• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

11 hours ago, AHF said:

He is shooting 41.8% from 3.  What do you guys want from your offense?  That is elite.  Give him the ball for an open 3 as much as you can.  41.8% translates without a single free throw to a .627% TS%.  That is wayyy better than Trae Young or John Collins and more efficient than Giannis, Luka or LeBron.  I'm talking about their overall TS% not just their 3pt% - like giving the ball on offense to Giannis is less efficient than KAT shooting that 3.  So that "look at him taking a jumper....so soft..." is trash.  Any smart coach wants KAT scoring the ball about as much as possible.  His overall .654% TS% is pretty amazing for his volume.

Now if you guys want to trash him for being soft on D then you can make yourself a case but calling a guy soft because he shoots 41.8% from 3 and looked to take a 3?  Really?

raw  

You guys are better than that.  Might as well break out your "Dirk was so soft because he shot jumpers on his way to a championship" schtick.

Reggie Miller was soft too 😛

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AHF said:

He is shooting 41.8% from 3.  What do you guys want from your offense?  That is elite.  Give him the ball for an open 3 as much as you can.  41.8% translates without a single free throw to a .627% TS%.  That is wayyy better than Trae Young or John Collins and more efficient than Giannis, Luka or LeBron.  I'm talking about their overall TS% not just their 3pt% - like giving the ball on offense to Giannis is less efficient than KAT shooting that 3.  So that "look at him taking a jumper....so soft..." is trash.  Any smart coach wants KAT scoring the ball about as much as possible.  His overall .654% TS% is pretty amazing for his volume.

Now if you guys want to trash him for being soft on D then you can make yourself a case but calling a guy soft because he shoots 41.8% from 3 and looked to take a 3?  Really?

raw  

You guys are better than that.  Might as well break out your "Dirk was so soft because he shot jumpers on his way to a championship" schtick.

You're saavy, AH.  I'll give you that.  You know full heyul well Hello Kitty isn't seen as sawft for offensive reasons.

• Like 3

On 1/14/2020 at 12:59 PM, macdaddy said:

I think i'd rather have Adams at one more year at $27mil than have to pay Drummond $34 million for the next 4 to keep him.

If those are our only two choices at those pay rates, I would rather pass on both of them.

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Well you do know according to the Squawk every significant non-Hawk in the NBA falls into one of three categories,

1)They are empty calories stat stuffers. or

2)They are not "winners". or

3)They are "soft".

A career 23ppg scorer at 62% TS%, 12rebound per game. Killing it this year, only 24. 

Ridiculous. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, High5 said:

What else are we going to do with that $27.5 million next season? 

We certainly need to use it! 

Here are the current options:

1. Use it either in a trade for or signing a legit player (such as proposed here)
  2. Gather 2-3 players to upgrade a few positions (if we were rounding out our roster for the final Championship push I'd say this)
  3. Watch it sit there and talk about what could happen if we use it while absolutely needing better players/talent on a nightly basis (the worst option)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Right.

You show me a guy who puts up "empty stats", and I'll show you a guy who is legitimately the ONLY star player on his team, surrounded by scrubs.

Trae is said to put up "empty stats", despite creating about 46 ppg and 40% of the teams offense.

Give a guy like Trae a running mate like KAT, and NEITHER guy would be referred to as guys who put up empty stats, because they both would be leading their team to wins.

Lebron couldn't win a championship without decent help,  but he could cause his team to win, and get fairly deep into the playoffs without decent help.  I am not aware of KAT doing that very much.

7 minutes ago, High5 said:

Alright, now what about the other $45 million or whatever it is? 

Okay, okay.  As long as we don't sign Adams to a long extension, or have to trade away good players or lottery picks to get him.  I just personally think he is tremendously overpaid for what he brings to the table.  You know, mediocrity at premium prices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Watchman said:

Lebron couldn't win a championship without decent help,  but he could cause his team to win, and get fairly deep into the playoffs without decent help.  I am not aware of KAT doing that very much.

Lebron ddn't make that deep run until Year 5.

