• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member

No Mo Jo?

Free agent guard Joe Harris met with Brooklyn's new head coach Steve Nash this week. 

All signs are pointing to Harris and the Nets quickly coming to terms on a new deal when free agency opens later this fall. Nets GM Sean Marks called re-signing Harris his No. 1 priority, and Nash is obviously on board with that. The feeling is mutual with Harris, who said his "ideal scenario" is to return to the Nets. That might be bad news for his fantasy value though, as he would be the No. 4 or No. 5 option on a loaded offense. 

SOURCE: NY Post

Im an outsider, but human behavior tells me this is not the time/year for FAs to bounce all over the place. Too much uncertainty to start over somewhere when your family is still dealing with a pandemic. 
I foresee many players opting to stay put on short or 1 yr deals and waiting for more stable offseasons with more available suiters than this one.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2020 at 11:38 AM, NBASupes said:

Damn near every FA. Some rumors from my Bay guy is he's looking at returning to the Clippers. That would be interesting. That would mean they chose Danilo over Marcus then

Depending on the Full MLE, they could use that to land him

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Are the Bulls hanging on to Otto Porter?   I think he's on an expensive PO for one more year right?  and coming off injury.  If healthy i wouldn't mind having him around if the Bulls are cleaning house. 

$28 million dollar player option, likely he picks it up.  I'd take him into our capspace, Bulls would probably want some kind of asset, we can offer a plethora of 2nds.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

$28 million dollar player option, likely he picks it up.  I'd take him into our capspace, Bulls would probably want some kind of asset, we can offer a plethora of 2nds.

No brainer that he picks that up.  Doubt he would get half of that as a FA.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No doubt.  But they probably have little motivation to move him i guess.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No doubt.  But they probably have little motivation to move him i guess.  

Saving themselves $20M in a year where they won't be competing.  He has played 29 games out of the last 147 games and averages 11.0 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.8 apg, 15.6 PER, .124 WS/48, etc.  Other than his 3pt%, he is oft hurt and thoroughly mediocre.  I could definitely see him being moved for relief.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Saving themselves $20M in a year where they won't be competing.  He has played 29 games out of the last 147 games and averages 11.0 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.8 apg, 15.6 PER, .124 WS/48, etc.  Other than his 3pt%, he is oft hurt and thoroughly mediocre.  I could definitely see him being moved for relief.

mmmm...now that I think about it, we should be the ones getting an asset for that salary dump.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

mmmm...now that I think about it, we should be the ones getting an asset for that salary dump.

Yeah but it's an expiring right.   I think if he can be healthy (very big if) that he'd be decent for us off the bench.   But that's only if we have the space.  

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah but it's an expiring right.   I think if he can be healthy (very big if) that he'd be decent for us off the bench.   But that's only if we have the space.  

Right now we have space.  $42 million, so that leaves us with $14 million to fill backup PG and PF.

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Right now we have space.  $42 million, so that leaves us with $14 million to fill backup PG and PF.

Nah...I would pass. He would That's a lot to tie up for a rental bench player, even if its one year. Maybe as a last resort, but Im hoping we can use our capspace for guys who want to be here and want to make an impact. No more salary dumps for me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nah...I would pass. He would That's a lot to tie up for a rental bench player, even if its one year. Maybe as a last resort, but Im hoping we can use our capspace for guys who want to be here and want to make an impact. No more salary dumps for me

Excuse my typos lately.

Im a notoriously fast typer and for whatever reason my edit button has gone away otherwise I would touch these up.

Has that feature been removed or is it just me?

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Excuse my typos lately.

Im a notoriously fast typer and for whatever reason my edit button has gone away otherwise I would touch these up.

Has that feature been removed or is it just me?

tenor.gif?itemid=8096912

I kid.  I can edit.

25 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Need to edit?  See the three dots above the time posted?  Click there.  It should pull up edit !!

I know.  I have to use it frequently.

:smug:

When I hit the dots it only prompts me to report or share, the edit option no longer shows up on mine