• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coaching!

Peoriabird

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you don't develop your young bigs even though John Collins missed 25 games and Len was hurt the majority of that stretch.  Instead you play Vince Carter in that role who was far worse than Damien Jones?  I'm not understanding either explanation.

There's where you're wrong.  Evidence being the fact that they'll both be outta the league for good after the '19-'20 season.

Bruno got as much time as he could handle (which is not much).

Can we pop on over to the draft discussion where, based on what you're saying here, you're now in favor of us not drafting Wiseman, btw?

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's where you're wrong.  Evidence being the fact that they'll both be outta the league for good after the '19-'20 season.

Bruno got as much time as he could handle (which is not much).

Can we pop on over to the draft discussion where, based on what you're saying here, you're now in favor of us not drafting Wiseman, btw?

? Where did I say that I am not in favor of drafting Wiseman?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Why would the front office want LP to play Vince at center and power forward rather than giving Bruno and Damien Jones more minutes

Bruno wasn't ready.

And Jones was really, really, really bad!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

? Where did I say that I am not in favor of drafting Wiseman?

If you think Bruno is set to be a major contributor, there's no room for Wiseman here.

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh ok so I didn’t misread it. I was like like wait, Peo wanted Wise and now..

I'm confused too.  If he wants Wiseman, that essentially admits Bruno isn't in the plans.  But, in a clear effort to undermine the coach, he's touting Bruno as if he was somehow unjustifiably blocked from being developed by CLP.  Well, if you draft Wiseman, he's being drafted over Bruno which means he won't be getting the development focus.  Which is it?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If you think Bruno is set to be a major contributor, there's no room for Wiseman here.

I'm confused too.  If he wants Wiseman, that essentially admits Bruno isn't in the plans.  But, in a clear effort to undermine the coach, he's touting Bruno as if he was somehow unjustifiably blocked from being developed by CLP.  Well, if you draft Wiseman, he's being drafted over Bruno which means he won't be getting the development focus.  Which is it?

This Peo problem falls in line with the Supes problem (kinda). He loves Toppin but not Collins as much. I guess it’s not exactly the same but contradictory no less.

Supes wants to draft Toppin to either grow with Collins (somehow) or us to flip JC

Peo wanted Wiseman but also wanted Bruno, now Wise is out... I think..

Spud, all he ever wanted to was Damian Jones to get another shot at it. (GREEN FONT) ..

Seriously I was kidding don’t kill me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

This Peo problem falls in line with the Supes problem (kinda). He loves Toppin but not Collins as much. I guess it’s not exactly the same but contradictory no less.

Supes wants to draft Toppin to either grow with Collins (somehow) or us to flip JC

Peo wanted Wiseman but also wanted Bruno, now Wise is out... I think..

Spud, all he ever wanted to was Damian Jones to get another shot at it. (GREEN FONT) ..

Seriously I was kidding don’t kill me.

They're both very similar.  Want things that they actually don't want .... or do they?  Confused but don't really know it.  Wait, have we uncovered a conspiracy?  A supes-peo alter situation? 😲

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Jones started 20 games in November and december and was playing over 25 minutes a game.  Don't know how you can make the case that LP didn't give him a good run.   After Jabari was gone there was exactly one person available to play backup PF and that was Vince

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bruno wasn't ready.

And Jones was really, really, really bad!

Vince was worse!  So I don't understand why the front office would want to play the player who was retiring with no future with the team.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We are talking last year when we didn't know our draft position and still don't.  No one has any idea whether Wiseman will be available when we draft so one has nothing to do with the other.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This Peo problem falls in line with the Supes problem (kinda). He loves Toppin but not Collins as much.

Where did you get this? I'm one of the biggest Collins fans on this board!  You been drinking or something?

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Vince was worse!  So I don't understand why the front office would want to play the player who was retiring with no future with the team.

As bad as Vince was, he knew how to actually play basketball - which helps the guards/wings - whereas neither Bruno nor Jones do.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Where did you get this? I'm one of the biggest Collins fans on this board!  You been drinking or something?

He was talking about supes.  Supes loves Toppin but hates Collins even though Toppin's best case scenario is basically Collins.  Crazy.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What numbers back up this claim?

Was he ideal?  Clearly not.  That's not what I'm saying.  But you erode from your own credibility when you suggest Carter wasn't a better basketball player than Bruno or Jones (even combined).  And I'm just talking about last season.

• Moderators

My $.02 on Bruno / Damian / Vince:

First, I would have liked to have seen more minutes for Bruno.  Said that before.  I know he had off-court issues and am not sure how much of that affected his play time / availability, but he was the most worthwhile use of those minutes, imo.

Second, Jones made it clear he has no present or future.  After giving him enough run to confirm that, it is a choice between playing the ineffective youngster on his way out of the league or playing the ineffective HOFer.  Likely what made this an easier choice was the fact that Vince had a much better idea where to be on offense and defense so that it made for a better developmental environment for our core guys even though Vince's game was done.  Said another way, with Jones being both ineffective and missing assignments, in the wrong space, etc. guys like Cam and Hunter could play their role better with Vince at least being in the right place for our sets on both ends of the floor.  The plan was to play JC and then Parker.  When those were taken off the table, we had to give minutes to people who were outmatched in a variety of dimensions.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

No that’s Supes. The Collins thing. If you go back and read..and whatever ya I’m blaming you for everything that’s going bad in the world 🌎 ok peo! 🤦‍♀️ 

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

My $.02 on Bruno / Damian / Vince:

First, I would have liked to have seen more minutes for Bruno.  Said that before.  I know he had off-court issues and am not sure how much of that affected his play time / availability, but he was the most worthwhile use of those minutes, imo.

Second, Jones made it clear he has no present or future.  After giving him enough run to confirm that, it is a choice between playing the ineffective youngster on his way out of the league or playing the ineffective HOFer.  Likely what made this an easier choice was the fact that Vince had a much better idea where to be on offense and defense so that it made for a better developmental environment for our core guys even though Vince's game was done.  Said another way, with Jones being both ineffective and missing assignments, in the wrong space, etc. guys like Cam and Hunter could play their role better with Vince at least being in the right place for our sets on both ends of the floor.  The plan was to play JC and then Parker.  When those were taken off the table, we had to give minutes to people who were outmatched in a variety of dimensions.  

It would've been much easier to just say, "Yup, kg's right."

Would've saved you the 6 hours of linguistics we know it took to cut your Kentucky drawl outta this very well articulated response.

😎

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yup, kg's right."

Sorry this has nothing about you being right but more about me being right about Keldon Johnson and what a great prospect I thought he was a few years back. 

Oh, the only reason I quoted your thing was to make sure you read mine. 😘