KAT's best teammates each season

Rookie year - Andrew Wiggins, Ricky Rubio . . . 29 wins

2nd year - Andrew Wiggins, Zach Lavine ( injured 1/2 year ) . . . 31 wins

3rd year - Jimmy Butler, Andrew Wiggins . . . 47 wins

4th year - Andrew Wiggins, Derrick Rose

5th year - Andrew Wiggins, Jeff Teague

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, kg01 said:

You're saavy, AH.  I'll give you that.  You know full heyul well Hello Kitty isn't seen as sawft for offensive reasons.

I don’t think you’ve read this thread if you think people haven’t been focused on him asking for the ball to take a 3 or at least initiate the offense from outside the 3pt line.  Nobody was talking about his D.

8 hours ago, AHF said:

I don’t think you’ve read this thread if you think people haven’t been focused on him asking for the ball to take a 3 or at least initiate the offense from outside the 3pt line.  Nobody was talking about his D.

In my defense, I dont read most threads.  Have you seen some of the crap we write?

Anyway, I'm simply saying Kitten has a rep for softness but it's not necessarily only due to his charmin-level offensive game.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

In my defense, I dont read most threads.  Have you seen some of the crap we write?

Anyway, I'm simply saying Kitten has a rep for softness but it's not necessarily only due to his charmin-level offensive game.

He hasn't committed to defense or dirty work the way you'd expect if you could plug MJ's brain in him.  So I'm good calling him soft there.

But his offensive game is elite.  Top 10 in raw points per game but the most efficient scorer among the top 10 by a wide margin with a diverse offensive game that is pretty ideal for today's game with almost 80% of his shots from 3 or at the basket.

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

He hasn't committed to defense or dirty work the way you'd expect if you could plug MJ's brain in him.  So I'm good calling him soft there.

But his offensive game is elite.  Top 10 in raw points per game but the most efficient scorer among the top 10 by a wide margin with a diverse offensive game that is pretty ideal for today's game with almost 80% of his shots from 3 or at the basket.

Yeah, he's able to produce points for himself quite well.  The question, amongst all them fancy-pants analytics and such, is how impactful to winning is he?

I think the current version of his game is not conducive to winning basketball.  That's the problem.  And, sadly, 2020 eggsperts will stop at PER and other nimbers and suggest that he's great ... as long as the nimbers say so.  Well, how do the nimbers account (huh, see what I did there?) for Capela going Indiana Jones-style and snatching Hello Kitty's heart out in that playoff series?

I mean, he showed it to him while it was still beating.  Where's the metric fo' dat?

This feels a little goal post move-y but this is at the .. heart (oh, I'm on a roll) of the issue with players like him.

• Like 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, he's able to produce points for himself quite well.  The question, amongst all them fancy-pants analytics and such, is how impactful to winning is he?

I think the current version of his game is not conducive to winning basketball.  That's the problem.  And, sadly, 2020 eggsperts will stop at PER and other nimbers and suggest that he's great ... as long as the nimbers say so.  Well, how do the nimbers account (huh, see what I did there?) for Capela going Indiana Jones-style and snatching Hello Kitty's heart out in that playoff series?

I mean, he showed it to him while it was still beating.  Where's the metric fo' dat?

This feels a little goal post move-y but this is at the .. heart (oh, I'm on a roll) of the issue with players like him.

He will never win anything while Andrew Wiggins is the second best player on his team.  Neither would James Harden.  If KAT was gone, Minnesota would be the worst roster in the league, imo.

Both of them can seriously impact winning on a good roster, though.

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

He will never win anything while Andrew Wiggins is the second best player on his team.  Neither would James Harden.  If KAT was gone, Minnesota would be the worst roster in the league, imo.

Both of them can seriously impact winning on a good roster, though.

Wiggs is bad.  I still don't totally absolve Hello Kitty though.  He's complicit too.  Although I acknowledge he could be a winning player.  I say 'could' not 'will'.

Happy?

• Moderators

How to react to this post?

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Wiggs is bad.  I still don't totally absolve Hello Kitty though.  He's complicit too.  Although I acknowledge he could be a winning player.  I say 'could' not 'will'.

Happy?

giphy.gif

• Haha 3