• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could Schlenk be thinking Damian Jones profiles as a young Dedmon?

sturt

• Premium Member

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Don't really want to sound ridiculous but my Dad was a Chem Engineer from N.C.State so right off the bat I have a fondness for Jones even with no court time with us. In reference to Jones's Roundball IQ want to just say on a daily basis my brothers and friends called my Dad....Mr. Spock. So hopefully this stuff transfers for us somehow, someway, maybe because I am such a homer if nothing else. Jones does sound like a good grounded cat to me and certainly intelligent so who knows. 

• Like 2

I found a video showing Jones Strength's that he displayed in college.  Seems Like Jones has a little more to his game than just dunking if given the chance.  He also has a decent mid range Jumper, maybe Pierce and company can expand his range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofK5mlpScVs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

BBIQ and IQ are two completely different things

If we're being precise, actually, that depends.

Some IQ measurements give more focus than others to visual-spatial intelligence.

That would, of course, be highly relevant to what we ordinarily generically call BBIQ.

But then, who said he's got a high IQ? Excellent grades, I'm sure. Good intelligence, at least, I'm sure. But maybe he's just one of those determined worker types. Either way, I for one am satisfied.

Fwiw, it is said he's a very good passer for a 5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Gotta admit I was personally boycotting the Warriors for the last couple year ..three or four so I don’t know Jones game well but I’ll ride with my friend.

Your ugly mascot mug is having to play them every year now, so I understand the GSW hate being ramped up even more 🤣

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya for sure he’s got that young bouncability thing going on. Springy for sure. 

Kinda hope this guy and Len make folks forget about Deadman.

I mean, let's be honest, although we certainly wanted him back it's not like he was a borderline all-star or anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kinda hope this guy and Len make folks forget about Deadman.

I mean, let's be honest, although we certainly wanted him back it's not like he was a borderline all-star or anything.

He was  a strong rotation player that would fit practically any squad or lineup.  Nothing star about him but very solid with no outstanding weaknesses on either end of the court.

I don't think Len & Jones (or Bruno) will come close to Dedmon & Len for this season but center was the least promising position on our roster regardless of whether Dedmon came back or not.  If Len / Bruno / Jones gets us through the season respectably I think that is all we can ask of them.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 7/10/2019 at 7:30 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Dedmon was a decent pick n pop shooter from the midrange from what I remember. He had a decent shooting stroke which allowed Bud to help him expand his range to 3, can't say I see the same shooting stroke from Jones. He's strictly a rim running C on offense.  Good thing we have a PG to maximize that.

I'll reserve judgement until the preseason.

We wanted another true C, we got one I guess.

1st preseason game - nothing like Dedmon.

He seems a second or two slow on most plays.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1st preseason game - nothing like Dedmon.

He seems a second or two slow on most plays.

He played like that for GW in Sacramento summer league. The fact that he looks like he did this summer. I am going to cosign those GS fans who put him in the bust category 

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Like Spudmack when he was bragging about his favorite Spicy Curry being a shoe-in for Finals MVP last year.

😂 why would you do this to me. I’ve been nothing but a good citizen at squawk. Then you hit me with curry 🍛.. 😩 

I guess the middle school Box 📦 and one defense got to Curry first. 

Damian is not a world beater but I agree can we just give him like 10-12 regular season games before roasting him. 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He played like that for GW in Sacramento summer league. The fact that he looks like he did this summer. I am going to cosign those GS fans who put him in the bust category 

I'll give him a couple real games 'til I fully pull the chute on him.  Still, even if he is a bust, I'd take him all day over Cal-O'mari aka the Human Puffer Fish aka the @Spud2nique of the Warriors (hehe, must be close to the regular season with all the spud-fat jokes).

• Haha 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

😂 why would you do this to me. I’ve been nothing but a good citizen at squawk. Then you hit me with curry 🍛.. 😩 

I guess the middle school Box 📦 and one defense got to Curry first. 

Damian is not a world beater but I agree can we just give him like 10-12 regular season games before roasting him. 

Sorry man.  That isn't fair.

We all know you're really a Luka man.  

• Haha 3