• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

good weather isn't enough to compensate for killer taxes. 😄

That statement alone makes me think that you may have not actually been to a hotel 🏨 in California but perhaps mistook it when you listened to “hotel California” perhaps! 😃 

• Premium Member

More seriously, my last foray across that border took me to San Diego... and wouldn't ya know it, it happened to be the only 3 days ever that it was 10 degrees warmer and sunnier in Louisiana than in SD, where it just rained... no, poured... practically the entire time I was there.

But I still had to pay them killer taxes, of course, on everything. 😞

Oh yeah... and can we talk about traffic? And gas prices? No, let's not.

• Moderators

In the midwest here.  Our office is debating whether to open the doors, permit remote work or encourage remote work when the stay at home order is no longer in effect.  I think there will be contrasting views among the management team.

• Like 1

Salary team where I am just got hit with a 2 week unpaid furlough to be taken between now and the end of June.  Senior staff that still have to work, wlll be taking a temporary pay cut. 

I believe most of our staff will take one week in May and one week in June.  Since I'm on the staff, but paid by the hour, this doesn't affect me at this point.

Yep. Just got informed by the person immediately above me ( but not my boss ), that he's going to be off 1 week in May and 1 week in June.

And guess who gets to take on part of his work . . . 

• Sad 2

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-update.html

21% of New York City residents tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies in a study. Far higher than the numbers in the California studies, as I correctly surmised.

It would also mean that the fatality rate from the virus was relatively low, about 0.5 percent, Mr. Cuomo said.

Only about 2.5 times your 'correct' surmise.

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Only about 2.5 times your 'correct' surmise.

That's the rate for New York. They were hit the worst in the nation. Of course it's a little higher than my 0.2 to 0.3% national projection. A rate 0.5% in New York, ground zero for Covid-19, would be a validation of everything I have been saying. A disproportionate number of Covid-19 deaths are in New York. Still think it's 2%?

Edited by bleachkit

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That's the rate for New York. They were hit the worst in the nation. Of course it's a little higher than my 0.2 to 0.3% national projection. A rate 0.5% in New York, ground zero for Covid-19, would be a validation of everything I have been saying. A disproportionate number of Covid-19 deaths are in New York. Still think it's 2%?

whatever dude.  i believe it's around 1% but everyone else's point on here is that it's level is significantly higher than seasonal flu (as evidenced here 5 times higher) and therefore a huge impact on the healthcare system if we don't take any social distancing measures.   EVERY thing points to that being the case.    

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

whatever dude.  i believe it's around 1% but everyone else's point on here is that it's level is significantly higher than seasonal flu (as evidenced here 5 times higher) and therefore a huge impact on the healthcare system if we don't take any social distancing measures.   EVERY thing points to that being the case.    

I think bleach agrees with taking the preventative / management social distancing measures.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Yes, I have consistently said it's likely 2 to 3 times deadlier than flu. 5 times in New York would not be surprising at all. But you are adjusting your number down in half from 2% to 1%, that's clearly a concession. If the number is O.5% in New York, I don't see how it gets to 1% nationally.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I think bleach agrees with taking the preventative / management social distancing measures.

I do. Sorry If I'm taking this a little personally. But literally everyone has told me I'm wrong. I have been banned from facebook groups for posting "misinformation" about fatality rates. I have been given a month long ban from the Atlanta falcons message board for similar reasons. Now the evidence is suggesting I was actually right about those fatality rates.