• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

22 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I'm okay with passing on Drummond, but I just don't see paying $25 million a year for Adams.  If they'll accept scrubs like Turner, Crabbe and Parsons, then sure, why not, but otherwise...

I think the painful reality is that we have such glaring needs in multiple areas that any one player can’t solve the problems. we are all trusting that we will see some strong progression with our young guns over the next year. That being said, a high caliber center can go a good way toward shoring up the rebounding situation and interior defense.

In that vein of thought then we can see how the addition of a player like Drummond and Adams can improve us. However I am very open to finding a more affordable option at the center spot unless we can land KAT at max (I know that is not happening). Spending 25 mill for anyone player unless they are truly a game changing fit for the Hawks seems reckless with the need to round out our team with more shooters, backup PG, and solid role players. . 

Edited by enrique
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

And then KAT acts like this towards a teammate:

KAT hitting the X button 17 times on this play, but his call for pass was ignored. The nimbers are nice, but no thanks to both.

KAT is the proverbial guy who puts up big empty numbers on a bad team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Watchman said:

KAT is the proverbial guy who puts up big empty numbers on a bad team.

Please stop!

i hate the reference  “empty stats”...they say that about trae but unless you watch every game you can’t give a real opinion on that.

we all watch every hawks game here at the squawk and we KNOW traes offensive impact is mega real and when he’s not on the court we are absolutely pathetic on offense and they can’t buy a bucket to save their  lives! Sure defense steps up without trae but not well enough to stay in games.

Same could  be said about KAT...I wouldn’t make such an assumption he puts up empty stats . I highly doubt it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

KAT hitting the X button 17 times on this play, but his call for pass was ignored. The nimbers are nice, but no thanks to both.

What's wrong with him encouraging Teague to make the right play? 

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, enrique said:

I think the painful reality is that we have such glaring needs in multiple areas that any one player can’t solve the problems. we are all trusting that we will see some strong progression with our young guns over the next year. That being said, a high caliber center can go a good way toward shoring up the rebounding situation and interior defense.

In that vein of thought then we can see how the addition of a player like Drummond and Adams can improve us. However I am very open to finding a more affordable option at the center spot unless we can land KAT at max (I know that is not happening). Spending 25 mill for anyone player unless they are truly a game changing fit for the Hawks seems reckless with the need to round out our team with more shooters, backup PG, and solid role players. . 

How is it risky for us to spend $25M per on Adams for this year and next year?  We can afford to overpay a good solid player this year and next year if we want to strike big in the huge FA market two seasons from now.  That is actually really good timing.

• Like 1

Just to add. People in the industry think Drummond is and will be overpaid. Adams is looked at like Bazemore was. He is good at this cost but not at this rate. People think Adams salary should be near guys like Brook Lopez. Not max young players salary. 

Adams being overpaid is hurting his market value. Same for Schröder 

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think i'd rather have Adams at one more year at $27mil than have to pay Drummond $34 million for the next 4 to keep him.

That is where I'm at as well and why I said Adams is much less risky to me.

• Like 3

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If I get ☝🏾 more of these bs Trump is on a roll $hit ads I’m gonna lose my $hit. Seriously 😒 F these ads. 

Definitely not an agenda anywhere on the political spectrum that we are looking to push.  I've got my own thoughts there but will take them to the political board if anywhere other than b****ing to my wife.

21 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Since when is KAT the PG and primary ball handler? Teague had a lane right to the cup, but just missed a bunny per uge.

KAT is a 42% 3pt shooter and judging by the stat line you posted he was having a very good night. One of the main criticisms about him has been a reluctance to step up and demand the basketball as a star player should. When he actually does that it would be wise to get it to him.

3 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Soft..

• Like 2