• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020 Draft Talk

KB21

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

It's just a messageboard, bro.  Fodder for discussion.

If you're gonna 'bwah, I dunno what's gonna happen, so I won't say nuthin' your way out, then .... c'mon, man.

You're better than that, AH (Mark Jackson voice)

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

For who? 

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I don't even know.  I'm just done with rookies.  D. O. N. E.  Somebody'll be available when the time comes.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Supes in about 2 seconds on why he’s the best big.. 😆 

Is he a Center? I view Ded as a 1 year stop gap Toppin can learn from next season (if we pick a C)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is he a Center? I view Ded as a 1 year stop gap Toppin can learn from next season (if we pick a C)

Small ball center. But mainly a 6’9” 220 power forward. Projected lottery, it’ll be interesting to see Obi Toppin vs Onyeka Okongwu whose the same height but 25 lbs heavier at 245. I like both. We need some beef 🥩 up from. 

If we know we are losing out or not getting Trez in free agency, we might need to look at one of these two dudes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saw Toppin abuse the Dawgs early in the year but you know how Crean likes playing small forwards as bigs. Hard to tell from that one game really but he does score and rebound  consistently against good teams so surely a solid rotation forward in the NBA at the very least would think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Saw Toppin abuse the Dawgs early in the year but you know how Crean likes playing small forwards as bigs. Hard to tell from that game really but he does score  and rebound  against good teams so surely a solid rotation forward in the NBA at the very least would think.

If it’s not a top 5 pick I’m in favor of flipping it or at least listening 👂🏽 hard.

• Like 1

The Hawks don't need another young big.  They have Bruno, John, and Capella.  Potentially Skal if Schlenk is being honest about wanting him.  Probably will get another in free agency.

To me the Hawks should drat another wing/guard that can get his own shot, shoot, and defend at a decent clip. 

My top three in that category

1.  Anthony Edwards - My lying eyes tell me if he puts it all together, he's going to be one of the best scorers in the league and he's flashed some defensive potential.  He's also flashed some good vision and passing ability.  He just hasn't put it all together yet.  Remember he doesn't turn 19 until next AUGUST! 

2. Lamelo Ball - Trae's vision without the shot.  Needs tons of work defensively. If he can put in the work on the defensive end, he'll be a good compliment when Trae's not on the floor. He's much more aggressive than Lonzo and I believe he'll be a better scorer once he gets his NBA legs and body.

. Killian Hayes - This kid will be good.  He has great vision and he's just as young as Edwards. His game is much more well rounded as Edwards though.  Most pundits question his athletiscm, but if he can learn how to hesitate he'll be find in the nba.  He's also a special passer.  Not a great shooter though. He's shown some improvement on the defensive end this year too. I beleive he'll be he Hawks most likely pick if they don't have lottery luck.  6'5" point guard with ability to  play the two.

Actually, all of these guys are pretty young and will be 18 when drafted.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m very intrigued. He’s a guy everyone seems to love. I’m gonna study him more.

Added a highlight video above.  Wish there were more scouting videos on everyone. I really miss draft express it had their strengths and weaknesses. I guess I could post the ESPN videos of each prospect breaking down their games with Mike Schmidt, but I hate to give that dodo network clicks.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think we are still on BPA mode. 

In my opinion tier 1 this year is Wiseman and Edwards, if they are available draft then and do not look back.

On tier 2 I like Haliburton, Hayes, Cole Anthony, Lamelo Ball, Okongwu and Toppin. I still have not separated them in groups qnd like all of them for some reasons.

• Like 1

Still looking at SF and PF in the draft myself and do understand two way guys are rare. PG would be just a tad lower on the list because of our existing roster." Immediate needs" which I know are dirty words to Schlenk I think really are for a guy behind Hunter, JC and then Trae in that particular order. When grabbing vets, healthy quality ones this time around please. Still wouldn't mind using some secondary assets to pick up a player late in the first either really. Nwora is a SF type that can light it up from anywhere on the floor for example and there is plenty of room for a late first on the fifteen man roster. An off year for the draft really but think Schlenk may make it interesting anyway.

• Like 1

Obi Toppin isn't particularly big for a PF, but he's not a SF in any kind of way. It'll be similar arguments to the ones that I've seen about "oh Hunter should play SG, he could develop like Kawhi Leonard did if he played SG".

In some ways, he's a lot like a slightly younger...John Collins. Except the 3 point jumper is already showing in college. 

part of the reason he's very highly rated is due to this draft being crap. I like him but he feels role playerish to me.

• Like 1

Just now, kg01 said:

About time.  I've only been touting this dude for a couple months.

Yes you, Supes Marco have been all into the college game this year much more than myself. To be honest I didn’t think we’d be in the lottery. I’m trying to break down his game and how it relates to the NBA. He’s seems like a very high IQ heady combo guard. I’m not mad. I do like a few prospects so far a lot.

Anthony 🐜 Edwards 

James Wiseman

Onyeka Okongwu (although he reminds me of Ike Diogu..better fit for today’s nba than when Ike went at it)

Obi Toppin  Power above the rim but handles really well for a big. He’s kind of a throwback tough dude. A bit like Kmart Kenyon.

Cole Anthony I like lineage and pedigree. Even though his dad couldn’t hit a jumper to save his life..my bad Greg.

Isaac Okoro Freak athlete and never hurts to add another defender. With Cam and Hunter imagine we add this kid. 😬 

• Like 1