• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Well, he is going to Cleveland, folks.

There's some reason for sympathy that he's headed to a franchise that seems to have no direction whatsoever.

For a few months, anyhow.

I hear you but it isn't like he is stuck there.  He can sign with any team in the league in less than half a season.  Cry for someone who is locked in for years with a franchise they don't like.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sturt said:

Well, he is going to Cleveland, folks.

There's some reason for sympathy that he's headed to a franchise that seems to have no direction whatsoever.

For a few months, anyhow.

Did it to himself with his demanding of his specific destiny (oh, should have said his demand of inflated millions). Not our problem thankfully.

• Like 1

What the hell!!!! Cavs are crazy what are they doing. I leave for 3 hours and come back to us signing Skal! My friend was texting me up the wazoo! Get to my phone with 27 texts..Hawks, Cavs, Warriors..Wiggins. I gotta process this!! 😆 😳 I mean what are the Cavs doing. Wait, did Tristan go anywhere?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

I hear you but it isn't like he is stuck there.  He can sign with any team in the league in less than half a season.  Cry for someone who is locked in for years with a franchise they don't like.

If Drummond wants to be with a contender he better set aside his intent to get a max.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, turnermx said:

If Drummond wants to be with a contender he better set aside his intent to get a max.

Seems apparent that at this juncture the contender stuff is not his goal. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Agree.  I am pretty confident he will pick a big money deal.  I think he'll have enough options that he won't be stuck in Cleveland if he is willing to just take lots and lots of money and not every dime available (although it may be that someone like the Hornets outbids the Cavs).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't understand this trade at all for either team. Is Cleveland the only team desperate enough to give him a full max deal?

I feel either they will or Charlotte will do that or bid for him more than anyone else and he will take every last dime he can get.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Listening to Cav fans try to convince everyone themselves how good Drummn'd will be is plain hilarious.  Glad that's not us having to rationalize.

#ThisThreadWillNeverDie

Wonder how they gonna feel next year when they are near the Eastern Conferance cellar paying the man 29 million for 20-21.  There is no way he is going to test the market. He may not prefer Cleveland but the money will anchor him.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, turnermx said:

Wonder how they gonna feel next year when they are near the Eastern Conferance cellar paying the man 29 million for 20-21.  There is no way he is going to test the market. He may not prefer Cleveland but the money will anchor him.

I wouldn't count on that.  He will have the least competition for a big contract this offseason.  If he waits a year, he will be completely overshadowed by the available talent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Drummond is the future D8. The mirror can be such an enemy.

Yep, same stages, then in the twilight of his career he can try to ride superstars to a title for the vet min.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think he was mad he got traded, it was that he wasn't notified by any team personnel. That's not cool.

That is Trump's world you know. Notified by Twitter or no one at all.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On a much lighter note. Take a look at Danny Ainge's face trying to influence a ref as a player and Ted Cruz's ugly as F*** mug on any given day. The likeness in expressions are kinda weird you know.