• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If that happens, I'll do a holy ghost dance, film it, turn it into a gif for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Agreed.  What TF is "shoulder impingement"?

Same injury kyrie has I think. lol

7 minutes ago, High5 said:

I feel like you never look at these trades from the other team's perspective. Detroit is absolutely going to demand at least one promising asset in the return. The Brooklyn first or Bruno at least.

It's not my opinion that DET doesn't want an asset. They literally pulled him off the market and said they wanted to resign him because they didn't like the offers of two 2nd rounders in the 2020 draft. So my guess is it would take more than that but you must realize, that Brooklyn 1st was NEVER on the market from what I've heard. Travis wants to keep both picks. My guess is maybe just maybe Atlanta finally is open to trading OKC's pick or maybe even Bruno who I heard wasn't available previously. That said, my guess is Bruno is still not available. None of the youngins were. That's the case with most rebuilding teams as well unless we talking someone like KAT. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

They can demand whatever they want, but why would anyone give up a promising asset for Drummond?. Question is who has the leverage? Is keeping Drummond next year at 28 million with no shot at a playoff spot where Detroit wants to be next year? All it does is eat up their cap room and add a few extra meaningless wins that will hurt their draft lottery odds next year. Detroit will take the best offer they can get for Drummond and it won't be a good one. 

What team is in a rush for a non shooting big man that plays sub-par defense? The list is not long. 

Woj also reported that Drummond is unlikely to exercise his option next season so it's not like they desperately need to get rid of his contract. I feel like they'd prefer to keep some options open rather than just dump him for some garbage now. 

7 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I don't know about this.  Sounds like this report leaking might be some leveraging going on with other teams.

DET clearly leaking this like PHI leaked the Fultz teams which was us, Orlando and a couple of others. They want to get bigger offers if possible. The thing is, most teams don't value Drummond future FA asking price and most don't want to trade an asset for a rental. I am not sure why Atlanta would do it but my guess is the price is right at their current offer. Even if he opts in, it's still a bad contract.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Woj also reported that Drummond is unlikely to exercise his option next season so it's not like they desperately need to get rid of his contract. I feel like they'd prefer to keep some options open rather than just dump him for some garbage now. 

Why would he not exercise his option? I don't understand that part. He wants to not make 28 million next year??

• Like 2

Drummonds clearly will take care of rebounding issues along with JC when he’s on the floor and he will finish plays around the basket and probably will remain a 20 point man with Trae as his point guard.

i understand the defense may not be as good as he once was but LP should be able to motivate him to being a good defender again. 

the make up of the hawks roster with cam and hunter on the wings should provide an easier time for Drummond to impact the defensive end. 

overall I think our roster fits Drummond way better than the pistons . There’s are things we have to worry about on defense like the pick and roll or pop but like I said a month ago if LP is such a mastermind on defense he should be able to find a way or a scheme perhaps to control that .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

DET clearly leaking this like PHI leaked the Fultz teams which was us, Orlando and a couple of others. They want to get bigger offers if possible. The thing is, most teams don't value Drummond future FA asking price and most don't want to trade an asset for a rental. I am not sure why Atlanta would do it but my guess is the price is right at their current offer. 

Let’s just get him without giving away much and see how it goes I say. If we don’t want to keep him after he opts in to his final year (which is likely what he will do) then so be it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

They can demand whatever they want, but why would anyone give up a promising asset for Drummond?. Question is who has the leverage? Is keeping Drummond next year at 28 million with no shot at a playoff spot where Detroit wants to be next year? All it does is eat up their cap room and add a few extra meaningless wins that will hurt their draft lottery odds next year. Detroit will take the best offer they can get for Drummond and it won't be a good one. 

What team is in a rush for a non shooting big man that plays sub-par defense? The list is not long. 

So why should we want him? lol

I am not gonna lie, I am not feeling this. Drummond is an upgrade, yes. But he doesn't space the floor, doesn't communicate well on D, doesn't always give effort, doesn't shoot the ball well, and his passing is up and down. 

I get that he is a decent scorer, elite rebounder, solid rim protector and a great rim runner but he has too many flaws for the modern NBA at the center position. He ain't a different maker in all honesty. 

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Let’s just get him without giving away much and see how it goes I say. If we don’t want to keep him after he opts in to his final year (which is likely what he will do) then so be it.

I honestly don't even want to get him. Especially if it costs us the OKC 1st or Bruno. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Why would he not exercise his option? I don't understand that part. He wants to not make 28 million next year??

Maybe he just means he won't exercise his option with Detroit. Either way, I don't feel like they're desperate enough to take a couple of 2nds and call it a day. We'll see. 

I’d pass. I hate to be the unsexy one here..something I’m never used to anyways at party’s but let the bs media rumors start. 

@kg01 I’m surprised you broke this. Why you. You don’t like Drummond? Hell you don’t like anyone. Lol. 🧐 

I don’t really want Drummond. 

Then again if Trae has a bad shooting night Drummond could break Wilt’s single game rebounding record of 55 boards. Damn think about that. 55 boards in one game. Ok, Drummond would get like 34 😆 

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not gonna lie, I am not feeling this. Drummond is an upgrade, yes. But he doesn't space the floor, doesn't communicate well on D, doesn't always give effort, doesn't shoot the ball well, and his passing is up and down. 

I get that he is a decent scorer, elite rebounder, solid rim protector and a great rim runner but he has too many flaws for the modern NBA at the center position. He ain't a different maker in all honesty. 

It’s @kg01 fault. Let throw 🍅 at him ..

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28416633/pistons-hawks-talked-andre-drummond-trade-sources-say

The Hawks have discussed sending a package that includes a 2020 first-round pick via the Brooklyn Nets and the salary cap relief of expiring contracts for Detroit, league sources said. A potential deal would include other assets.

BNK pick and Parsons fits that.  "Other assets" smells like Bembry.

Honestly, I hope we're smoke-screenin' on an Adams dealio.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don’t want your man 👨 😆 

• Haha 1