• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - 2020 All-Star Starter

NBASupes

12 minutes ago, Threezus said:

LOL i have no clue they were like that even before the championship.  Thats sorta sad as they have literally been a carbon copy of the Hawks since their existence and honestly not even as good as us record % wise.    Without leonard for 1 year they would still be considered be a treadmill team at best that no one believes would win the big one and either 1st or 2nd round exits.

Well, without Leonard, they are 40-15 on the year.  That’s much better than 15-40 with no hope of being in the playoffs anytime soon.

16 minutes ago, Threezus said:

LOL i have no clue they were like that even before the championship.  Thats sorta sad as they have literally been a carbon copy of the Hawks since their existence and honestly not even as good as us record % wise.    Without leonard for 1 year they would still be considered be a treadmill team at best that no one believes would win the big one and either 1st or 2nd round exits.

I blame you for the current fistfight I'm in with this rando cRaptor fan on RGM, btw. 🙄

And, yes, they've always been this obnoxious.  They deserve a surprise 1st round exit this year like no other fanbase in the history of competitive sport.

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Well, without Leonard, they are 40-15 on the year.  That’s much better than 15-40 with no hope of being in the playoffs anytime soon.

That's a great team, the Hawks don't have a great team yet. We will get there in time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

That's a great team, the Hawks don't have a great team yet. We will get there in time.

That’s a great team that was built without bottoming the team out.  According to most of you, the Raptors should have bottomed out after their failed run two years ago.  They didn’t.  They made a move to secure Leonard and won a championship.  When Leonard left, most of you felt they should bottom out.  They didn’t, and they are 40-15 now.

They built the way the Hawks should have built.  Instead of blowing things up, continue to build around the veterans and keep yourself competitive.

The Hawks may get there in 4-5 years, but they would already be there had they don’t this differently.  

24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That’s a great team that was built without bottoming the team out.  According to most of you, the Raptors should have bottomed out after their failed run two years ago.  They didn’t.  They made a move to secure Leonard and won a championship.  When Leonard left, most of you felt they should bottom out.  They didn’t, and they are 40-15 now.

They built the way the Hawks should have built.  Instead of blowing things up, continue to build around the veterans and keep yourself competitive.

The Hawks may get there in 4-5 years, but they would already be there had they don’t this differently.  

Mike Scott and John Jenkins was our next Siakam and Van Vleet. I got it KB

• Like 4

Would rather see Trae win it with a three or a pair of dimes than watch a Raptor flop in an All Star game (like really?) and of course misfire. Yeah, its entertainment but might as well win it too. Agree with the sentiment towards Nurse, don't go clubbing in Atlanta too soon guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

So lame that Young got 16 mins to Lowry's 28, when Young was voted in as a starter and Lowry was one of the borderlines. But it's somewhat expected for the coach to play his guys. 

Exactly. Next time you can just hit the like button though. Thanks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Would rather see Trae win it with a three or a pair of dimes than watch a Raptor flop in an All Star game (like really?) and of course misfire. Yeah, its entertainment but might as well win it too. Agree with the sentiment towards Nurse, don't go clubbing in Atlanta to soon guy.

Nick Nurse is still pissed off that he got pantsed in high school. Atomic wedgie slowly releasing into his nerdy a$$ face. 

He looks like a guy that would be casted in an 80’s movie 🎥 that was in line for questioning and everyone basically had to beat the shit outta him to be info. Can’t you see it now. His weasel face crying 😢 and trying to keep his snot up from falling into his dumb lil mouth 👄...

I digress... 😂 sorry it got a tad dark there. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Nick Nurse is still pissed off that he got pantsed in high school. Atomic wedgie slowly releasing into his nerdy a$$ face. 

He looks like a guy that would be casted in an 80’s movie 🎥 that was in line for questioning and everyone basically had to beat the shit outta him to be info. Can’t you see it now. His weasel face crying 😢 and trying to keep his snot up from falling into his dumb lil mouth 👄...

I digress... 😂 sorry it got a tad dark there. 

This site is such a good release for your ..... stuff.

• Haha 1

Back to Trae Young and his ALL STAR GAME thread....

I saw this post on the Hawks IG and realized that Trae that is noticeably taller than Kemba

It shouldn't be a surprise as their measurements tell the same story, but Kemba's size hardly ever gets mentioned as a detriment for him, meanwhile Trae is always knocked for it.

