• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

That you are on team AHF just gave me a swell of confidence. Thank you sir!

I think there are a handful of teams with legit money and very few players to spend it on so it won't surprise me if some team overpays for Len next year. What that means, I'm not sure, but I'm expecting a bunch of overpays this summer. That's part of the reason I would love for the Hawks to do their roster moves through trades during the season. 

• Like 1

All I can say is I'm tired of losing because of rebounding. The Lakers, Utah, Celtics, Cavaliers games all had one thing in common. We lost a close game and got out rebounded between 6-13 rebounds in the game.  We lost to the Knicks...the F'ing Knicks by 23 and were out-rebounded by 17.  We have only 1 guy on the team averaging more than 6 rebounds per game and he was suspended for 25 games.

Drummond would instantly be leading the teams in Rebounds, Blocks and Steals. Pay the man and lets start building this. We have 60 million to burn.

Player
G
Min
Off
Def
Reb
Stl
Blk
John Collins 10 30:53:00 2 7.7 9.7 1 1.8
Jabari Parker 32 26:10:00 1.7 4.3 6 1.3 0.5
Alex Len 34 18:24 1.6 4 5.6 0.5 0.8
Trae Young 33 35:01:00 0.5 3.8 4.3 1.2 0.1
DeAndre' Bembry 35 22:13 0.9 3 3.9 1.3 0.5
De'Andre Hunter 35 31:38:00 0.5 3.3 3.8 0.6 0.3
Cam Reddish 32 25:50:00 0.7 3.2 3.8 1 0.4
Damian Jones 32 17:06 1.5 2.3 3.8 0.4 0.8
Kevin Huerter 25 26:46:00 0.5 3.1 3.6 1 0.5
Bruno Fernando 35 11:58 1.1 2 3.1 0.3 0.3
Allen Crabbe 23 19:11 0.3 2 2.3 0.6 0.1
Vince Carter 29 15:46 0.2 1.8 2 0.3 0.3
Evan Turner 18 12:48 0.4 1.6 2 0.4 0.4
Brandon Goodwin 7 11:22 0.3 1.4 1.7 0.7 0.3
Tyrone Wallace 14 11:27 0.2 1.4 1.6 0.5 0.1
Chandler Parsons 5 10:50 0.2 1.2 1.4 0.8 0.2
Charlie Brown 4 4:04 0.5 0.3 0.8 0 0.3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think there are a handful of teams with legit money and very few players to spend it on so it won't surprise me if some team overpays for Len next year. What that means, I'm not sure, but I'm expecting a bunch of overpays this summer. That's part of the reason I would love for the Hawks to do their roster moves through trades during the season. 

This!!! x50

58 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

one thing for certain at this point: we ain't getting him.  these long simmering rumors never pan out for the hawks.

Not true.  People knew for months that Shelden Williams was on our radar so I'd say that long-simmering rumor worked out for the Hawks ... right?

29 minutes ago, thecampster said:

That you are on team AHF just gave me a swell of confidence. Thank you sir!

You're welcome. Man up and put your avatar on the line, like me and Spud did with our bet. But I personally do not care how much money Len gets. I just found some of your previous remarks and conspiracy theories about Luka to be just laughable and downright offensive. But good luck to you.

Edited by bleachkit

Welp! Just saw Blake is considering season ending injury.

that may halt Detroit from trading Drummond if they aren’t getting Blake back for the season.

to my understanding they don’t want to take the tanking approach. They will not likely get back a player or players on the caliber of Drummonds talents and maybe they’ll make Blake their number one player to move if they can.

anyways I believe this has to impact any trade talks whatsoever with Drummond 

46 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Realgm article states Blake Griffin is pondering having season ending knee surgery..  If Blake is shut down will that have an affect on the Pistons trading Drummond at or before the deadline?

If Blake is shut down, they'll definitely get serious about moving on from Drummond.

If I'm the Hawks, I'd simply toss them Chandler + a future 1st ( Brooklyn ), and see if they bite.

For the Hawks, it's an easy move to toss out.

Next year we will have 8 players under contract 

Young, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Collins, Fernando and 2 first round picks. I would say that we will sign also Goodwin, that is 9 players with high chances that Bruno is not active normally. 

that means you have to sign 4-5 players with a salary cap of 70 millions. I have no problem at all spending 25 m$ on Drummond, in fact with 70 million we should spend a good amount of money on quality Free agents. Give me a star for 25 million $ instead of a role player for 15m$. We need a starting center, and a quality big and a quality wing. I am assuming we will draft a backup PG, with Goodwin should be enough

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Blake is shut down, they'll definitely get serious about moving on from Drummond.

