• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Typically 1-5 picks start yes but have you seen just how raw wiseman is right now? ...if he does start it’s not going to be pretty starting off that’s all I will say.

The potential he has is through the roof! The kid very well could be star someday but I think he needs real hard in depth development time for 3-4 years before he starts making real impact 

Edwards on the other hand I believe can make some kind of impact day 1 purely off of scoring ability 

So if we get the #1 pick do you draft Edwards or take Wiseman? (or Lamelo?)

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not sure how ready Wiseman is and he'll be coming off a ton of dead time.  I can see a scenario where he plays a role similar to JC's rookie season and learns from a vet.

I'm also not sure you have to pay $20M for a FA - especially if you are looking for a reliable backup.  Ivica Zubac was signed for 4 years, $28M.  You could go well over that and get a guy like him for say 4 years, $48M and still see that as nice value, IMO.  Kanter went for $5M as did Robin Lopez.  Noel, WCS, Dwight, etc. all went super cheap.

There are deals to be had among FA centers.

All that said, if we draft Wiseman I'm fine to have a vet center on a $20M contract to be a potential starter / impact backup.  We paid Jeremy Lin $13M to be the backup PG behind Trae and I'd expect Wiseman to contribute less as a rookie than Trae did.

For sure, if we get Wiseman we still want a vet playing behind him but I would think the type of vet we look for is more the budget type that you mentioned and not the fringe all-star type like Whiteside or Drummond.

I do suppose taking into account that so many of our players are still on rookie deals and such it could certainly be a possibility to break the bank on a backup Center and depending on the structure and years of the deal still be capable of making a splash in 2021 and keeping our core together.. though I would also argue that Drummond, Whiteside or any other 20 million dollar center probably will be looking for a situation where they can know for sure that they are the feature Center on the team and probably wouldn't be too thrilled to play the mentor role for an up and coming player. 

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

So if we get the #1 pick do you draft Edwards or take Wiseman? (or Lamelo?)

Honestly as of lately  I would take Edwards but the way huerter is playing (lately) I’m like damn why waste that pick on Edwards if huerter is capable of doing this ?

it all kind of depends on how much faith you have in huerter if we had a choice of either of those 3.

if your faith is high in huerter I say take wiseman. If you think huerter is a bench player long term I say take Edwards 🤷🏾‍♂️

Second thought, the pick will have a cap hit of 5 to 8 million per season and would be a huge trade asset for a player to come in and fill our cap space.  Never one to trade away picks but if ever there was a year picks could net you a star...it is a year where you will have 60 million cap space.

9 hours ago, JTB said:

Honestly as of lately  I would take Edwards but the way huerter is playing (lately) I’m like damn why waste that pick on Edwards if huerter is capable of doing this ?

it all kind of depends on how much faith you have in huerter if we had a choice of either of those 3.

if your faith is high in huerter I say take wiseman. If you think huerter is a bench player long term I say take Edwards 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

Huerter is doing well recently.  He's a keeper.  About drafting another player as a shooting guard:

We all like to dream.  What if, when he joins the Hawks, that player who was added to make the $$$$ payroll work out, Treveon Graham, shows himself to be an OK #2 guard, capable of backing up Huerter.

Maybe he is just a throw in, throw away player.  Could be.  But, just remember, he's an NBA player.  This flower might bloom here.  Heck, the Hawks have time on their side right now.  We know other trades are out there, waiting for everyone to get their heads together.  Who knows what will happen.  But, for right now, join me in this dream where we find a gem in Treveon Graham!

:sun:

18 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

He had some pretty good talks with them, so he thought something.  I don't think he wanted to give up a 1st for the short term.  

I agree and think Schlenk sees a fit with Drummond. He may have liked the more mobile Sabonis but that ship has sailed.  Crabbe may have been the piece Detroit wanted along with a 1st. Just saying the trade talks were reported to be called off almost exactly to the minute that the Teague trade was announced.

Its another topic, but I bet good money some teams have inquired about Teague. I like this trade for Teagues fit but also think he is a better trade chip than Crabbe as well.

• Like 4

This has got to be the capper here. If the Knicks don’t want Drummond, the Pistons are in trouble. 

