• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign F Jabari Parker

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Anyone can look good in a highlight clip sadly...

Just tryin to pump a teensyweensy-bit-o sunshine into your/our day. Better than nothin. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Can’t really call a guy that tore his ACL twice a bust. I could see if he never produced at all.....

Point well-taken.

Greg Oden, he's talkin bout you, unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Can’t really call a guy that tore his ACL twice a bust. I could see if he never produced at all.....

He looked like a max cat even after the first one. The 2nd one killed his potential 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't like Jabari Parker, but at the price we got him, that's not bad at all. Another tradable asset to potentially mix and match with our expiring contracts and future draft picks that we've stockpiled. He will provide scoring off the bench which we will actually need because Reddish is probably at least a year away from being a legit  NBA caliber contributor. We now need to get a defensive center to fill out the roster. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

I don't like Jabari Parker, but at the price we got him, that's not bad at all. Another tradable asset to potentially mix and match with our expiring and future draft picks that we've stockpiled. He will provide scoring off the bench which we will actually need because Reddish is probably at least a year away from being a legit  NBA caliber contributor. We now need to get a defensive center to fill out the roster. 

I have to disagree a bit... hate the price, when you consider that JaMychal signed for a mil or two less.... and how much more of a reliable asset would he have been for this year and next?

But, you do this if you think you're actually going to develop Parker to be something more than he's been, of course.

Hard for me to second guess Schlenk in the player evaluation department.

Trae/Turner/Bembry/Reddish 

Huerter/Crabbe/Bembry/Reddish

Hunter/Reddish/Bembry/Huerter 

Collins/Parker/Hunter/Fernando 

Len/Fernando/Collins

Backup C, backup C...come in backup C 📡

• Like 3

So maybe VC does get a few minutes at PF if brought back. He mentioned something about his decision would be based on minutes a while back and hard to see much light for him at SF.

• Premium Member

It does fit the timeline, @REHawksFan, but I'm just sayin, seems like we might have more leverage than to give him that benefit if he breaks out this season. And $7m isn't large, but it's also not insignificant because you always want to have that ability to compete with the taxpayer mid-level exceptions if you can.

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

I have to disagree a bit... hate the price, when you consider that JaMychal signed for a mil or two less.... and how much more of a reliable asset would he have been for this year and next?

But, you do this if you think you're actually going to develop Parker to be something more than he's been, of course.

Hard for me to second guess Schlenk in the player evaluation department.

Green took a discount to play for a contender. But I’m not sure he’s any better than Parker. They both have some gross advanced numbers. Admittedly I haven’t watched Green play much so I’m only looking a numbers.

• Premium Member
Just now, High5 said:

Admittedly I haven’t watched Green play much so I’m only looking a numbers.

Me too, basically, but I know I've also read that Green has a solid defensive rep.... fwiw.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, sturt said:

Surprised that they gave him the second year player option, at least, a little. Anyone else?

Having an option also opens up trade options for us and gives him an out if he wants to move on.  Some benefit to both sides in having that second option season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So maybe VC does get a few minutes at PF if brought back. He mentioned something about his decision would be based on minutes a while back and hard to see much light for him at SF.

I think this seals the deal on Vince not coming back.  Hard to see him getting much of any time with the depth we have at 2-4.  That last roster spot should still go to a C.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Me too, basically, but I know I've also read that Green has a solid defensive rep.... fwiw.

RPM isn't everything, but he was ranked 92nd out of 94 power forwards in DRPM at -1.63. (Golden State's Omari Spellman was 93rd)