• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks claim Tyrone Wallace from waivers

gurpilo

Per Rotoworld

The Hawks claimed Tyronne Wallace.

The Wolves waived him on Monday before the roster deadline. Wallace showed some positional flexibility back in his Clippers days, so that could help him get in coach Lloyd Pierce's good graces down the line.

• Like 3

Cal Bear 🐻 and played well as a Clipper in spurts in the games I watched. Some him at Cal a bit. Long at about a 6’5” 200 type. I’d call him a poor man’s Brogdon but less IQ and more athleticism. He may beat some people out. I wouldn’t be too surprised he’s a baller.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Cal Bear 🐻 and played well as a Clipper in spurts in the games I watched. Some him at Cal a bit. Long at about a 6’5” 200 type. I’d call him a poor man’s Brogdon but less IQ and more athleticism. He may beat some people out. I wouldn’t be too surprised he’s a baller.

I'm hoping he takes Evan Turner's spot at back up PG.

@lethalweapon3 gotta modify his write-up again. Hawks keeping you busy down to the wire!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm hoping he takes Evan Turner's spot at back up PG.

@lethalweapon3 gotta modify his write-up again. Hawks keeping you busy down to the wire!

Nah, Ty-Squared's not gonna make it into the final edits for the season-opening tome. For reasons that will make a little more sense tomorrow, he didn't go to a certain type of high school. Still, ya gotta like the Isaiah Thomas breakout potential (last pick of the 2016 Draft)... "Pick Me Last Again!"

~lw3

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, sturt said:

This wasn't expected. That 15th slot seemingly was ticketed for a legit PF, and particularly so when your two-way contracts are committed to a PG and a wing.

El-P stated Bruno would get some spot minutes at PF in addition to C. And that at Uncle Vince’s age, mostly considers him a PF at this stage of his career. So with Collins, Parker, VC, and Bruno slotted there, PF is full up.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sturt said:

Let's accept the myth that VC can be a legit PF for the moment.

You still are heavily weighted toward the backcourt, given that your two two-ways are also backcourt players.

He played a lot of 4 last year, whether you and I liked it or not. Just syain’, where’s the room for another 4 if Collins/Parker/VC/Bruno are getting the minutes? El-P also mentioned Hunter would see some small-ball spot minutes at PF.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

The point would be, no matter if you call VC a PF (he's not) or Bruno a PF (he's not... and btw, I recall LP saying he'll get some PF minutes in the same way that Baptist will get C minutes, so I take that to mean not a lot)...

You still have 11 guys who are going to be on your official roster who are backcourt guys. That's still one too many at best.

I have read ideas on Collins.  Everywhere from his becoming an all star, being moved to SF because of his size, or, becoming a 6th man, coming off the bench.  Worst idea, I believe, was trading him, along with draft picks, for a "real" center.  Hawks are building.  It's a long process.  Look at tonight's 5 starters.  26 year old center is by far the oldest. 

Note:  Where does VC play?  Any where Lloyd P tell him!

:smug:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, sturt said:

The point would be, no matter if you call VC a PF (he's not) or Bruno a PF (he's not... and btw, I recall LP saying he'll get some PF minutes in the same way that Baptist will get C minutes, so I take that to mean not a lot)...

You still have 11 guys who are going to be on your official roster who are backcourt guys. That's still one too many at best.

And of that 11:  2 are on minutes restrictions(Huerter and Reddish),  1 is rehabbing (Crabbe), 1 will never play(Parsons), 2 are GLers (Brown and Goodwin) and unlikely to see major minutes, 1 sucks (Turner). So that leaves 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I like this pickup. Trae will get 32-35 minutes a game. We just need a backup PG who will not give the game away. Depending on who starts at SG, Bembry, Huerter, Parker, Reddish, Vince, can score the backup team points.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1