• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I just don’t know how u can pay a player without seeing how he heals. Durant has some mileage.

I dont disagree with that but he 6-9 and can really score the ball.  He and Irvine are very good players along with a decent center in Jordan.  

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Knicks got Taj Gibson.. 😆 and Julius Randle.. 😐 

Funny thing is they win today.

Knicks>Nets

Neither win anything. Good job 👏 NY!

The rags will destroy the Knicks in the morning.  

Just now, Vol4ever said:

I dont disagree with that but he 6-9 and can really score the ball.  He and Irvine are very good players along with a decent center in Jordan.  

See what happens but in year 2 aka 2020-2021, DeAndre will have more mileage on him as well. This thing is mathematically designed to fail.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We have Brooklyn's  2020 pick (lottery protected from  2020-22) from the Prince trade.

So we are rooting for them to finish with the 15th pick next year?

That’s actually exactly where they fall I think. 

Nets will pick between 15-20 I think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think Orlando so far has improved the most in the Southeast. Nothing spectacular but Aminu will help them defensively. They still need a PG though. My opinion on the Heat is we could be better than them and we have not signed one player yet. Charlotte has taken a step backwards.

The Southeast Division is going to be wide open.

Just now, kg01 said:

Totally fair.  Not sure why folks are so sure he'll be unaffected.

My biggest point is that perhaps things don’t properly align.

Maybe Durant is fine in the long run, but maybe even in 2 years he starts slowly, and by the time he is 100% DJ has already severely declined.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JTB said:

Trash Spellman? A guy who has only played 1 year in the nba smh

this is the nonsense I don’t understand, fans want players to be great right away and it doesn’t work that way.

But some players have to show some type of sign that they're going to be at least legit NBA bench level players.  As of right now, Spelman ( until he proves otherwise ), is no better than Adreian Payne.  Remember him?

Ferry had enough sense to get rid of that dude and get a 1st round pick ( which turned into Kevin Huerter ).

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

My biggest point is that perhaps things don’t properly align.

Maybe Durant is fine in the long run, but maybe even in 2 years he starts slowly, and by the time he is 100% DJ has already severely declined.

Eggsactly.

It was the same in the Finals.  Everybody assumed he'd come back, they'd plug him in and he'd be 100%.  Didn't happen.  But folks want us to assume, after a year+ absence, he'll be good to go right out the chute?

Nah, I ain't buying it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But some players have to show some type of sign that they're going to be at least legit NBA bench level players.  As of right now, Spelman ( until he proves otherwise ), is no better than Adreian Payne.  Remember him?

Ferry had enough sense to get rid of that dude and get a 1st round pick ( which turned into Kevin Huerter ).

Ok but let’s give him another season

Would be nice to get Derrick favors but hey I’m not holding my breath 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That was actually Bud. 

Payne played 3 NBA games for Hawks before being traded. Spellman 46 games. Missed games mostly due to being fat and injured.

Don't see the Payne comparison.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope we can land favors. I saw on Peachtree that sending bembry to the Jazz would make the trade work. 

Makes sense I don’t see why we’d need both turner and bembry on the bench