• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

Would y'all be opposed to Elfrid Payton as a backup point guard. I think he'd be okay in that role.

My gawd, just looked at his putrid three point and free throw percentages.  He can run a second unit though. Haven't reserched his defense.

Edited by marco102

23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Would y'all be opposed to Elfrid Payton as a backup point guard. I think he'd be okay in that role.

My gawd, just looked at his putrid three point and free throw percentages.  He can run a second unit though. Haven't reserched his defense.

Pass...

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Read a tweet today that showed how frequently Payton and Randle passed the ball to each other. Apparently didn't help the team chemistry. Kinda cracked up at that. 

Skylar Mays mentioned that Garrett Temple has been helping him prep for the NBA (LSU connection). If you want a player to fill the Vince "role," it's probably him. 

"He's the greatest teammate I've ever had," Washington Wizards star Bradley Beal said in early August. "He's a true brother to me, a true mentor. I always credit him for teaching me how to be a true professional in the game of basketball and in the NBA."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-warriors-signing-garrett-temple-free-agency-would-be-great-add

• Premium Member

An increase in fines for tampering, for entering into unauthorized agreements with players and even for talking about players under contract elsewhere passed unanimously, commissioner Adam Silver said, in a vote of the Board of Governors. Final figures still were to be determined, though reports have suggested the maximum fines could rise to $10 million for tampering, $6 million for improper deals and $5 million for comments enticing other teams’ players.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't get it. How is it tampering if Bogdan ne er agreed to the terms? Doesn't that imply he didn't negotiate with Mil?

I imagine the denial was an attempt to paint the picture they hadn't spoken prior to the allowed period.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Really?  So absent LeBron he isn't playable in the NBA?  Take off the blinders.  You are as bad as Alex with Michigan players.  

Guy's done without Lebron as his teammate.  Stop overrating bubble performances.

And stop assuming I only go after UGA guys, that's false.

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Guy's done without Lebron as his teammate.  Stop overrating bubble performances.

And stop assuming I only go after UGA guys, that's false.

Eh.  It's true but whatever.  KCP is 27 and far from done.  He has the same limitations he's always had but he's also just as effective as he's always been.  Asserting that he's not an NBA player without LeBron is patently absurd.  He has a role in the NBA with or without LeBron.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Eh.  It's true but whatever.  KCP is 27 and far from done.  He has the same limitations he's always had but he's also just as effective as he's always been.  Asserting that he's not an NBA player without LeBron is patently absurd.  He has a role in the NBA with or without LeBron.  

He has generally been overpaid but absolutely an important rotation piece.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Ok, I'll elaborate.

KCP is not a player that deserves a high-dollar, long-term contract or role on a team.  When placed in that role, he underwhelms.

When in an ideal situation, such as playing with Lebron, his limitations are somewhat hidden while his strengths are highlighted.

I'm dubious that he can recreate that scenario here.  Ideally, he's a one-year contract guy.

And we haven't even started talking about the character concerns.  Guy basically got work release a couple years ago to play a game.  That happened.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

He has generally been overpaid but absolutely an important rotation piece.  

Oh I agree.  He's not worth huge dollars but on a reasonable contract, he most definitely has a role in the NBA.  He could work on the Hawks if the deal was right.  He's not my first choice but I wouldn't eliminate him from the start either. 

• Like 2