• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This has got to be the capper here. If the Knicks don’t want Drummond, the Pistons are in trouble. 

Knicks not interested in Andre Drummond

i_f2_a8_73_andre-drummond.png?w=60

Which bring us to on-the-block Pistons center Andre Drummond, the Mount Vernon, N.Y., native who, according to a Yahoo Sports report Thursday, plans to opt out of the $28 million final year of his contract this summer to become a free agent in a lackluster class. That should lessen other teams’ desire to trade for Drummond at the Feb. 6 deadline. According to an NBA source, the Knicks have no interest in a trade despite a report the Pistons approached them about a deal — and it makes absolutely no sense to give up pawns for Drummond if he’s opting out. But it will also make no sense if the Knicks don’t go after Drummond this July, even if they possess a young 7-foot-1 center they think can develop into something special.

It's a bad sign for the Pistons wanting to trade him, but not a big sign for Drummond. Remember, this is the team that traded a bona fide stud in Porzingis to Dallas, so that they could have a chance to sign both Kyrie and Durant... that saying about a bird in a bush comes to mind and we see how that turned out. New York is a stupid franchise from the top down. I believe teams are choosing to be patient and sign him in the offseason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It was close, we offered OKC 1st and expirings. 

That's interesting. 

3 hours ago, JTB said:

Gores and Schlenk are discussing a new deal centered around Drummond?

Speaking of Schlenk, per Chris Mannix SI...

Drummond has a for-sale sign tattooed to his jersey, with the Pistons reportedly canvassing the league for offers. Atlanta was mentioned early, but there is a league-wide feeling that was more ownership driven, with Hawks owner Tony Ressler known to be frustrated by Atlanta’s poor play this season. 

Steven Koonin was asked about this on his radio show this afternoon, said it was not true....Ressler has an opinion and input just like most in the organization but basketball decisions are made by the basketball operations staff with the final decision made by Schlenk.

2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

It's a bad sign for the Pistons wanting to trade him, but not a big sign for Drummond. Remember, this is the team that traded a bona fide stud in Porzingis 

Knicks make it easy to crap on them, but Porzingas has missed the last 10 games and counting.  I don't think he'll hold up to the rigors of a full NBA season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m just putting this out there but last time we were linked to a player as much and as for so long it turned out to be De’Andre Hunter. 

This is happening again. This time it’s Steven Adams. We seem to have been linked to him for about a year now. 

I know @JayBirdHawk and others have endorsed it. I’m not gonna lie he checks a ton of boxes. ✅ If we happen to be trading in the next month or so, this should be our man. I have a big kiwi 🥝 crush. 😆 Matter of fact I like the entire OKC roster. They keep winning though..

Sign me up. At C, I just want an elite rebounder and screen setter on this squad. Would also be great if they can pass.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Sign me up. At C, I just want an elite rebounder and screen setter on this squad. Would also be great if they can pass.

To me Adams is a underrated passer. Not saying he phenomenal at it but he’s pretty damn good at making good reads.

the only box Adams don’t check is really shooting. Everything else he does pretty well

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I’m just putting this out there but last time we were linked to a player as much and as for so long it turned out to be De’Andre Hunter. 

This is happening again. This time it’s Steven Adams. We seem to have been linked to him for about a year now. 

I know @JayBirdHawk and others have endorsed it. I’m not gonna lie he checks a ton of boxes. ✅ If we happen to be trading in the next month or so, this should be our man. I have a big kiwi 🥝 crush. 😆 Matter of fact I like the entire OKC roster. They keep winning though..

I would be a take on Adams but they wanna move PF Gallanari.   Thunder are 23-18 so they are playing pretty good.  Not sure they move Adams.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Fragile big Kristaps. When he’s healthy he’s on but availability is the best ability.

A lot of time missed and he actually missed all of last year. Bucket load of risk for 27 million this year. Has a player option for 36 million in 2023. Gonna have to play a bunch to truly earn that sum.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

We completely gave up driving the lane and wouldn't double Rose...every time we did Drummond got the flush or offensive rebound and put back

Drummond was only 7-15. He had plenty of our misses to rebound. Rose and the Bench beat us. Drummond was the beneficiary of us trying to force feed the post due to not hitting from outside so the Pistons could leave shooters open and clog the paint. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Drummond was only 7-15. He had plenty of our misses to rebound. Rose and the Bench beat us. Drummond was the beneficiary of us trying to force feed the post due to not hitting from outside so the Pistons could leave shooters open and clog the paint. 

He was a big body in the paint. There is something to be said for a 280 pound man who is not afraid of taking or initiating contact.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Acquiring Drummond is only going to limit our greatness or potential of greatness in the future. We have a plan. Let’s see it through. Temptations will come and go. 

I have to believe Schenk wanted Drummond. Detroits asking price was to much. In short order, why the interest if not part of the plan? Schlenk does not give away 1st unless he is serious.

Drummond almost averaged the same amount of rebounds per minute as our whole team.

17 rebounds in 26 minutes equals .654 per minute.

32 rebounds in 48 minutes equals .667 per minute.

That is just a big french word sad!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I have to believe Schenk wanted Drummond. Detroits asking price was to much. In short order, why the interest if not part of the plan? Schlenk does not give away 1st unless he is serious.

Drummond almost averaged the same amount of rebounds per minute as our whole team.

17 rebounds in 26 minutes equals .654 per minute.

32 rebounds in 48 minutes equals .667 per minute.

That is just a big french word sad!

From what I've heard, Atlanta had an offer and pulled it. 

OKC 1st, Jones, Parsons for Drummond and filler. DET never declined it either. 

Acquiring Drummond is only going to limit our greatness or potential of greatness in the future. We have a plan. Let’s see it through. Temptations will come and go. 

What is that plan?  Stink for multiple years to stock pile high draft picks, hoping that 2-3 of them pan out and become studs?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From what I've heard, Atlanta had an offer and pulled it. 

OKC 1st, Jones, Parsons for Drummond and filler. DET never declined it either. 

I thought you said Detroit wanted more earlier. That is what the article I read the other day said. Needless to say they did not accept it when first offered. All that matters is the rumor was true Schenk wanted him; so he must think he could fit.

With Dummond off the table; I am honestly over it unless we get Adams. Poltl is a good defensive rotation player but nothing special. Bertans would be nice as a shooter off the bench.

I was just going through the splits at basketball reference. Guess whose minutes have been cut since Huerter and Collins came back and whose slightly increased?

Bembry: December 17.0, January 17.6 ( including 20 last night )

Reddish: December 28.3, January 26.9

Hunter: December 32.1, January 27.9

Looks like Huerter did not hurt Bembry's minutes one bit. Last night Teague certainly didn't either. I am almost over LP as well 😋

Edited by Buzzard