• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why are we saving up capspace for 2020?

GameTime

22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Ayton and JJ are out...How much would you pay Turner?  Who is wcj?  Turner's Numbers are kind of Meh except his block rate.

I know, was just “wishing” 😬

Turner just signed a 4yr/$80mill extension last October, so $20mill/yr.

The Bulls Wendell Carter Jr.

Turner is 23 years old, 6’11 250lbs, with a 7’4 wingspan. Is in the conversation for DPOY, rim protector. Shoots 39% from 3, 77% from the stripe, and has a VERY good midrange game from 15-20ft out. He’d be perfect beside Trae/Cam/Dre/Collins

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

I have never been so excited about a Hawks team, we have an incredible young core with a lot of upside, awesome combination of talent, size and athleticism on Young, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Collins... Adding some valuable pieces on Bembry, Spellman, Fernando and Len.

Is clear that the main hole unless Fernando explodes is Center. I doubt we have an outstanding option at C on FA on 2020 and 2021. Turner is not FA until 2024.

Probably the best option next season will be to continue building through the draft and take Wiseman to complete thw young core. Sounds like better plan that paying a lot for a FA that makes you better now but not enough to win a title or even Conference finals. Stay away of max contracts for guys like Vucevic.

• Like 2

At some point they need to stop the “next year” talk.  It’s not wise to overspend for free agents, but at some point you need to take a chance.  Reach down between your legs and are there testicles there or not?  Not saying this needs to happen this weekend or even this summer, but at some point you need to stop trying to outsmart the league and go after someone.  There have been good things done, but if the Hawks are pulling this wait and see approach this time in 2020 then it’s time for another reboot.  Don’t sit on your hands too long.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Alex said:

At some point they need to stop the “next year” talk.  It’s not wise to overspend for free agents, but at some point you need to take a chance.  Reach down between your legs and are there testicles there or not?  Not saying this needs to happen this weekend or even this summer, but at some point you need to stop trying to outsmart the league and go after someone.  There have been good things done, but if the Hawks are pulling this wait and see approach this time in 2020 then it’s time for another reboot.  Don’t sit on your hands too long.

I think Schlenk's treatment of his prized draft picks shows he won't hesitate to pull the trigger on a big FA when he thinks the reward justifies it.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think Schlenk's treatment of his prized draft picks shows he won't hesitate to pull the trigger on a big FA when he thinks the reward justifies it.

How much money 💰 do we have to spend?  14 mill?

56 minutes ago, Alex said:

I agree with you but it is a delicate dance.  Once you blow that wad on a free agent, you've gotta be sure it's right.  Or else you're now the Wizards or Hornets and are royally stuck(ed) with a capital 'f'.

Get it. 😏

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I agree with you but it is a delicate dance.  Once you blow that wad on a free agent, you've gotta be sure it's right.  Or else you're now the Wizards or Hornets and are royally stuck(ed) with a capital 'f'.

Get it. 😏

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e8fac8ba-8274-4974-990e-101239b3c68f

Hawks have a very expensive player.  The often injured Miles Plumlee.

I'm a homer.  I admit this.  I think our Hawks are the best.  However, looking at last years record, MP was paid $12.5 million - played 172.8 minutes and that means he got $723,370.00 per minute.  Good work if you can get it!

I don't know if the Hawks or insurance or both paid him.  Someone thought he was worth $12.5 million at one time.  He's one of our expiring.  How is his health today?  Will he be able to play at all?  Can we please sell him or give him away or get him on the floor and let him play? 

Does any one know anything that they can share?  If he's healthy and good, I hope he plays.  But, if he's still unable to play, buy him out and let him retire.

• Premium Member
On 6/28/2019 at 9:34 AM, Alex said:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/hawks_gm_making_mistakes_with_free_agents_can_kill_a_franchise/s1_14822_28648994

2019-06-29_1311.png

Unless someone erupts in 2020 that we don't yet know about, 2021 is the the first real chance to obtain a max FA who is also worth the max.

The danger in reaching down between your legs is that you'll reach too far and pull something out of your arse... not good.

Better to just use the brain, and at that, just the left side.

Oh good God I just thought of something. @kg01 I’m gonna get depressed. Please tell me Schlenk realizes that’s Draymond Green has too much mileage and isn’t thinking about adding him to the Hawks just because he had a say in drafting him in 2012? Dear lord. I have to take a shower 🚿 I’m sorry I gotta 🤮 My Warrior friends 👬 will never let it go. Oh no 🙈 

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks have a very expensive player.  The often injured Miles Plumlee.

I'm a homer.  I admit this.  I think our Hawks are the best.  However, looking at last years record, MP was paid $12.5 million - played 172.8 minutes and that means he got $723,370.00 per minute.  Good work if you can get it!

I don't know if the Hawks or insurance or both paid him.  Someone thought he was worth $12.5 million at one time.  He's one of our expiring.  How is his health today?  Will he be able to play at all?  Can we please sell him or give him away or get him on the floor and let him play? 

Does any one know anything that they can share?  If he's healthy and good, I hope he plays.  But, if he's still unable to play, buy him out and let him retire.

I think Plumlee missed enough games where insurance covered the cost. Unfortunately it doesn't make anu difference to the cap number.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think Plumlee missed enough games where insurance covered the cost. Unfortunately it doesn't make anu difference to the cap number.

To bad about Plumlee because he really is/was a good athlete around the basket but even though he is stupid expensive and he has pretty much always been missing in action for us, Dwight went bye bye so thank you Travis. Think about our locker room now. Yes.