• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hear you.  The tools are there.  But that steak is so raw it moo's when you stick the fork in.  If we take a kid like that, or even Wiseman who's probably closer to contributing, we need to add some win-now(ish) players such that we can shelve him for the year basically.

Kinda like how DEN didn't need Porter, jr. last year.

Oh I agree. I just think this is the last year for the top end draft talent and Anthony is the guy I want. If he surprises us and contributes right away, it'll move up the future potoential of the team as a whole.  If he doesn't, play him in College Park (where I believe he'd fill up the arena and he wouldn't have a problem because he's from the area) to get him up to speed.

Top picks playing in the G League may be frowned upon, but it could be the start of something if the Hawks make it work with Edwards.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hear you.  The tools are there.  But that steak is so raw it moo's when you stick the fork in.  If we take a kid like that, or even Wiseman who's probably closer to contributing, we need to add some win-now(ish) players such that we can shelve him for the year basically.

Kinda like how DEN didn't need Porter, jr. last year.

I agree with you but i think we're already there.   He's got no room in the lineup anyway.  I just figure he'll develop to be a sniper off the bench like Lou Williams. 

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't you think that's the plan just based on the current trade rumors: Adams, Drummond, Bertans, Harrell in FAcy  just to name a few.

Here's my wish list:

Trade for Adams and Bertans, sign Harrell and Malik Beasley and Draft Wiseman.

Still have 4 spots to fill in.

I can get behind that plan.  Maybe not Beasley though.  Seems to create a logjam.

Also wonder if, ultimately, Myles Turner doesn't end up in volt.  Seems to fit.  IND needs to turn him into something before he exhausts his value.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't you think that's the plan just based on the current trade rumors: Adams, Drummond, Bertans, Harrell in FAcy  just to name a few.

Here's my wish list:

Trade for Adams and Bertans, sign Harrell and Malik Beasley and Draft Wiseman.

Still have 4 spots to fill in.

If you had to pick one acquisition:

Steven Adams or Montrezl Harrell?

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can get behind that plan.  Maybe not Beasley though.  Seems to create a logjam.

Also wonder if, ultimately, Myles Turner doesn't end up in volt.  Seems to fit.  IND needs to turn him into something before he exhausts his value.

Logjam??? You bringing back Bembry?

Wings - Huerter, Cam, Reddis, Hunter, Beasley 

47 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If you had to pick one acquisition:

Steven Adams or Montrezl Harrell?

Adams - need size.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ve been on Harrell early. He’s a dog 🐕 I like him a lot. 

Always thought Harrell was bigger than what he is listed at. A fighter for sure. Problem being that even though he helps a lot it is not cookie cutter C stuff you know. Glad he is active and blocks some shots but would rather him get backup minutes at either power spot if we got him and still work on a starting C deal somehow. Folks are saying he is probably gonna get paid hefty starter money next year also.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Always thought Harrell was bigger than what he is listed at. A fighter for sure. Problem being that even though he helps a lot it is not cookie cutter C stuff you know. Glad he is active and blocks some shots but would rather him get backup minutes at either power spot if we got him and still work on a starting C deal somehow. Folks are saying he is probably gonna get paid hefty starter money next year also.

Ya good point. He’s gonna be one of those Ken Norman guys who got about 20 minutes on the Clippers and comes to the Hawks and gets about 30-35. 

Will his great production continue with extended minutes or is he a fixture on the bench and better in a 6th man type of a role.

You are right it’s kind of a finicky situation. 

Sometimes bench players are better off the bench..

Lou Will, Jamal Craw, etc.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, JTB said:

Whoa! I’m super shocked and lost for words

I don't watch the Pistons enough to know for sure, but my guess is everyone stands around watching Drummond do his thing and just assumes Drummond will get every board. Looking at their stat sheet, they don't have a single player over 6.0 per game other than Drummond. He can only do so much. 

On 1/21/2020 at 8:06 AM, NBASupes said:

Harrell is an elite 6th man center but he's not a starting center. 

🤔 might be wrong on this one too big guy. I think Trez can play center rather easily on a regular basis no less. He showed what he can do tonight against us with their key guys missing.

• Like 1