• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - 2020 All-Star Starter

NBASupes

I don't know about the rest of yall but im about pooped and tired at this point.  Think i argued with way to many craptor fans tonight lol.   They have to be the smuggest group of fans i've seen in a long time after that 1 championship.  They act like the raps have been world beaters since day 1 and talk alot of crap about other teams and fans like they are beneath them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae - 6.1

Capela - 3.8

Harrell - 5.1 

Cam - -.8 rookie

Hunter -1 rookie 

13.2 WAR for starters right now based on my starters. 

Cam and Hunter WARs means nothing to be frank. These guys can jump an entire 8 to 10 points as Soph in the right situation which this is clearly. Like Trae, Cam is on a massive upswing from DEC onwards. 

See Duncan Robinson for example. 

Compared to other projected starters in the East: 

76ers - 18.1 WAR

Bucks - 26.3 WAR

Bulls - 10.1 WAR

Cavs - 0 WAR (Garland really hurt them, they should start Nance over Love)

Celtics - 21.4 WAR

Heat - 18.5 WAR

Hornets - 3.8 WAR

Knicks - 1.5 WAR

Magic - 9.8 WAR

Nets - ??? 

Pacers - 10.3 WAR* without Dipo. 

Pistons - 7.7 WAR

Raptors - 17.1 WAR

Wizards - 7.4 WAR plus John Wall

Our new starting unit would be worth a 13.2 WAR. 6th in the EAST. Considering that Cam and Hunter could likely be extreme positives next year, I think Boston is in reach. 

Your mistake is relying upon Reddish and Hunter being extreme positives when it comes to contributing to wins next year.  

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Your mistake is relying upon Reddish and Hunter being extreme positives when it comes to contributing to wins next year.  

I know they will be extreme positives. Cam been's nearly 2 points better since December. Hunter will get it together as he gets more experience. His minutes are astronomical as a rookie so far. Of rookies with over 1k mins, only four have a positive WAR. Only three play starter or spot starter mins (Nunn and Morant). Clarke is rotational at this time. 

I can't say they both will have a Duncan Robinson like jump from like a negative WAR to 4 WAR in a matter of like 50 games but we will see. Most Sophs who play big mins have positive WARs. 

On the subject of the game, I don't really mind Trae (and Luka) paying his dues in the 4th. But it's stupid that people are acting like Trae was unplayable because of his defense when it took Team Giannis an hour to score 22 points. They had a 9-point lead to play with as well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

You have to realize that they were exactly the same even when their team was winning only 20 games.  It was funny then but real ones knew that if they ever tasted any success they'd be insufferable.

I hate Raptor fans. RealGM made me realize how shit they are. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Buzzard said:

It was a great game.

Basically an ideal start for this format.  Will be interested to see how it looks in 4 years if they keep up with it.  A lot of All-Star formats look good in their first year when the change sparks increased focus from the players but then don't look so great a couple of years later.  That happened with the "choose your team" format change.  In 2018, the new format resulted in a very similar competitive game with Team Lebron down by 3 after 3 quarters and then pulling out to a 148-145 win.  The teams seemed energized with the new format and the game was lauded for how competitive it was.

The next year nobody cared.  Time will tell.  I'm all aboard if it means more competitive games.

• Like 3

Nick Nurse is a weasel...

4277905.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false

Trae Young
Atlanta Hawks
Guard | Grade: B+

Game stats
10 PTS | 2-6 3PT | 3 REB | 10 AST

Analysis
It was Young who took on the role of distributor for Team Giannis, handing out a game-high 10 assists. His passes nearly entirely set up layups or dunks, including an alley-oop to Rudy Gobert that tied the third-quarter score in the closing seconds of the period. Young also beat the halftime buzzer with a half-court 3-pointer, showing off his range, but he missed on another highlight when he was unable to convert a layup after nutmegging Harden.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Nick Nurse is a weasel...

4277905.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false

Trae Young
Atlanta Hawks
Guard | Grade: B+

Game stats
10 PTS | 2-6 3PT | 3 REB | 10 AST

Analysis
It was Young who took on the role of distributor for Team Giannis, handing out a game-high 10 assists. His passes nearly entirely set up layups or dunks, including an alley-oop to Rudy Gobert that tied the third-quarter score in the closing seconds of the period. Young also beat the halftime buzzer with a half-court 3-pointer, showing off his range, but he missed on another highlight when he was unable to convert a layup after nutmegging Harden.

So lame that Young got 16 mins to Lowry's 28, when Young was voted in as a starter and Lowry was one of the borderlines. But it's somewhat expected for the coach to play his guys. 

• Like 3