Trae is 6.05" flat footed with a 6'3 wingspan, 7' 11.5" Standing reach

Kemba is 5'11.5 flat footed with a 6'3.5 wingspan, 7'7.5" Standing reach (interesting?)

also interesting, Chris Paul: 5'11.75" 6'4.5 wingspan and 7'9" standing reach

Trae has the highest standing reach of these guys by inches despite having a shorter wingspan, which is surprising to me.

I find it interesting that both Paul and Walker generally are considered decent defenders despite their stature, It gives me hope that Trae can get there someday if he really dedicates himself to that end of the floor. His instincts have gotten better and he is more willing to attack lazy passes. However his pick and role awareness is still trash as he refuses to avoid switching on to bigger guys (my pet peeve). Once he figures that out watch out!

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, KB21 said:

About as much chance of that happening as there is of Cam Reddish being the best player in the NBA.

Luckily for us, even if he doesn't become the best player in the NBA one day, he could still become a top 10-15 player while it's already known for the faith of Mike Scott, Adriean Payne, and John Jenkins. Let's just say it's not close to Siakam, Van Vleet, or O.G. Anunoby. You want to follow Toronto but we drafted in the past like the Hawks before TS. Underwhelming at the top, awful or lucky at the middle, and tragic on the back end. When is the last time we drafted someone worth a damn in the 2nd round before TS? 

Edited by NBASupes

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I blame you for the current fistfight I'm in with this rando cRaptor fan on RGM, btw. 🙄

And, yes, they've always been this obnoxious.  They deserve a surprise 1st round exit this year like no other fanbase in the history of competitive sport.

HAHAHAHAHA i dragged you into the mud with me kicking and screaming.   Enjoy you stay there my friend we are serving crumpets and tea later.   Still im really happy the Hawks fan base is no longer setting idle and just taking the bs everyone spews on us all the time anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

About as much chance of that happening as there is of Cam Reddish being the best player in the NBA.

Can't say i think Cam will ever be the best player in the nba although hell who knows he might be no one can ever predict that kind of stuff or the future.  I personally think he will be very good but not best in the nba if i had to guess what i think he reaches i would put it at 20 to 22 ppg  5 assists 5 rebounds with above avg to very good defense.   Thats not best nba player in the game numbers but thats a few all star appearances and a very good player to have on your team numbers that i would love to have from any player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Threezus said:

Can't say i think Cam will ever be the best player in the nba although hell who knows he might be no one can ever predict that kind of stuff or the future.  I personally think he will be very good but not best in the nba if i had to guess what i think he reaches i would put it at 20 to 22 ppg  5 assists 5 rebounds with above avg to very good defense.   Thats not best nba player in the game numbers but thats a few all star appearances and a very good player to have on your team numbers that i would love to have from any player.

If he ever pans out, it’s not going to be anytime soon.  

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

To let you know i absolutely hate treadmiling with no chance to win a championship without major changes.   The Hawks and Raptors both done this for a very long time.   I do think we should have tried to trade for a superstar to add to our vet core to see if that could have put us over the top before we hit reset.  But without that happening i much prefer a rebuild like we did than staying status quo if you never planned to try and get a star in the 1st place via trade or FA. 

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

If he ever pans out, it’s not going to be anytime soon.  

I would say 2 to 3 years is what im expecting for him to start showing legit signs of being that legit of a player if he does reach it.  Im fine with that and was fine with that when i put him in my personal mock to the hawks.  I didn't see any player in last years draft i would have taken over him coming out at the 10th pick so im fine with what we got with a chance to reach something special in a few years.

4 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I would say 2 to 3 years is what im expecting for him to start showing legit signs of being that legit of a player if he does reach it.  Im fine with that and was fine with that when i put him in my personal mock to the hawks.  I didn't see any player in last years draft i would have taken over him coming out at the 10th pick so im fine with what we got with a chance to reach something special in a few years.

I would have taken Brandon Clarke at 10 over Reddish.  

48 minutes ago, Thomas said:

This site is such a good release for your ..... stuff.

😂 comon like you can’t see him as a co star ⭐️ to a Depp or Kief Sutherland. One of them just take his whiny 😫 ass in a kidnap scenario and just say and start whaling! 😆 @Thomas it may be time for that cat 🐈 to drag me away for the day. 😃 

• Haha 1