• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign F Jabari Parker

Spud2nique

OKC no longer needs to send out salary.

Parker will be the backup PF.  

Parker is not a bust except that he was drafted #2 overall. He's a bust the same way Marvin was a bust.  If Marvin had been drafted #15 overall he was a decent value. He was only a problem because of where we drafted him.  Parker is an efficient NBA player who was +2.3 PER last year against his opponent and only 24 years old.  This is a very good signing for $6 million / year for a rotation player.

• Like 4

For the life of me I couldnt remember the other Duke guy that was a bust. Then I saw this and was like, Oh yeah, he was the one! lol

Idk what to think of this as he can score and is young enough that LP maybe can turn him around. He is essentially no worse than Spellman, just older. Maybe we pull an Alex Len with him and get him to outproduce his career to date, learn a new trick or 2. 

Maybe

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

OKC no longer needs to send out salary.

Parker will be the backup PF.  

Parker is not a bust except that he was drafted #2 overall. He's a bust the same way Marvin was a bust.  If Marvin had been drafted #15 overall he was a decent value. He was only a problem because of where we drafted him.  Parker is an efficient NBA player who was +2.3 PER last year against his opponent and only 24 years old.  This is a very good signing for $6 million / year for a rotation player.

This is like a cult following...Schlenk can shoot someone on 5th ave. and there will still be posters that will support him! Lol!

At least Parker played 64 games last season plus 15 points per game on 49% FG ain’t bad!

i will agree though that he is certainly a bad defender but maybe LP can work his magic!....one can only hope.

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all try to defend this! Lets here it!....blah blah we are signing a center...you were so wrong Peoriabird! Rack up your likes criticizing me.  Now what?

We are apparently still going to sign a center I saw from C Viv or C Kirschner 

I understand the frustration with Parker is mainly cause of his defense and that’s fair!

But the value Schlenk got is a still young efficient (49%) 15 ppg scorer who can play the 3 or 4 off the bench and at the very least provide some bench scoring . Not to mention that he’s only getting paid 6 mil per season which is pretty cheap in this day and age of the NBA.

now defensively I mean maybe Schlenk just has all out confidence that LP can make this guy average on that side of the ball. Also his 64 games played why not a full season is encouraging that he may be able to give us that amount of games if not more.

• Like 1

I'm not excited about it for sure but I also don't get the vitriol for it. We're talking about a back up 4 that will play 20-25 min and can put up 15 pts / 7 reb on a short term, affordable deal.  

I guess my question is......is he better than Parsons or Spellman because that's who was penciled in as JC's backup an hour ago.  

• Like 2

Upon further research, Parker has been more productive as far as counting stats go than guys like Kent Bazemore and Mike Scott were during their time with us. The bust factor is definitely because of his draft position and not his ability to play. Like Campster said, he is essentially Marvin Williams except we are getting him on the low expectation. decent reward part of his career.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 7/3/2019 at 11:25 AM, lethalweapon3 said:

I just love Schlenk trolling me by parading my least favorite players right down Peachtree, one by one. There goes the Evan Turner balloon! And here comes the Solomon Hill float! Oh no, wait a minute...

~lw3

Trav just flat-out tickling me into submission now. Okay, Trav, I give! I give! lol

~lw3

• Haha 3