Knicks not interested in Andre Drummond

i_f2_a8_73_andre-drummond.png?w=60

Which bring us to on-the-block Pistons center Andre Drummond, the Mount Vernon, N.Y., native who, according to a Yahoo Sports report Thursday, plans to opt out of the $28 million final year of his contract this summer to become a free agent in a lackluster class. That should lessen other teams’ desire to trade for Drummond at the Feb. 6 deadline. According to an NBA source, the Knicks have no interest in a trade despite a report the Pistons approached them about a deal — and it makes absolutely no sense to give up pawns for Drummond if he’s opting out. But it will also make no sense if the Knicks don’t go after Drummond this July, even if they possess a young 7-foot-1 center they think can develop into something special.

• Thanks 1

Hmmmm well I guess some of you are right and perhaps Schlenk does see Drummond as a fit.... I don’t understand it based on what the center position does offensively In LP scheme. All those guys have drifted out to the 3pt line somewhat throughout the season.

unless maybe it was discussed internally between Schlenk and LP to adjust the scheme a bit of IF a guy like Drummond is traded for.

I may be back on the Drummond band wagon but I need to see it he gets traded by deadline. I’m still in belief that whatever team trades for him will likely keep him but If the hawks are planning to make a run at Drummond this summer I would bet that offer per season is no higher than 23 mil per

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This has got to be the capper here. If the Knicks don’t want Drummond, the Pistons are in trouble. 

Knicks not interested in Andre Drummond

i_f2_a8_73_andre-drummond.png?w=60

Which bring us to on-the-block Pistons center Andre Drummond, the Mount Vernon, N.Y., native who, according to a Yahoo Sports report Thursday, plans to opt out of the $28 million final year of his contract this summer to become a free agent in a lackluster class. That should lessen other teams’ desire to trade for Drummond at the Feb. 6 deadline. According to an NBA source, the Knicks have no interest in a trade despite a report the Pistons approached them about a deal — and it makes absolutely no sense to give up pawns for Drummond if he’s opting out. But it will also make no sense if the Knicks don’t go after Drummond this July, even if they possess a young 7-foot-1 center they think can develop into something special.

Wow yeah if the Knicks aren’t interested that’s a bad sign for Detroit!

drummond may not be moved . It’s getting more difficult. I bet Schlenks offer was the best one on the table .

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Wow yeah if the Knicks aren’t interested that’s a bad sign for Detroit!

drummond may not be moved . It’s getting more difficult. I bet Schlenks offer was the best one on the table .

Ya I think @NBASupes likened the situation to us with Millsap in his last year. We had to bite the bullet. 

I will say one thing. If his price is extremely low, you will have contenders coming after him for a second round flier. Also afraid that the Warriors and Spurs may make a move on Drummond.

Toronto is the best fit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I think @NBASupes likened the situation to us with Millsap in his last year. We had to bite the bullet. 

I will say one thing. If his price is extremely low, you will have contenders coming after him for a second round flier. Also afraid that the Warriors and Spurs may make a move on Drummond.

Toronto is the best fit.

If we offered a 2nd and expiring, Detroit should have took that and run. A contenders 2nd is going to suck.

• Like 3

The team most in need of taking a huge risk is the Blazers. They gotta go all in for Drummond. They’ve been working this Lillard/CJ backcourt for too long and Whiteside isn’t the answer.

Raptors/Blazers

on the cheap:

Warriors/Spurs

I wonder if coach Pop thinks he can do something with Drummond. I wouldn’t put it past Pop.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

If we offered a 2nd and expiring, Detroit should have took that and run. A contenders 2nd is going to suck.

I’m holding out hope that we my get back in the race to trade for him after they strike out with everyone else 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Paul George trade looking better and better for OKC. SGA is a borderline all star already. 

I think you're right, for now.  What they and MEM have going on feels a bit 'lightning in a bottle'-y.  I'm expecting a giant comeback to earth for both.  If not this season, definitely next season.

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was close, we offered OKC 1st and expirings. 

That is news. Every report I have read said no one offered a 1st; and if they did, Detroit would have jumped in head first.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2