep pool of talent remains available.

Many are lesser-known players seeking to fill niche roles. Take Dewayne Dedmon, for example.

In 2016-17, the San Antonio Spurs chose the 27-year-old 7-footer over Boban Marjanovic, who sought a bigger payday (and got it with the Detroit Pistons). Dedmon made a hair under $3 million and opted out of his player option for 2017-18.

Things have been pretty quiet surrounding the big man, but that was somewhat predictable. In 76 games, Dedmon contributed a career-high 5.1 points, 6.5 boards in 17.5 minutes. Again, that was his best. His per-36 numbers—10.5 points and 13.4 rebounds—jumped off the page, though, so it's not like he'll be waiting much longer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2720926-nba-rumors-latest-buzz-on-possible-carmelo-anthony-trade-dewayne-dedmon.amp.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sounds like a little jealousy and butthurt to me.  In year 2 with Durant they will be a top contender in the east.  

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Sounds like a little jealousy and butthurt to me.  In year 2 with Durant they will be a top contender in the east.  

Perhaps.  But it's not a foregone conclusion that turmoil won't emerge there this season with Kyme at the helm.

I'm expecting Atkinson to be in trouble just like Stevens was.  Let's be honest, he's a good tactical coach but, just like Saint Brad, he's never dealt with any player with enough clout to challenge him.

Not saying he won't be able to handle it, but it's also not safe to assume he will.  If he fails, he'll be fired and we don't know what the state of things will be by the time Durant returns.

On top of that, we can't assume he won't take half the year just getting up to speed mentally ... then physically... then production-wise.

Long story long, to suggest we should pause on pencilling the Nets into the '20-21 Finals is not simply based on butt-hurtness. 

• Like 3