• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Perhaps.  But it's not a foregone conclusion that turmoil won't emerge there this season with Kyme at the helm.

I'm expecting Atkinson to be in trouble just like Stevens was.  Let's be honest, he's a good tactical coach but, just like Saint Brad, he's never dealt with any player with enough clout to challenge him.

Not saying he won't be able to handle it, but it's also not safe to assume he will.  If he fails, he'll be fired and we don't know what the state of things will be by the time Durant returns.

On top of that, we can't assume he won't take half the year just getting up to speed mentally ... then physically... then production-wise.

Long story long, to suggest we should pause on pencilling the Nets into the '20-21 Finals is not simply based on butt-hurtness. 

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Perhaps.  But it's not a foregone conclusion that turmoil won't emerge there this season with Kyme at the helm.

I'm expecting Atkinson to be in trouble just like Stevens was.  Let's be honest, he's a good tactical coach but, just like Saint Brad, he's never dealt with any player with enough clout to challenge him.

Not saying he won't be able to handle it, but it's also not safe to assume he will.  If he fails, he'll be fired and we don't know what the state of things will be by the time Durant returns.

On top of that, we can't assume he won't take half the year just getting up to speed mentally ... then physically... then production-wise.

Long story long, to suggest we should pause on pencilling the Nets into the '20-21 Finals is not simply based on butt-hurtness. 

I never said pencil them in for the NBA finals, I did say contend in the east.  We are rebuilding but would die to get Durant.  So I'm just pointing out we are not major players in free agency.  

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

I never said pencil them in for the NBA finals, I did say contend in the east.  We are rebuilding but would die to get Durant.  So I'm just pointing out we are not major players in free agency.  

90% of the league can say the same.

Five-time All-Star F/C Al Horford has agreed to a four-year, $109M deal with the Philadelphia 76ers, agent Jason Glushon tells ESPN.

The deal will include Josh Richardson to the 76ers, league sources tell ESPN.
Quote Tweet

hT0wI2fs_normal.jpg
Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn
· 6m
Miami is finalizing a sign-and-trade with Philadelphia to acquire Jimmy Butler, league sources tell ESPN.

Philly roster on paper is nice.  Outside of Josh Richardson nobody can shoot the ball from the outside.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And the nonsensical report that the Knicks chose not to offer KD is like me saying, "Ah I didn't ask Beyonce for the digits a-cause I didn't like how her wig fit that day."

Yeah, ok.

Come on man, we all knew the Knicks are working on clearing space for 2023. That’s the big year! 

• Haha 1

Leonard is the only big fish left. Lakers, Clippers, another team besides the Knicks is going to lose out big, Lakers with AD and LeBron can afford it but Clippers are going to be sad if they don;t get Leonard.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Leonard is the only big fish left. Lakers, Clippers, another team besides the Knicks is going to lose out big, Lakers with AD and LeBron can afford it but Clippers are going to be sad if they don;t get Leonard.

I'd love to see Leonard stay in Toronto.

Out West Utah is building something too.  It's going to be a fun year next year. No idea who can win it.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I'm confused...Why would Philly over pay for a center and they have the best center in the league already?

When Joel Embiid leaves the floor, they were Putrid, at least now, if Joel Embiid isn't 100% they have someone that can play decent at center.

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I'm confused...Why would Philly over pay for a center and they have the best center in the league already?

Horford is a pretty good power forward. I think its his preferred position.

• Like 2