If I'm the Hawks, I'd simply toss them Chandler + a future 1st ( Brooklyn ), and see if they bite.

I don’t know...from what I’ve read they don’t want to tank necessarily so why would you move Drummond?

if you move him you’re definitely going to lose more games with thin maker playing majority center minutes ....excuse me thon maker 😆

• Premium Member

These folks against bringing in Drummond just want to wade in mediocrity.  Drummond is one if the top centers on the league.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I don’t know...from what I’ve read they don’t want to tank necessarily so why would you move Drummond?

if you move him you’re definitely going to lose more games with thin maker playing majority center minutes ....excuse me thon maker 😆

Detroit wants to rebuild.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

If we are looking to do this, I hope Schlenk is on the phone with his agent to agree not to exercise his opt-out.  I don't want to make a move for 4 months only to watch him leave and then have a worst draft pick (presuming we play better with him which I think is guaranteed figuring that we should play better just being healthier) and a missing one (which is reportedly part of getting the deal done).  I'm fine with trading a mid-first for him if TS believes Drummond is part of our future and we have a clear path to keeping him here for a while.  I like us getting 1.5 seasons to test drive before committing to a long-term deal.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Well there are a lot of dumbasses in the NBA then, because he's going to get paid in 2021.   

• Big Center. 
  • Productive. 
  • Has defensive value.
  • Only 26 years old.
  • Has dominated every rebounding metric for the past 5 years.
  • Would eliminate the need for Collins to play center.
  • Would give Trae a very big target to run pick and roll, or find in the middle.
  • And just about every advanced stat loves his contribution to the game.

But go ahead and keep thinking some mid-late 1st round pick has more value than a big man who will be in this game for another 8 - 10 years.

And we don't need to be one of them dumbasses

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hace 10 minutos, TheNorthCydeRises dijo:

Pistons are going to unleash Wood and Doumbouya and they may realize that the results are not much different. If we can get Drummond for Parker or Bembry, Parsons and a bunch of 2nd rd picks I would definitely do it. I do not want to give BKN pick, we can always sign Drummond this summer, I think we should be in a great position anyway.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Well there are a lot of dumbasses in the NBA then, because he's going to get paid in 2021.   

• Big Center. 
  • Productive. 
  • Has defensive value.
  • Only 26 years old.
  • Has dominated every rebounding metric for the past 5 years.
  • Would eliminate the need for Collins to play center.
  • Would give Trae a very big target to run pick and roll, or find in the middle.
  • And just about every advanced stat loves his contribution to the game.

But go ahead and keep thinking some mid-late 1st round pick has more value than a big man who will be in this game for another 8 - 10 years.

The one in bold is categorically false. Advanced stats give him defensive value, sure, but almost no offensive value ranking him fifth in offensive win shares in Detroit despite having by far the most minutes played on the team. His 55% TS is bad for a center and ranks 10th on the team, and his turnover rate is also terrible as he currently has the 16th worst turnover rate in the NBA, and 4th worst among centers.  So yea, while Drummond figures to help out our defense, whether his contributions on offense actually help us is much more debatable.

Of course we can make the argument playing with Trae will boost his offense, and I think it's a valid point but truth is that just how much of a boost he gets is up in the air. I think generally people overrate the impact Trae has on players. We see Jabari and Damian Jones putting up fantastic efficiency around the basket this year and like to think it's mostly because of Trae ignoring they've had fantastic efficiency around the basket in previous season during their careers. Now, don't get me wrong not saying Trae won't have an impact on Drummond, but just cuationaing that the overall impact is likely to be more on the marginal side than the absolutely transformative side. Odds are even with Trae setting him up, Drummond will still not be good at taking care of the ball, and won't be able to hit free throws. So even if he gets the extra couple of easy looks a game it he'll still more than likely remain a sub-par offensive producer. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not wanting Drummond isn't wanting mediocrity when all Drummond has been is mediocrity personified 

There are no easy choices for bad NBA teams. If they get our Brooklyn pick, we basically traded Taurean Prince for Andre Drummond. That's not a bad deal. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There are no easy choices for bad NBA teams. If they get our Brooklyn pick, we basically traded Taurean Prince for Andre Drummond. That's not a bad deal. 

You guys are refusing to see the big picture. It's mindblowing to be honest