• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coaching!

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You know he's 'just a coach' and not a miracle worker, right?🤔

Bembry - some guys just can't be helped.
Huerter - we've talked adnauseum about him, not rehashing, you can search the many posts for Huerter specific thoughts, but you blamed LP for Huerter's bad diet last offseason, so nothing new, just expected.
Bruno - my one wish was that Bruno played more minutes
Dorsey - played 27 games under LP averaging 9 minutes, then he was traded so I'm not surnohow that falls to Pierce.
Prince - do you know he actually had worse stats under your boy Atkinson this past season than he did under LP in his 1 season....mmmmmm
Jones - wonder why he didn't get better under Championship Coach Kerr in 3 years, but LP should work miracles. Got it.
Fatty Spellman - I guess it's LP's fault he couldn't keep Spellman from the late night refrigerator binges before he got traded, wonder why Kerr couldn't improve him either, he's now Minny's problem.
Treveon Graham - 22 games played, why don't you tell us what you would have liked LP to do? He was also with your boy Atkinson in Brooklyn, (before Minny) why didn't he improve him then.
GL player Charlie Brown? Who played 10 games averaging 4 mpg???? I don't know how to answer that.

Again, no one his calling Pierce the perfect coach. He is a 2nd year WIP coach. Just like our young core players, there are things he needs to work on to improve.

Actually there wasn't noticeable improve in Hunter's play or Cam's play except Cam's shooting. Everyone's defense never improved especially Prince. Prince's decision making was exceptionally bad under Pierce so was Bembry.

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just so I don't clutter the 'Ask Supes' thread with coaching stuff, I'm posting this here:

And I'll just leave this here:

And this...

There's more, but why bother....

warped.gif

I could read stuff like this all day.

I know this is secretly a bash Pierce thread since praising him is not acceptable to the OP, but I love the attention to detail that LP has with these guys. 

Cam is going to look like a new players if he can drop his hips and also be shot ready more consistently.

Genuinely excited. Wish there were more vets to learn from too.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I could read stuff like this all day.

I know this is secretly a bash Pierce thread since praising him is not acceptable to the OP, but I love the attention to detail that LP has with these guys. 

Cam is going to look like a new players if he can drop his hips and also be shot ready more consistently.

Genuinely excited. Wish there were more vets to learn from too.

They are only working on his shooting not his entire gsme

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

That you're lying? Okay, I'm down for that. 🥴

What is it about this coach that have you guys attacking me to defend him when he is the one whose team have under performed?  Then your defense is his team is terrible.  When I criticize the GM , he is defended too.  This is strange at the very least.  There is some reason this team cannot compete with the like of Cleveland and Chicago.  Either the GM stinks or the coach.  In my opinion, both do

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

What is it about this coach that have you guys attacking me to defend him when he is the one whose team have under performed?  Then your defense is his team is terrible.  When I criticize the GM , he is defended too.  This is strange at the very least.  There is some reason this team cannot compete with the like of Cleveland and Chicago.  Either the GM stinks or the coach.  In my opinion, both do

You're the one throwing out BS arguments and bringing up coaching in every other thread. You obvisously want attention so you got it.

Haven't attacked you once, but a lie is a lie.  You saying shit you can't prove. So there you have it.  If you don't like it block me.  

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

You're the one throwing out BS arguments and bringing up coaching in every other thread. You obvisously want attention so you got it.

Haven't attacked you once, but a lie is a lie.  You saying shit you can't prove. So there you have it.  If you don't like it block me.  

The proof is 20 wins last year.  What more do you need to see?  The play of the team was terrible in many phases of the game Specifically defense, turnovers and rebounding.  The result have been terrible with this coaching staff period

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

The proof is 20 wins last year.  What more do you need to see?  The play of the team was terrible in many phases of the game Specifically defense, turnovers and rebounding.  The result have been terrible with this coaching staff period

Nothing. 

22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Misleading. 20 wins when we didn't even finish the season and we were playing much better.

LP has been here 1.75 seasons. You act like he has had forever to turn around a rebuilding team. Even Bud only won 24 games his last season.

The team cant underperform when the expectations werent to win.

This is where you are off base. No where did the Owner, GM, Coach or anyone in the org say that we were supposed to be a winning team last year. That was on us, the fans, the outsiders.

Next season is different. They have been throwing around the playoff word a lot. They have set the expectations that its go time. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

No where did the Owner, GM, Coach or anyone in the org say that we were supposed to be a winning team last year. That was on us, the fans, the outsiders.

Why didn't the team try to win last year?  Were they tanking for a draft pick  nobody wants in this draft?  Were they trying to loose to attract free agents?  Losing on purpose last year made no sense so if that was the plan then Schlenks is not a good GM.