• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From what I've heard, Atlanta had an offer and pulled it. 

OKC 1st, Jones, Parsons for Drummond and filler. DET never declined it either. 

I heard the same and the sticking point was the filler and a chance to talk to Jones.  As I understood it, they wanted to include enough salary to take us right up to the Cap and limit us in other trades. They wanted to include the bench garbage and we wanted Morris or Sekou. We pulled because they didn't want to budge.

Edited by thecampster
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

What is that plan?  Stink for multiple years to stock pile high draft picks, hoping that 2-3 of them pan out and become studs?

Draft and develop our young talent and let them learn together and build chemistry while continuing to stockpile assets. Summer of 2021, acquire an all star ⭐️ or superstar with the aforementioned assets to add to a young  and talented squad. 

2021 on....WREAK HAVOC on 29 other teams and suffocate them until the end of the decade. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People really aren't understanding the cap position next year for the Hawks.

Assuming all options are accepted and all free agents are renounced and not counting the rookie cap holds, we would have almost 80 million.  Keeping the rookie cap holds its 69 million.  For the love of all that is holy, You can absorb a player like Drummond at $25 million and the real cap hit is only $22 million because you lose the cap hit from the lower rookie contract. You still get a top 3 draft pick and still have $47 million to spend in free agency. A bit of that goes to keep Jeff and you can still sign a max player to go with Drummond and company.  That lower 1st has zero real value to us. What we sign in free agency will play in front of it....with a first and 2+ free agents...that #18 ish pick isn't seeing the floor.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Assuming all options are accepted and all free agents are renounced and not counting the rookie cap holds, we would have almost 80 million.  Keeping the rookie cap holds its 69 million.  For the love of all that is holy, You can absorb a player like Drummond at $25 million and the real cap hit is only $22 million because you lose the cap hit from the lower rookie contract. You still get a top 3 draft pick and still have $47 million to spend in free agency. A bit of that goes to keep Jeff and you can still sign a max player to go with Drummond and company.  That lower 1st has zero real value to us. What we sign in free agency will play in front of it....with a first and 2+ free agents...that #18 ish pick isn't seeing the floor.

I understand it completely. We could have two max and a half worth of cap. Worse case two full max and and a nice role player. Schlenk is not going to be stupid and sign some role player like Bazemore for 20 plus million a year.

But he will pay that and more for a high quality starter. You know, like a three time all-star center.

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Draft and develop our young talent and let them learn together and build chemistry while continuing to stockpile assets. Summer of 2021, acquire an all star ⭐️ or superstar with the aforementioned assets to add to a young  and talented squad. 

2021 on....WREAK HAVOC on 29 other teams and suffocate them until the end of the decade. 

At some point, you have to show improvement on the court and have wins as a result.  Standing pat, getting a top 3 pick, and adding LaMelo Ball isn’t going to impact the team enough to get it to the point that it is attractive for an all star free agent.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

That may all be true but Drummond may not be our guy and all this trade chatter is fluff. 

I still don’t see Schlenk wanting Drummond. If this was 1995 as Joel Embiid says, then hell yes, get me a load down low, it’s 2020, sadly the game has changed. 

It’s not even the fact that he doesn’t shoot from deep, he just doesn’t seem to pass the “desire and love of the game” 👁 test to me, he’s been moving around on the court for 8 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

That may all be true but Drummond may not be our guy and all this trade chatter is fluff. 

I still don’t see Schlenk wanting Drummond. If this was 1995 as Joel Embiid says, then hell yes, get me a load down low, it’s 2020, sadly the game has changed. 

It’s not even the fact that he doesn’t shoot from deep, he just doesn’t seem to pass the “desire and love of the game” 👁 test to me, he’s been moving around on the court for 8 years.

There is a reason Pistons have a losing record and he is right in the middle of it, as a veteran player, playing with veteran players that comprise their core. This team is 16-27. Why? Maybe lesser AD is a big part of the problem? WE are supposed to lose this year, as Schlenk said, predicting 30 wins. The Pistons are desperate to unload this cat on someone and I don't want it to be us.  Just read Detroit Free Press on this issue.

• Like 4

Just now, Spud2nique said:

At some point? 🧐 We’ve been in a rebuild for like a year and a half. It’s not like it’s been a run like the Suns or Minny had for 10+ years. In fact, to support my argument, we have shown that we do have a commitment to winning because we made the playoffs for 10 straight years but we walked away with nothing to show for it. So this time, we are taking a few years to build the thing stronger and better. 

Once we get the roster we want that can compete and win, we are most likely making another 10+ year run, hopefully this time resulting in a 🏆.

This is year three of losing with no end in sight.

• Like 1

Just now, turnermx said:

Where were you the 2nd half of last season when this team played .500 ball? 🧐

Website was dead.  The bottom line is this.  This is now the third year that they will land a top draft pick, and there are no signs that they will be pushing for the playoffs anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is year three of losing with no end in sight.

Nope 2017-18 was a transition year. We had nothing but Collins as a rookie to build on and a bunch of vets that we needed to flip. The rebuilding hadn’t started.

We count the rebuild when we get our first high draft pick (top 5) and we got that with Trae. So, year one of the rebuild was:

2018-19 : 29-53

2019-20: 10-33 (thus far)

A year and a half. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Website was dead.  The bottom line is this.  This is now the third year that they will land a top draft pick, and there are no signs that they will be pushing for the playoffs anytime soon.

Avatar bet that we make the playoffs next year! 😊 I think we get in next year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Nope 2017-18 was a transition year. We had nothing but Collins as a rookie to build on and a bunch of vets that we needed to flip. The rebuilding hadn’t started.

We count the rebuild when we get our first high draft pick (top 5) and we got that with Trae. So, year one of the rebuild was:

2018-19 : 29-53

2019-20: 10-33 (thus far)

A year and a half. 

The tear down year counts.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1