• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

I disagree. Building from the bottom was an amazing idea and this is truly the last year we are expected to miss the playoffs.

I wouldn't mind the middle if we were at the middle for real. The middle is a team like Toronto to me. Where we was, was like Detroit. That place is worse than the bottom in the NBA. 

You can make a case that Miami was there too but we aren't Miami. We just don't attract talent like they do on the open market.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree. Building from the bottom was an amazing idea and this is truly the last year we are expected to miss the playoffs.

I wouldn't mind the middle if we were at the middle for real. The middle is a team like Toronto to me. Where we was, was like Detroit. That place is worse than the bottom in the NBA. 

You can make a case that Miami was there too but we aren't Miami. We just don't attract talent like they do on the open market.

This is a myth.  Especially when you consider they didn't "attract" Lebron.

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is a myth.  Especially when you consider they didn't "attract" Lebron.

For whatever reason the Hawks cannot attract top players in FA.  I think one of the issues has been ownership and management.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, KB21 said:

It’s always better to try and build from the middle than it is to bottom out completely like Atlanta did.

How can you say that when so many top 10 picks have been the basis for winning teams? You are ignoring the obvious every time you make this statement.

Here is the obvious for you. Most of those teams that were in the middle, got to the middle after first taking a good pick or two while they were on the bottom; then they moved to the middle. Notice I said "most". I do not doubt there has been some outliers to this; but just check the history and see how many conference final teams got there without great picks they either traded to build or ones they kept that got them there.

Even the current Lakers and Clippers traded away some really nice lottery picked players to get where they are at right now. And we are obviously not LA, so don't expect LeBron or Leonard to come be-bopping to Atlanta to save us a year after we miss the playoffs,

Just so you understand my math. The middle is around 15 in a 30 team league. 10 is the bottom third.

Edited by Buzzard

34 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

For whatever reason the Hawks cannot attract top players in FA.  I think one of the issues has been ownership and management.  

No, you figured right.  These are the reasons, clearly.

We hope resslers group changes this but it'll take time.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How about the Memphis Grizzlies? While we make excuses for our youth and continued losing, their young core of Morant, Jackson, Brooks and Clarke has them playing .500 ball in a tough west. 

The West is not stronger, the match up of East vs West this year is almost a perfect .500 split. The top 6 teams in the West are no better than the top 6 in the East. Great example is last nights Pacers win over the Jazz.

Grizzlies are sitting as the 8th seed right now with several teams under them starting to put it together. If anything the Old Guard West has been a disappointment. They did not lose their 2nd best player for 25 games like we did. JJJ has only missed one game.

I don't think there is a glaring difference between us and the Grizzlies talent wise; but I do think Clarke was NBA ready and Hunter and Reddish need more time.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

They traded their Horford and Millsap.

And got good deals for both. 

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The West is not stronger, the match up of East vs West this year is almost a perfect .500 split. The top 6 teams in the West are no better than the top 6 in the East. Great example is last nights Pacers win over the Jazz.

Grizzlies are sitting as the 8th seed right now with several teams under them starting to put it together. If anything the Old Guard West has been a disappointment. They did not lose their 2nd best player for 25 games like we did. JJJ has only missed one game.

I don't think there is a glaring difference between us and the Grizzlies talent wise; but I do think Clarke was NBA ready and Hunter and Reddish need more time.

Cam and Hunter have bigger roles

10 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I still cant see why VC gets playing time, its mind boggling to me.  

Bembry has been killing me all season. Its like LP sees Bembry as a Vet/Coach out there on the floor. Makes sense, they both bumble and fumble around a lot.

• Haha 2

Well, I guess it’s going to take a 4th year of losing with no chance at the playoffs to realize that the route Atlanta chose is the on that makes it the hardest to get good again.  That 4th year of losing is coming next year.  Adding two more young players isn’t going to change that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Yes they do but Clarke is still playing like he has been in the league before.

I contend that's more indicative of the role he has plus the fact that he's like 30 as a rookie.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm wasn't arguing against bottoming out and or that they bottomed out. 

Yeah, you were just plain arguing since you're such a ... grump cat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3