• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Kinda hoping the Nets implode. I can see it happening. No comment on the scrubs. 🤦‍♀️ 

GO HAWWWWKKKKSSSS!!!

ps The Wolves 🐺 SHOULD be on that list too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Kinda hoping the Nets implode. I can see it happening. No comment on the scrubs. 🤦‍♀️ 

GO HAWWWWKKKKSSSS!!!

Based on what?  Jimi Butler is not walking through that door.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

GO HAWWWWKKKKSSSS!!!

The Wolves??? 

Don't trust that team! How long have they been on this path?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Wolves??? 

Don't trust that team! How long have they been on this path?

I figure their luck has to change. It’s been 16 years. They have besties 👯‍♀️ DRuss and Town and Culver. I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 

• Premium Member

This streak was AWESOME!!! Philips was ROCKING!!!

Rathbun :Bob: and Nique :Nique: was living it up!

The way the crowd roared inside Philips Arena, you would have thought that basketball was this city’s favorite sport.

I was so mad the last 8 or so games of the streak, I couldn't find reasonably priced tickets in the 100 sections, prices sky rocketed...too rich for a family of 3. Enjoyed those wins at home though. That was a special season regardless of how it ended. The Chat Room was 🔥.

Speaking of chat room, will it be back @capstone21?

When you look back at that month, where does it rank as far as your favorite stretch of games to call in your career? 

Holman: It was terrific, and it’s right up there. I think I’ve told you before, but the year they got back into the playoffs after missing it for nine years, and they played the Celtics in seven games. I call it the Zaza (Pachulia) series. That was exciting. That was a real thrill. Then going back to the ’80s with those Dominique teams and the young guys who were on those teams like Cliff Levingston, Antoine Carr, Doc Rivers, Randy Wittman — that was fun. Now the group we have now is as much fun as I have had doing games because I really think this team is on the cusp. They’re a bunch of fun kids to be around, and they make me feel young every night. I’m disappointed that it had to stop the way it did, but I think the future is going to be really special. You’ve written about the salary-cap money we have, and I think they’re ready to take that next step of bringing in solid veterans and helping out with the young guys. When you watch Trae (Young) play, it really brings me back to the Dominique days. I used to tell people that they had to go to the games because there was a chance to see something you’ve never seen before. At least once per night, Dominique would do something, and Trae is pretty much that same way. You never know when he might score 50. To have that kind of anticipation every night after 35 years of doing the games makes it a lot of fun to get into the arena every night.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

When he mentions impact list my list grows a bit to include the likes of:

Gallo 

Ibaka

Dragic

Marc Gasol

Favors

Korver 

🤔 

I don't see us signing these 30+ year old players.

Gallo - 31

Ibaka - 40☺️

Dragic - 34

Marc Gasol -35

Favors - 28 ( I thought he was older, seems like he's been around forever) I wouldn't mind him.

Korver - 39

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Favors - 28 ( I thought he was older, seems like he's been around forever) I wouldn't mind him.

Favors played in the 80’s didn’t he? Oh wait that was Mark Bryant 🤔 

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Korver - 39

I want him back for one year then to retire and join our coaching staff.

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who's your favorite underdog?

Duane Ferrell, undrafted and stuck around with us for 6 years. He became a weapon there for a couple of our bad years but dude always brought heart ❤️ and hustle. Shout out to Duane. Surprised nobody mentioned him.

Am I the only one that wants to sucker punch 🤛 that Glen Willis guy for saying Spud 🥔 😡 Technically I guess spud was an underdog but to me he was always the man 😊 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

The bull hustled. Not much talent but a lotta heart ❤️ indeed.

He really wasn't very good, but the Hawks weren't either at that time. 

I think I like him so much because early in my days on the Squawk, I found some rumor online that the Hawks were looking at him and I was the first to share that news on here. The Hawks signed him not long after that. So began my connection to Bautista and his illustrious NBA career, however short it was. 💪🐂

• Like 1