• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member

General manager Travis Schlenk has the means necessary to ensure the Hawks are in playoff contention this season. There’s no reason to not fill out the roster with quality players, even if there’s not a megastar to throw money at this year. With that said, I’ve heard as of now to not expect the Hawks to be aggressive with some of the bigger names out there like Fred VanVleet or restricted free agents Brandon Ingram or Bogdan Bogdanovic. That could change depending on what happens in the draft. One source said he expects the team to be “aggressive but smart,” that one player in the class isn’t going to dramatically alter the direction of the franchise but two or three players can.

“We’re not just going to pay a guy so we can look good on paper,” he said.

https://theathletic.com/2195389/2020/11/13/atlanta-hawks-travis-schlenk-nba-offseason/

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not mad at the idea that Schlenk is looking mainly for depth and to build deep roster more so than adding one big name piece this offseason....however let’s just hope it’s quality players . Trying to find a bargain may leave you empty handed! And that’s just facts! 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I have a strong suspension that we're getting DeRozan.  I mean, the Lakers signing Goldmember really solidified it for me.   He fits a lot of the boxes that we've been rumored to have.   He's a Vet 2 that can play defense.   My problem is that he's not nearly a shooter from outside.   However, his midrange game may be what we need. 

His size is a good fit for defensive assignments.   And San Antonio are on a rebuild.   

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I have a strong suspension that we're getting DeRozan.  I mean, the Lakers signing Goldmember really solidified it for me.   He fits a lot of the boxes that we've been rumored to have.   He's a Vet 2 that can play defense.   My problem is that he's not nearly a shooter from outside.   However, his midrange game may be what we need. 

His size is a good fit for defensive assignments.   And San Antonio are on a rebuild.   

Animations by SimplySonia — …WHO? WWE Legend & Tough Enough Trainer Stone...

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Animations by SimplySonia — …WHO? WWE Legend & Tough Enough Trainer Stone...

Yeah.. I know.  I would rather stand pat that to get DeMarr or Gordon or the rumored trade for Siakam. 

Trey, JC, Capella, and The young guns deserve time. 

Cam and Hunter... could be great. 

• Like 1