• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign F Jabari Parker

Spud2nique

I’ve always seen him as a fat 3 but the new NBA.

There are times when he disappears but Trae won’t allow that to happen.  He’s actually a nice off ball player, screener, and slasher, just doesn’t stretch out to 3 well but instead opts for an efficient FT rate at .245. With 2 rookies, Bem, and Kevin on the wing I’m sure CLP felt he could inject some much needed trips to the stripe.  Rugged and opportunistic offensive rebounder.  It’s easy for him to heat up.  He can put up 10 super quick with a couple mid range jumpers, an alley oop, and an off dribble and-1.

CLP will let him know his minutes are tied to his defensive effort.  At 6.5 I ain’t mad at all.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I’ve always seen him as a fat 3 but the new NBA.

There are times when he disappears but Trae won’t allow that to happen.  He’s actually a nice off ball player, screener, and slasher, just doesn’t stretch out to 3 well but instead opts for an efficient FT rate at .245. With 2 rookies, Bem, and Kevin on the wing I’m sure CLP felt he could inject some much needed trips to the stripe.  Rugged and opportunistic offensive rebounder.  It’s easy for him to heat up.  He can put up 10 super quick with a couple mid range jumpers, an alley oop, and an off dribble and-1.

CLP will let him know his minutes are tied to his defensive effort.  At 6.5 I ain’t mad at all.

I had him at 5 mil but he is a good PDS player who can really score it. We really don't have that guy off the bench unless Cam is also there. People forget, Parker is still extremely skilled. As a 6th man for WAS, he performed well on offense. CHI, he was a mess on both ends. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

Parker has only been healthy for 1 season. That  could be a problem.

Probably the reason he didn't get that $20 million renewal.  Atlanta has the elite health place in the NBA.  Many NBA players have injuries of some sort or another all the time.  Cam Reddish is recovering this summer, for instance.

I believe that this is the reason we have the best health place.  When a team regularly invest millions in each and every player, it is imperative that they keep them as healthy as possible.  Wisdom that many average fans, not from Atlanta, probably don't know about.  But, you can bet all NBA players know.

:smug:

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Probably the reason he didn't get that $20 million renewal.  Atlanta has the elite health place in the NBA.  Many NBA players have injuries of some sort or another all the time.  Cam Reddish is recovering this summer, for instance.

I believe that this is the reason we have the best health place.  When a team regularly invest millions in each and every player, it is imperative that they keep them as healthy as possible.  Wisdom that many average fans, not from Atlanta, probably don't know about.  But, you can bet all NBA players know.

In fairness, he was clearly not worth $20M even when healthy.  It was a bet on him taking a big leap forward.  Our contract is much more aligned with who he is when healthy.

• Like 1

Won't be required to play big minutes so hopefully say the twenty minute or less range will help protect those legs. We already know about our conditioning team and Parker will benefit from it.

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I wouldn't brag on Atlanta's track record of keeping players healthy.

Player                                      Games missed

Collins                                            21

Dedmon                                         18

Prince                                             27

Spellman                                        36

Bazemore                                       15

Plumlee                                          64

Justin Anderson and Poythress even missed a lot of games due to injury.

We might be near the bottom of the league as far as health is concerned

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

We might be near the bottom of the league as far as health is concerned

But we're not 😁

Letting this signing sink in after a good night's sleep, this could be a very savvy move for a good backup 4/3 when all is said and done. A "Star" #2 pick starter Parker is not. 6MOTY territory isn't out of the realm of possibility though, if he embraces the role and lets El-P coach him up at age 24. 

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Letting this signing sink in after a good night's sleep, this could be a very savvy move for a good backup 4/3 when all is said and done. A "Star" #2 pick starter Parker is not. 6MOTY territory isn't out of the realm of possibility though, if he embraces the role and lets El-P coach him up at age 24. 

Shaping up to have very good depth:

Young/Turner

Huerter/Crabbe

Hunter/Reddish

Collins/Parker

Len/Fernando

(Look @Cwell!)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

D6EFo3MW4AE1F2t.png

Much appreciated, makes my point the Hawks aren't "near the bottom" of the league as far as health is concerned. Middle of the pack since 2015, 2 years before our new med staff came onboard with Schlenk. Note: Chelsea Lane didn't even arrive until last season.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 3