• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign F Jabari Parker

Spud2nique

• Moderators

I do like the subtle hints, from the jump, to our lotto-prize rookies, especially the one who hailed most recently from Durham. Listen actively to your coaches, don't settle on your strengths, learn from your errors, mature with the team. If you don't do those things, and play like small-d dookie on the court, what might happen? Poke the 24-year-old Duke alum sitting next to you for advice.

~lw3

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This changes nothing for me. 44 wins as likely. Optimal is 50 wins. Don't underestimate Trae 2nd year jump or Collins 3rd year all star run. As long as Kevin is on the trend he is on, we are fine with next to nothing from Hunter or Reddish. If we get something from them, 50 is likely, 53 is optimal. Trae and John are just too good at this stage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This changes nothing for me. 44 wins as likely. Optimal is 50 wins. Don't underestimate Trae 2nd year jump or Collins 3rd year all star run. As long as Kevin is on the trend he is on, we are fine with next to nothing from Hunter or Reddish. If we get something from them, 50 is likely, 53 is optimal. Trae and John are just too good at this stage. 

We aren’t winning 53. If we do, I’m buying you a beer 🍺. 44-50 is realistic let’s not get crazy Supes.

• Like 2

Just now, Spud2nique said:

We aren’t winning 53. If we do, I’m buying you a beer 🍺. 44-50 is realistic let’s not get crazy Supes.

I am betting high on Trae Young and John Collins. Two 2020 NBA All Stars and Trae could be the starter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am betting high on Trae Young and John Collins. Two 2020 NBA All Stars and Trae could be the starter.

That’s great so I am but we talkin wins here and I don’t see 53 and I’m usually an optimist. 46-47

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s great so I am but we talkin wins here and I don’t see 53 and I’m usually an optimist. 46-47

I am a total believer in those two and the depth is good enough so I will ride the wave

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, pimp said:

Parker last season :

14.5 pts -6.6rebs with 49fg %

I would think  this means Vince Carter is gone unless another trade is in the works. We still need a center.

Carter is a SG/SF. Parker is a PF/SF. Right?

• Premium Member

This isn't a bad signing at all. We needed bench scoring and Parker can be a sixth man getting 25 or so minutes a game. His defense is putrid but so is Trae Young. I think our GM believes our new wings and new big man can play enough defense to make up for the poor defenders on our team.

Idk. We will be scoring a lot of points next season.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I do like the subtle hints, from the jump, to our lotto-prize rookies, especially the one who hailed most recently from Durham. Listen actively to your coaches, don't settle on your strengths, learn from your errors, mature with the team. If you don't do those things, and play like small-d dookie on the court, what might happen? Poke the 24-year-old Duke alum sitting next to you for advice.

~lw3

Just now, sturt said:

Wonder if Grant called.

😉

My first thought was "how bad does Schlenk want Grant to give an F about his investment?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

His defense is putrid but so is Trae Young.

1. Somehow that's not very comforting. :S

2. Actually, he did show up with a few defensive plays on some highlight clips I saw.... fwiw.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

I'll be honest that he wasn't on my wish list, though.  Not at all.  Hoping he will exceed my low expectations.

Yep.

If we're going to use that roster slot to develop someone, I'd have rather tried with Bender. Not saying they're interchangeable because I don't think they are. Parker, to me, has always been a PF, though some have pegged him as a SF. Opposite with Bender... his future is as a big SF, not unlike how I think of Bol's future, but at least he has the 15-20 lbs of meat already on him that Bol doesn't.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, sturt said:

1. Somehow that's not very comforting. :S

2. Actually, he did show up with a few defensive plays on some highlight clips I saw.... fwiw.

Anyone can look good in a highlight clip sadly...