• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I dunno you were gone for a year and a half, prolly only came back cuz we are struggling.

He also came high stepping over at RealGM, but just like The Squawk dissapeared the 2nd half of last season when things turned around.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, AHF said:

It was for like 1/5 of the time you were gone.  Lots of people wondering where you were.

I’d also say you’ve been smart on your bets.  You say lots of things that you get wrong that you refuse to bet on.  Smart betting but it leads to a disconnect when you claim you are never wrong.

Well, two things.  One, I got a message from phoostal recently that the site was back up.  I had stopped even checking to see if it was back.  

Second, I never claim I’m right about everything.  However, don’t try to tell me I’m wrong about something when I’m clearly right about it.  Such was the entire idea that tanking would lead to anything other than misery.  As I said about, we are 3 years in and are not even close to competing for a playoff spot.  

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Nope 2017-18 was a transition year. We had nothing but Collins as a rookie to build on and a bunch of vets that we needed to flip. The rebuilding hadn’t started.

We count the rebuild when we get our first high draft pick (top 5) and we got that with Trae. So, year one of the rebuild was:

2018-19 : 29-53

2019-20: 10-33 (thus far)

A year and a half. 

Agreed.

The Tear down is the easy part - getting rid of players, being as bad as possible to get as high a pick as possible.

An active rebuild starts when you acquire your 1st high lottery pick. That's Trae - Year 1 that starts the rebuild.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Well, two things.  One, I got a message from phoostal recently that the site was back up.  I had stopped even checking to see if it was back.  

Second, I never claim I’m right about everything.  However, don’t try to tell me I’m wrong about something when I’m clearly right about it.  Such was the entire idea that tanking would lead to anything other than misery.  As I said about, we are 3 years in and are not even close to competing for a playoff spot.  

I agree and would have taken another route but we are here now.  We are in the doldrums of not winning and it was a positive getting Teague in a trade to try and stabilize the backcourt.  For the future we have many needs and will see what happens in the regards to the GM moves that will be made.  I'm not sold that this will turn out with a championship level team at any point because too much is left to luck.  We will see.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I agree and would have taken another route but we are here now.  We are in the doldrums of not winning and it was a positive getting Teague in a trade to try and stabilize the backcourt.  For the future we have many needs and will see what happens in the regards to the GM moves that will be made.  I'm not sold that this will turn out with a championship level team at any point because too much is left to luck.  We will see.  

It’s always better to try and build from the middle than it is to bottom out completely like Atlanta did.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

How do you figure that?  He scored at an approximately equal rate, but Drummond out-rebounded him by a long shot.   Their +/- was very similar for the time they played.

After watching the game and other film I am not 100% sold on Drummond.  He is as physically talented as any at his size.   His numbers are undeniable.  He will put up numbers wherever he is the issue may be in Detroit and anywhere he goes does he fit in with the team on offensive and defensive side of the ball.  Will he have to be the focus of the offense?  Can he blend in with Trae who is now the leader of the Hawks?   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, turnermx said:

There is a reason Pistons have a losing record and he is right in the middle of it, as a veteran player, playing with veteran players that comprise their core. This team is 16-27. Why? Maybe lesser AD is a big part of the problem? WE are supposed to lose this year, as Schlenk said, predicting 30 wins. The Pistons are desperate to unload this cat on someone and I don't want it to be us.  Just read Detroit Free Press on this issue.

You don't think it might have something to do with Griffin being a shadow of his former self this year, and the absence of Jackson?  How about the fact that the roster outside of Drummond and Rose is not particularly noteworthy?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Watchman said:

How do you figure that?  He scored at an approximately equal rate, but Drummond out-rebounded him by a long shot.   Their +/- was very similar for the time they played.

Eye test. Wood ignited their second unit on defense, got their offense into transition for easy buckets. He is also a threat from the perimeter unlike Drummond. He played 16 vs 27 min for Drummond so of course his production wasn't as great but his minutes on the floor were more impactful. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, turnermx said:

Eye test. Wood ignited their second unit on defense, got their offense into transition for easy buckets. He is also a threat from the perimeter unlike Drummond. He played 16 vs 27 min for Drummond so of course his production wasn't as great but his minutes on the floor were more impactful. 

I just pointed out that their production was similar on a per minute basis, other than Wood's lesser rebounding.  You say his minutes were more impactful, how do you make that determination?  "Eye test" is not really reliable, as people's perceptions vary.  The +/- on a per minute basis is quite similar.  Same with scoring.  Rebounding was Drummond by far.

58 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

After watching the game and other film I am not 100% sold on Drummond.  He is as physically talented as any at his size.   His numbers are undeniable.  He will put up numbers wherever he is the issue may be in Detroit and anywhere he goes does he fit in with the team on offensive and defensive side of the ball.  Will he have to be the focus of the offense?  Can he blend in with Trae who is now the leader of the Hawks?   

Yup this. I’m not saying he’s a bad individual player, he’s great the statistics show that, he just doesn’t seem to effect winning and he would change the dynamic of our schemes. He just doesn’t seem to fit with us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Surely part of the plan in question is no more suspensions and avoid injuries (this one unfortunately can be a roll of the dice of course). Six rotational players with four of them definite starters moving forward and they were acquired in three drafts. That part sounds like we have a plan and are on a positive track. 

• Like 3