• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Jones is good at catching lobs from Trae.  What else does he do offensively?   Does he pass well out of the post?  Does he get offensive boards and put them back in the hole?  Is he the best screen setter on the team?  Jones' offensive rating is so good, because he doesn't turn the ball over . . mainly because the only offensive move he has, is catching lobs, and making a 3 every 7 games.  Outside of that, he provides nothing offensively.

Among the centers:

Points per 36 minutes:

• Bruno:  13.5 pts
  • Jones:  13.5 pts
  • Len:  12.9 pts

Offensive rebounds per 36 minutes:

• Bruno:  3.2
  • Jones:  2.9
  • Len:  2.9

Assists per 36 minutes:

• Bruno:  3.0 asst
  • Len:  2.1 asst
  • Jones:  1.5 asst

Points created from assists:

• Bruno: 43 points
  • Len: 38 points
  • Jones:  27 points

Turnovers per 36 minutes:

• Jones:  1.3 TOs
  • Len:  2.4 TOs
  • Bruno:  2.7 TOs

I didn't say Jones is good on offense, I said he was our best offensive center by a wide margin. Not sure what the above stats prove, especially the points created from assist which is negated completely by the turnovers. You forgot to include FG% and TS% there where Jones crushes Bruno.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, LK6969 said:

We don't really have a problem with offense too much this season. (Esp with trae playing 35+ mins)

We need defense at the center, and rebounding. ANY upgrade at that spot from Djones is a net positive. That's either Bruno or Len.

Yet....here we go. Djones is starting at C.

Hawks gonna get killed on the Boards again and lose again.

But hey...we are gonna get a high(ish) draft pick right?

BTW, tanking isn't good anymore so...what are we doing exactly?
Sheesh. So angry. 

Our offense this year is as bad as our defense actually.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 2

LOL . . LP changes his rotation AGAIN.  Jones and Cam goes out, Carter and Crabbe comes in. 

NO center ( I guess so the "quicker" Jabari can chase Brook out on the perimeter  . . . who knocks down another 3 )

I refuse to believe that LP is this clueless, although Bonkers and LK has been saying this from the jump.   I bet Len may come in before Bruno does in this game too.

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Per game:

• Len:  3.0 Drebs
  • Jones: 2.9 Drebs
  • Bruno:  1.9 Drebs

Per 36 minutes:

• Len:  6.7 Drebs
  • Bruno:  5.6 Drebs
  • Jones:  4.0 Drebs

Well. There you have it. 

Does LP need some help with statistical analysis? I think there is a job opening available. Probably pays at least $300K a year.

Do you accept this position? I'll make a phone call to our garbage owner and garbage GM. 

:)

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . LP changes his rotation AGAIN.  Jones and Cam goes out, Carter and Crabbe comes in. 

NO center ( I guess so the "quicker" Jabari can chase Brook out on the perimeter  . . . who knocks down another 3 )

I refuse to believe that LP is this clueless, although Bonkers and LK has been saying this from the jump.   I bet Len may come in before Bruno does in this game too.

LP IS this clueless. Wake up. The evidence is right in front of you. 

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Lol at this lineup..Hawks saw Edwards show out last night. lol

LP's lineups are really really really bad. He doesn't know how to stagger his players properly. When all the subs come in, it's REALLY bad. LP doesn't seem to recognize that he needs to stagger his rotations so we don't have 5 subs in. Like Turner, VC, Bembry Bruno is NOT good a lineup. It's bad defensively and bad offensively. It's just flat out bad. And That's on LP. 

Yes the roster has holes, but you can at least plug them in strategically. LP doesn't have a basketball mind at all. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Hopefully we can keep it under 40 points.

Love putting Jabari and then Vince on Giannis. It's like we want him to get 50 tonight again.

That's on LP.

Who do you think we should put on Giannis? Here is a crazy idea....I would put Hunter on Giannis. I know, amazing decision right? But what do I know. I'm not making millions of dollars a year to be HC of the hawks. LOL