• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - 2020 All-Star Starter

NBASupes

13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

My goodness, I really want to win next year. 

Trae

Cam

Hunter

Harrell

Capela

Let's get 70 wins!!!!

Where is Collins? And I thought Harrell was a backup 5?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nurse all the way.  He's going to have to "check in" before he comes to Atlanta now.

I hope Trae busts dey a** every time they play from now on.

Well, to be honest, I hoped that would happen anyway 'cause it'd mean the Hawks have improved.  But it just means more now.

• Like 4

I think everyone underestimated how long the quarter would last. All-Star games usually have 40-50 point quarters, so 24 didn't seem like much, even with the higher intensity. I don't think the coaches anticipated needing to make a sub and they didn't want to bail on their "best" lineup at the very end. Things will probably be a little different next season.

Edited by High5

23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Disagree. 

I believe that Nurse had something a little more sinister in his pocket.  He either went with the mindset that he was going to play the guys in the 4th who were on the top teams in the East . . or he was going to play HIS two guys alongside Giannis no matter what, as an "audition" to Giannis that Lowry and Siakam would be good teammates for him in a year or two.

The last thing he wanted to do, is to have an elite passing PG like Trae running the show with him during crunch time.  Why else would Nurse stick with those 5 guys for an entire quarter?  A quarter which lasted every bit of 45 minutes with guys going all out toward the end.

Imagine the narrative today, if Trae and Giannis really clicked in that 4th quarter, and sealed the win for Giannis?  You'll have Hawks fans, and perhaps even national media, talking about how Trae and Giannis would be a great fit with each other.  But that chance was taken away by a coach with his own ulterior motives.

Trae can play with Giannis again next year..Hopefully the Hawks wont be a the bottom of the East next time..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think this is true but doesn't excuse Nic(k) staying with a failed lineup for so long.

I'm not letting your completely rational assessment stand in the way of me coming for Nurse's head, btw. 🤪

I’m still Raptor hater #1 so have at it.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, High5 said:

I think everyone underestimated how long the quarter would last. All-Star games usually have 40-50 point quarters, so 24 didn't seem like much, even with the higher intensity. I don't think the coaches anticipated needing to make a sub and they didn't want to bail on their "best" lineup at the very end. Things will probably be a little different next season.

What bugged me most about this though, was that Team Lebron had a more defined pecking order of established guys, with Westbrook being the only vet that was truly snubbed down the stretch for them.

Team Giannis though had way more guys that were closely matched either by  experience (1/2 the roster were 1st timers) or by talent. (Nobody was head and shoulders above the rest outside of Giannis)

Even if Nurse's excuse was he wanted the guys who "paid their dues" Butler was the most experienced All Star (5x) after Lowery (6x). How does Siakim get to finish the game as a 1st time All Star but not fellow 1st timers like Trae+ Donovan, a second timer like Middleton or a veteran 5 timer like Butler?

The strength of Team Giannis was in their depth compared to the top heavy team Lebron. Nurse should have continued to rotate fresh bodies in and out of the game down the stretch to compete with the more talented Team Lebron. Especially when the offense fell off a cliff, they needed a shot in the arm and literally anybody could have given it to them at that point. 

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

What bugged me most about this though, was that Team Lebron had a more defined pecking order of established guys, with Westbrook being the only vet that was truly snubbed down the stretch for them.

Team Giannis though had way more guys that were closely matched either by  experiece (1/2 the roster were 1st timers) or by talent. (Nobody was head and shoulders above the rest outside of Giannis)

Even if Nurse's excuse was he wanted the guys who "paid their dues" Butler was the most experienced All Star (5x) after Lowery (6x). How does Siakim get to finish the game as a 1st time All Star but not  a fellow 1st timer like Trae, or a veteran 5 timer like Butler.

The strength of Team Giannis was in their depth compared to the top heavy team Lebron. Nurse should have continued to rotate fresh bodies in and out of the game down the stretch to compete with the more talented Team Lebron. Especially when the offense fell off a cliff, they needed a shot in the arm and literally anybody could have given it to them at that point. 

Yep. Him going to Siakam for post ups blew my mind. They needed more ball movement since the interior defense was tight.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This was funny, lol

One thing the city of Chicago has going for them is they have always had a lot of corruption in their government over the years, and they are no stranger to organized crime and controversy. This weekend was true to form for them.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MaceCase said:

You have to realize that they were exactly the same even when their team was winning only 20 games.  It was funny then but real ones knew that if they ever tasted any success they'd be insufferable.

LOL i have no clue they were like that even before the championship.  Thats sorta sad as they have literally been a carbon copy of the Hawks since their existence and honestly not even as good as us record % wise.    Without leonard for 1 year they would still be considered be a treadmill team at best that no one believes would win the big one and either 1st or 2nd round exits.

• Like 1